English Football

Clemdog

34 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Would be hilarious if Spurs won the title the first season after Kane left and Bayern win f all.

I get the impression the spurs manager is not bothered about Kane being there.

I think he likes workmanlike teams, all pulling their weight so to speak, snd not reliant heavy on one player as such.

Hard to say they wouldn’t be as effective with him in the team, as he’s so prolific, but they’d maybe fall back to type with him in it and rely on him.

funnily enough, Jose and conte, multiple league winners couldn’t improve spurs with him on the team, and so far, snd it’s only 10 games, they look more fluid and not so one player heavy.

I remember Newcastle were the same with shearer, so reliant on him.

sort of similar scenarios, although different eras.

just my take on it mind you.

but, so far he’s defo hit the ground running at spurs, although had a bit of luck on a couple of games. 

5 hours ago, barrymorrison1 said:

I get the impression the spurs manager is not bothered about Kane being there.

I think he likes workmanlike teams, all pulling their weight so to speak, snd not reliant heavy on one player as such.

Hard to say they wouldn’t be as effective with him in the team, as he’s so prolific, but they’d maybe fall back to type with him in it and rely on him.

funnily enough, Jose and conte, multiple league winners couldn’t improve spurs with him on the team, and so far, snd it’s only 10 games, they look more fluid and not so one player heavy.

I remember Newcastle were the same with shearer, so reliant on him.

sort of similar scenarios, although different eras.

just my take on it mind you.

but, so far he’s defo hit the ground running at spurs, although had a bit of luck on a couple of games. 

I think they do have a heavy reliance on Maddison though. Maybe not to the same extent as Kane but he's the player that makes them tick.

Get Karen Carney so far to fuck away from anything to do with men’s football.

Continually having to have a token woman on every game or programme is becoming tedious as fuck.

There are plenty who are excellent at the jobs they do to just allow it to be based on merit - Laura Woods, Emma Hayes, Kate Abdo, Kelly Somers, Emma Dodds etc.