English Football

Clemdog

16 minutes ago, Steelydan1690 said:

How?correct decision 

13 minutes ago, Malvern said:

So he was offside, what are you complaining about?

Borderline stuff. Mount wasn't even on the move, standing there flat footed while the Liverpool player was on the move. A millisecond later and he isn't offside.

Then you've got the guys in the studio telling you that they can rule that as a different phase of play if they want to as well. It's mental and there's still no consistency to it.

3 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Borderline stuff. Mount wasn't even on the move, standing there flat footed while the Liverpool player was on the move. A millisecond later and he isn't offside.

Then you've got the guys in the studio telling you that they can rule that as a different phase of play if they want to as well. It's mental and there's still no consistency to it.

He wasn't a millisecond later, he was offside.

Not up to me to say which phase of play the offside stops, I would guess the same as "play on" when a foul is commited which is usually about 5 seconds.

3 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Still offside  tho ,great call by var 

11 minutes ago, Malvern said:

He wasn't a millisecond later, he was offside.

Not up to me to say which phase of play the offside stops, I would guess the same as "play on" when a foul is commited which is usually about 5 seconds.

That's the bit that annoys me. They seemed to suggest that's the VAR refs decision to make rather than a set rule.

2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

That's the bit that annoys me. They seemed to suggest that's the VAR refs decision to make rather than a set rule.

It's VAR's first season and it will make mistakes, the people on VAR will and the refs will, that was always going to be the case.

If rules need to be made I am sure they will be but for now both teams play with the same system so no bias to either side.