English Football

Clemdog

16 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I'm not really a fan of all these rich, foreign owners in football, but I agree with the Liverpool chairman Tom Werner. He wants to introduce EPL games to New York City. It would be brilliant.

If the NFL can play in London, then why not football.

Thought you were just looking for a bite.

As if the EPL isn’t already had enough of its soul ripped out. 

11 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Quite literally one of the worst ideas ever.

FIFA also see it differently mate. It's inevitably the future with all 5 big European countries promoting the game globally. Get yourself outside Castlemilk pal. :lol:

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

FIFA also see it differently mate. It's inevitably the future with all 5 big European countries promoting the game globally. Get yourself outside Castlemilk pal. :lol:

You'd be quite happy for the old firm game to be moved as well then?

Absolutely wank idea.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Promoting the game globally, the biggest sport in the world?

this idea can go and take a running fuck to itself

1 minute ago, Roy Hobbs said:

You'd be quite happy for the old firm game to be moved as well then?

Absolutely wank idea.

Nobody's talking about moving the biggest football rivalry.

At least I'm not.

22 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I'm not really a fan of all these rich, foreign owners in football, but I agree with the Liverpool chairman Tom Werner. He wants to introduce EPL games to New York City. It would be brilliant.

Brilliant for who? Certainly not the match going fans of the clubs in question.

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Imagine the shirts sold if Liverpool played Man U in NY?

Or Barcelona played a league game in Miami where Messi resides...

Why should tourist fans get to see the biggest game of the season live and the real fans be stuck behind? It's a disgusting idea.

31 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Nobody's talking about moving the biggest football rivalry.

At least I'm not.

21 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Imagine the shirts sold if Liverpool played Man U in NY?

Or Barcelona played a league game in Miami where Messi resides...

That didn't take long.

14 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Football’s been played in London for about 150 years mate 🤷

16 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Because the NFL is a sport no one outside of the US cared about and the only way to expand was to find new ways to get other countries interested. 

Most of the EPL's viewers are already outside of England. 

NFL is also a sport where it's common teams just pack up and move state for financial reasons. They have a minimal dedicated fan base. 

6 hours ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Because the NFL is a sport no one outside of the US cared about and the only way to expand was to find new ways to get other countries interested. 

Most of the EPL's viewers are already outside of England. 

NFL is also a sport where it's common teams just pack up and move state for financial reasons. They have a minimal dedicated fan base. 

Six NFL teams are in the top ten most valued franchises. They hardly needed to expand. They did, and it is a huge success in London.

I don't see a need for all the dislikes I received for bringing up a topic that clubs and FIFA have accepted.

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Six NFL teams are in the top ten most valued franchises. They hardly needed to expand. They did, and it is a huge success in London.

I don't see a need for all the dislikes I received for bringing up a topic that clubs and FIFA have accepted.

Fifa are one of the most corrupt companies in the world.

If they don't need to expand... why would they do it? They are doing it for money and no other reason.

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Would you be happy for Rangers to start playing games abroad?

18 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Would you be happy for Rangers to start playing games abroad?

We are in an English thread where I was talking about comments the Liverpool chairman made.

The opportunity doesn't exist for us, but knowing the number of ex-pats in N America, it would be a tremendous success. (obviously, not the OF game getting moved)

Agree, disagree, like it or not, it is going to happen within the big 5 leagues.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

We are in an English thread where I was talking about comments the Liverpool chairman made.

The opportunity doesn't exist for us, but knowing the number of ex-pats in N America, it would be a tremendous success. (obviously, not the OF game getting moved)

Agree, disagree, like it or not, it is going to happen within the big 5 leagues.

Why?