English Football

Clemdog

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

But you used Odoi who had a loan and played less than half the league games? :lol: 

Prem’s only a poisoned chalice if you’re not that good or fuck it, like Sancho.

He was a shite example yest, Sancho wasn't tho. 

Tell your second part to Ronaldo, pogba etc that become shite when they go back to the prem 

It's a culture of becoming wanks mate for whatever reason and we will leave it at that with a 2-1 babn victory thanks

Just now, born a blue nose said:

He was a shite example yest, Sancho wasn't tho. 

Tell your second part to Ronaldo, pogba etc that become shite when they go back to the prem 

It's a culture of becoming wanks mate for whatever reason and we will leave it at that with a 2-1 babn victory thanks

Ronaldo had a good first season, falling away comes with age.

I maintain I don’t think I’ve seen Sancho have a good game, before or during his Man U spell :lol: 

40 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Odoi’s rotten. Sancho was good in Germany, and came back and been poor :lol: 

Unless you’re wanting to go back to Keegan, Hargreaves etc

In walks Kevin De Bruyne…

Closely followed by Mo Salah then realised the original comment was directed at Germany and quietly slinks out

(and before you say it yes I realise they didn’t come through youth academics etc in England but they were brought over as young talents and struggled to break through and had to leave to get their chance which is basically the same point as a player coming through an academy…

It wasn’t really a route for a long time as English (probably British tbh) academies were a bit of a joke until the EPL money really kicked in mid 2010s and clubs started properly investing in them. Now the EPL squads are so packed with players I wouldn’t be surprised to see it become increasingly common for young English players to move abroad to try and get a break through, especially as the buying club knows they will get a premium if the player is successful and an English team comes in for them.

Just now, MillerTimeDavie said:

So has it changed? I stopped watching it because it was boring and soulless. 

Don't get comments like yours to be honest.

Most football is. What football do you watch that's not boring and souless unless it involves us (which is boring as fuck)?

Folk complain about English football but in reality it's near the top end if not top in terms of quality of football on offer.

6 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Most football is. What football do you watch that's not boring and souless unless it involves us (which is boring as fuck)?

Folk complain about English football but in reality it's near the top end if not top in terms of quality of football on offer.

I've been lucky enough to attend a few lower German games and two in Austria and I the atmosphere was electric. The technical quality of the game wasn't world class but a lot of the games were end to end, exciting to watch and the passion from both fans and players was incredible.

8 minutes ago, MillerTimeDavie said:

I've been lucky enough to attend a few lower German games and two in Austria and I the atmosphere was electric. The technical quality of the game wasn't world class but a lot of the games were end to end, exciting to watch and the passion from both fans and players was incredible.

Anymore riveting tales of obscure football matches attended Michael palin? 

17 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Anymore riveting tales of obscure football matches attended Michael palin? 

I've been to a few round Eastern Europe as well. Although they might have drifted towards obscurity now some of the teams I watched had a rich history for example I was at a Hansa Rostock's game and they won the last East German top flight. I went to Carl Zeiss Jena as well and they reached the cup winners cup final in 81. 

Every league has boring matches.

The EPL is the best league in the world and to say English football is soulless with no atmosphere is mad.

The attendances and support throughout the full football pyramid in England is unreal and no other country comes close. Clubs in the 4th tier get 10-15k attendances and conference teams even get 5k+. Some of the big teams can have average atmospheres but that's true of any team. Our atmosphere can be shit in run of the mill games too occasionally.

You often get people complain about the quality of the EPL after watching something like Forest vs Burnley, yet they're comparing it to Madrid vs Barcelona or whatever top 3 teams in each league they've seen. Go watch Almeria vs Valladolid or Verona vs Lecce which is comparable and you'll see a huge difference.

9 hours ago, The Godfather said:

I watch it regularly and on the whole it a good watch. It has the physicality and pace of our game but so much more skill and technique. Not a guarantee every game is great but there are some good sides in that league. I saw Man City at the weekend and they are relentless in coming at you. So much quality in one team is unbelievable.