Puma

crazybawz

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, bluenosebrad said:

Possible reason maybe they are looking for some influence from puma to help get a better deal off SD. If the Puma brand is being shown a neg way and currently SD lots of bad press it might help SD to sit down and look at the current deal ? in saying that I wont hold my breathe 

Just to put a different slant on it maybe puma asked them to remove it due to the bad publicity surrounding the SD deal just a thought 

41 minutes ago, inverhouse said:

e complication we have, of course, is Puma. Puma are in the middle of this through no fault of their own.

that's what Dave King said about puma removing some advertising is not attacking them what a stupid statement to make. 

http://m.heraldscotland.com/news/14667728.Dave_King_reveals_Light_Blues_could_launch_new_kit_and_reckons_Mike_Ashley__cut_and_ran__from_Rangers_Retail_board/

read that it certainly doesn't come across as attacking puma .

Sweet Jesus, if your taking that piece as serious then there's no hope for you. 

So again why are we attacking Puma by removing their name, while the real bastards in the room get their name splashed all over Ibrox. 

23 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So again why are we attacking Puma by removing their name, while the real bastards in the room get their name splashed all over Ibrox. 

Attacking puma by taking down some advertising boards get a grip have you seen the contracts do the club have to advertise puma all over the stadium?? & who is the real bastards in the room ?? 

2 minutes ago, inverhouse said:

Attacking puma by taking down some advertising boards get a grip have you seen the contracts do the club have to advertise puma all over the stadium?? & who is the real bastards in the room ?? 

If it's not in the contract with Puma why put them up in the first place. 

So why take them down?

What bastard has his company splashed all over Ibrox? You do go to Ibrox? 

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If it's not in the contract with Puma why put them up in the first place. 

So why take them down?

What bastard has his company splashed all over Ibrox? You do go to Ibrox? 

Yes I do and to be honest I thought you might be talking about the 1872 logos so I agree with u about the fat man but this attacking puma is dross anyway I am off to the beach so have a good day 

40 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

We have gone to court over the SD advertising space. 

My guess is that PUMA advertising is not within the contract, i,e they are (or where before the IP withdrawal, grey area here!!)  contracted to manufacture and distribute the official kit. Advertising may not have been within that contract. PUMA have been silent on the issue, you would have expected them to make some noise if they felt that they we where in breach. 

The only thing the club appear to have done is remove PUMA advertising. Given PUMAs contract is with RRL and not the club, the club may not be legally obligated to allow them advertising space.

Fuck knows though.  

9 minutes ago, Banner said:

We have gone to court over the SD advertising space. 

My guess is that PUMA advertising is not within the contract, i,e they are (or where before the IP withdrawal, grey area here!!)  contracted to manufacture and distribute the official kit. Advertising may not have been within that contract. PUMA have been silent on the issue, you would have expected them to make some noise if they felt that they we where in breach. 

The only thing the club appear to have done is remove PUMA advertising. Given PUMAs contract is with RRL and not the club, the club may not be legally obligated to allow them advertising space.

Fuck knows though.  

We've went to court to get the proper money due for the ad space quite rightly,  why not take them down while that case is pending. 

If the club have received any money from Puma and I assume they have received something almost certainly not all of it ( that's another thread) then I would also assume it's part of the contract, every other club seems to advertise the shirt supplier. 

My point is Puma are stuck between 2 rich fuckers who should have had this sorted months ago instead of letting it turn into the clusterfuck it has, and taking down the Puma boards isnt going to fix it any the sooner. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

We've went to court to get the proper money due for the ad space quite rightly,  why not take them down while that case is pending. 

If the club have received any money from Puma and I assume they have received something almost certainly not all of it ( that's another thread) then I would also assume it's part of the contract, every other club seems to advertise the shirt supplier. 

My point is Puma are stuck between 2 rich fuckers who should have had this sorted months ago instead of letting it turn into the clusterfuck it has, and taking down the Puma boards aren't going to fix it any the sooner. 

Not sure about the law but can we just fail to uphold a contractual obligation due to an ongoing court case? Should we lose the case would we due to refund SD for the duration of the loss of advertising space? It may be a risk the board arent willing to take as they dont feel the case is as watertight as others they have raised.

