English Football

Clemdog

Colombian-born Liverpool footballer Luis Díaz's father has been released by the left-wing guerrillas who kidnapped him 13 days ago, police sources and local media say.

Luis Manuel Díaz was handed over to United Nations and Catholic church officials by members of the National Liberation Army (ELN). 

He was abducted on 28 October in the family's hometown, Barrancas. 

The footballer's mother was also seized, but was freed within hours.

Local media said Mr Díaz was travelling by military helicopter to the city of Valledupar, where he would undergo a medical examination before being returned to his family.

2 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Baffle’s me that Ben White doesn’t get any England call ups 

James, Walker, Alexander Arnold, Trippier.

He's good, but not as good as any of those 4.

He's just unfortunate he plays in a position that England are very strong in. In staying that, the fact Southgate keeps picking Maguire and Philips means that doesn't mean much.

14 hours ago, Somemightsay7 said:

James, Walker, Alexander Arnold, Trippier.

He's good, but not as good as any of those 4.

He's just unfortunate he plays in a position that England are very strong in. In staying that, the fact Southgate keeps picking Maguire and Philips means that doesn't mean much.

Since he moved to right back he’s been better than James and Arnold, and that can’t be debated. He’s been every bit as good as Trippier.

I’d have him at centre back ahead of the majority of centre backs he chooses as well. 

7 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Since he moved to right back he’s been better than James and Arnold, and that can’t be debated. He’s been every bit as good as Trippier.

I’d have him at centre back ahead of the majority of centre backs he chooses as well. 

It absolutely can be, particularly as he does a completely type of job.

6 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

It absolutely can be, particularly as he does a completely type of job.

Arnold had an absolute shocker of a season last season, don’t think when James has been fit he’s been at his best either. Both are better, but since last season he’s been better than both.

Watching the build up to the Spurs game.....I swear to fuck you would believe that fat ange invented football.....he has a tough run of games coming up, I think all these pundits would be wise to wait until they have completed their first 19 games before hailing the new messiah

1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

Watching the build up to the Spurs game.....I swear to fuck you would believe that fat ange invented football.....he has a tough run of games coming up, I think all these pundits would be wise to wait until they have completed their first 19 games before hailing the new messiah

Lucky against Arsenal, ridiculously lucky against Liverpool, lucky it wasn’t 6 or 7 on Monday too. Buzzing for their downfall 

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Lucky against Arsenal, ridiculously lucky against Liverpool, lucky it wasn’t 6 or 7 on Monday too. Buzzing for their downfall 

Exactly mate, they have had a dream run of fixtures having played all the bottom 4 teams, a home fixture against a dreadful Man U team.....let's see exactly where they are when they have played everybody once