English Football

Clemdog

Man Utd are an absolute joke.

They aren’t going to win anything with a manager as limited as Solskjear  in charge of them and the group of players who are reportedly the big voices in the dressing room  - Pogba, Lingard, Martial, Rashford - collectively aren’t good enough either. There’s too much sizzle and not enough steak with them.

I think they are still years away from challenging and they won’t challenge until Woodward is shitcanned too.

3 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Man Utd are an absolute joke.

They aren’t going to win anything with a manager as limited as Solskjear  in charge of them and the group of players who are reportedly the big voices in the dressing room  - Pogba, Lingard, Martial, Rashford - collectively aren’t good enough either. There’s too much sizzle and not enough steak with them.

I think they are still years away from challenging and they won’t challenge until Woodward is shitcanned too.

It's pretty embarrassing how far they have fallen. I agreed with most of the punditry after the game. It seems they are almost relying on young James to save them. I think he and Wan Bissaka are good signings but they look so far off right now.

As bleak as it is though I do agree with Carragher in that they, and any team really, are never that far off if they find two or three great players in a window, a bit like Liverpool done with Suarez and have since done with Mane, then Salah etc. Really difficult to close in on the top two though.

I quite like McTominay but it's such a massive ask for the young boy.  They look weak in the middle and lack creativity. They don't have a lot of goals in them. They look poor defensively. So all in all its not a surprise they are finding it tough!

47 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

It's pretty embarrassing how far they have fallen. I agreed with most of the punditry after the game. It seems they are almost relying on young James to save them. I think he and Wan Bissaka are good signings but they look so far off right now.

As bleak as it is though I do agree with Carragher in that they, and any team really, are never that far off if they find two or three great players in a window, a bit like Liverpool done with Suarez and have since done with Mane, then Salah etc. Really difficult to close in on the top two though.

I quite like McTominay but it's such a massive ask for the young boy.  They look weak in the middle and lack creativity. They don't have a lot of goals in them. They look poor defensively. So all in all its not a surprise they are finding it tough!

It’s tough for McTominay. He’s a talented player but much like James and even Rashford to an extent there is so much being expected of them already and at their ages they should really be getting eased in rather than being relied upon.

I think they are so weak in the middle of the park. You have to be strong there to get anywhere but they seem to think more and more attacking players is the answer. 

If I was in charge I would have made getting two proven Premier League midfielders a priority and I would have gone for Wilfred Ndidi and Rebeun Neves. It’s a bit of a cop out to constantly look back at what he would have done but SAF was pretty good at investing in players who were sort of 23-25 and already had decent Premier League experience behind them but still had the potential to improve even more once he signed them and those two fit that bill perfectly.

I think having such a limited manager isn’t helping either. They badly needed somebody who can coach and bring players on in the way that Klopp and Pochettino have and I don’t think Ole is the man to do that.