You need to be a commercial law expert to understand the shit that is going on at the club right now. At least you dont need to be a tax law expert anymore. 

I posted right at the beginning of this thread that Puma may have decided that being stuck between a rock and a hard place just wasnt worth it and had agreed to part ways amicably. 

Given the complete silence from both sides in the days that have followed I doubt that is true now, but who knows. Everything to do with retail at the club is a clusterfuck. 

Whilst the deals themselves arent the boards fault, the petty shit it has turned into does lie in part at their feet IMO. Unfortunately it appears that SD just arent willing to talk, let alone come to a compromised solution and that has forced the board (rightly or wrongly) to take the action they believe is correct.

Yes every club allows their shirt supplier advertising space, but we have a uniquely complicated retail structure. The club contract RRL, who then subcontract Puma. Did the club grant RRL the legal right to sell advertising space with Ibrox? Did the RRL deal with Puma allow for advertising space?

Only the club, RRL and Puma can answer these questions, and none of them are talking. 

4 hours ago, inverhouse said:

Just to put a different slant on it maybe puma asked them to remove it due to the bad publicity surrounding the SD deal just a thought 

Na I dont believe for one min, why use the puma brand on the strips on Saturday if that was the case?

On 19/08/2016 at 3:51 PM, one55 said:

you know you can buy the tops now don't you? or you the kinda person that lets other people tell you what to do? if you want a shirt go buy one..the juniors is £37. 

No, I'm the kind of person that's decided, all by my adult self, that I'm not going to buy any merchandise whilst the deal does not benefit us in the most.

On 19/08/2016 at 7:39 PM, TheBluebells said:

Same mate can't wait till someone tells me I'm allowed to buy a strip, God only knows how I managed every other season without a grown up telling me what I could and couldn't buy. 

Did you just pull that conclusion out the f*cking sky?

On 19/08/2016 at 7:42 PM, Smile said:

It's the way of today people need someone to do their thinking for them and help them form even the simplest opinions.

Well done for managing to extract that much information from one sentence.

On 19/08/2016 at 9:08 PM, Bears r us said:

I assume you are taking the piss. :)

Unfortunately I'm not.

7 minutes ago, TheBluebells said:

That doesn't make sense.

Well I'm struggling to see where you got the idea that I need a 'grown up' to tell me when I can and can't buy a strip.  That was what your extremely witty reply was suggesting, or have I got that wrong?

2 hours ago, flany-kpl said:

No, I'm the kind of person that's decided, all by my adult self, that I'm not going to buy any merchandise whilst the deal does not benefit us in the most.

Did you just pull that conclusion out the f*cking sky?

Well done for managing to extract that much information from one sentence.

Unfortunately I'm not.

Thanks for the reply, reading your reply to others as well as my own I see you have made your own decision and not waiting on someone else giving you the green light,  which is fine by me.

19 hours ago, Bears r us said:

Thanks for the reply, reading your reply to others as well as my own I see you have made your own decision and not waiting on someone else giving you the green light,  which is fine by me.

Fair doos mate!  :541:

Why don't the club build a wall IN FRONT of the door to the store in the stadium. 

They could make a gap of two inches access space which would be sufficient to allow access to Sports Direct employees and potential customers inside.

12 hours ago, weeto said:

Why don't the club build a wall IN FRONT of the door to the store in the stadium. 

They could make a gap of two inches access space which would be sufficient to allow access to Sports Direct employees and potential customers inside.

2 foot ye mean? Or is there a bunch of flat stanleys working in there?

35 minutes ago, M0NTY said:

2 foot ye mean? Or is there a bunch of flat stanleys working in there?

Naw. If we provided them a generous two inches of space to get in they might have an issue getting in. And the store would need to shut down. Oh dear... ?

In other words stop Sports Direct getting access to the place and force them out.

2 hours ago, weeto said:

Naw. If we provided them a generous two inches of space to get in they might have an issue getting in. And the store would need to shut down. Oh dear... ?

In other words stop Sports Direct getting access to the place and force them out.

I dont think this would work i think the health and safety would have an issue with restricting access and egress etc. Maybe an indiana jones style snake pit in front of the door would be better

16 hours ago, weeto said:

Donald Trump likes this post.