Rangers Sign McCulloch

And I'd rather sign someone like McCulloch than a second rate foreigner who goes missing in the majority of matches and pussies out in the middle of december when we are away to the likes of St. Mirren and ICT.

McCulloch know's what we are all about, he's a Bluenose, that makes a difference.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just browsing through these threads and ive got to say people are so optomistic its unreal, we have got to be the most demanding fans in the world LOL.

If McCulloch can cut it in the Premiership he can defo play in the SPL FFS. IMO he is a really good player who always gives 110% every time I have seen him play. He can score goals, can hold the ball up, is good in the air, can beat a man and as has already been said in one of us which means he will play for the jersey. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FOR 2 MILLION????

I have no dobt he will be a first team regular.

I think that he will be a decent signing for us. Puts in a good shift, works hard for the team, can score goals as well as make them. Too many people writing him off because he is an ex-Motherwell player coming from Wigan. The fact that he is a blue nose, and knows what it means is another big plus point.

While the fee is higher than I would have wanted to pay for him, just look at the prices being paid for other non-internationalists from the EPL.

Too all those doubters, give him a chance, I'm sure he will prove to be a good buy.

I took this from another website which was commenting on all possible transfers (see last sentence)

Rangers are very close to picking up Wigan’s determined Scottish midfielder Lee McCullough (Daily Record). The deal is thought to be for around $2m, which seems pretty reasonable for a player with Premiership experience who will add some much-needed steel as Walter Smith’s seek to claw back the title from Celtic.

McCullough to Rangers YEA - and a good signing as well!

I really don't know enough about him to judge either way at this point but I do feel that a great deal of the unenthusiastic response to the rumours that we were after him was down to him not being an overly illustrious name.

I mean, 'Lee McCulloch'? Doesn't exactly compare to 'Jan Venegoor of Hesselink', or 'Massimo Donati' does it? :D. Nevertheless, I recokon we'll get just as much, probably more, out of him than the Tims will out of those fellas. This is the SPL, after all, McCulloch is a Scot and has played succesfully in this league before. He knows what it (and us) is all about.

Sadly, £2m is a reasonably large sum for us to spend on one player these days so there is, I feel, some pressure for him to perform but for the time being, welcome home Big Man and the best of luck!

"I'm delighted to come to such a massive club - a club with ambition a club with tradition. I'm here to play for the badge"

That's what I like to hear

Welcome to Rangers Lee (tu)

It's A Deal

by Lindsay Herron

LEE McCULLOCH has revealed his joy after signing a four-year contract with Rangers tonight following his £2.25m move from Wigan Athletic.

Lee McCulloch joins GersChief Executive Martin Bain clinched the deal which makes it EIGHT summer signings for Walter Smith as he builds the squad for the new season.

Lifelong fan Lee was ecstatic to finally clinch the move he always wanted after nearly seven months of waiting.

Smith tried to bring the Scotland star in January but Wigan wouldn't budge but he got his man tonight and McCulloch could not be happier.

He said: "I'm delighted to come to such a massive club - a club with ambition and a club with tradition. I'm here to play for the badge.

"I have waited seven months for this to happen and it's great that it has finally happened. I had hoped I would get the move in January but Wigan wouldn't budge. I tied to kick up as much of a fuss as possible because all I wanted to do was come here but it wasn't to be.

"But that's all in the past now because the most important thing is that I have signed here now.

"It really is brilliant and undoubtedly one of the best days of my life. My Dad used to take me to Ibrox to watch the great standard of football and now I have the chance to play in front of the best fans in Europe in my opinion.

"Walter Smith and Ally McCoist were great with me during their period with Scotland and the fact they wanted to bring me here was fantastic.

the 10 million ill soon be used up because there is more to come.

Come on Sir, gie us the lowdown!

MC is a great signing for gers, we seem to buliding a true rangers family feeling around the club again and thats long over due!

It's A Deal

by Lindsay Herron

LEE McCULLOCH has revealed his joy after signing a four-year contract with Rangers tonight following his £2.25m move from Wigan Athletic.

Lee McCulloch joins GersChief Executive Martin Bain clinched the deal which makes it EIGHT summer signings for Walter Smith as he builds the squad for the new season.

Lifelong fan Lee was ecstatic to finally clinch the move he always wanted after nearly seven months of waiting.

Smith tried to bring the Scotland star in January but Wigan wouldn't budge but he got his man tonight and McCulloch could not be happier.

He said: "I'm delighted to come to such a massive club - a club with ambition and a club with tradition. I'm here to play for the badge.

"I have waited seven months for this to happen and it's great that it has finally happened. I had hoped I would get the move in January but Wigan wouldn't budge. I tied to kick up as much of a fuss as possible because all I wanted to do was come here but it wasn't to be.

"But that's all in the past now because the most important thing is that I have signed here now.

"It really is brilliant and undoubtedly one of the best days of my life. My Dad used to take me to Ibrox to watch the great standard of football and now I have the chance to play in front of the best fans in Europe in my opinion.

"Walter Smith and Ally McCoist were great with me during their period with Scotland and the fact they wanted to bring me here was fantastic.

Well, I don't rate him but he says the right things

"It really is brilliant and undoubtedly one of the best days of my life. My Dad used to take me to Ibrox to watch the great standard of football and now I have the chance to play in front of the best fans in Europe in my opinion

F*ck your Scott Brown

:clap: :bouncy: :rangers: