Rangers Sign McCulloch

I think the main reasons are because he's strong, versatile, expereinced, is a grafter and works hard for his team (tu)

He adds another dimension to our squad and we have lacked that for years!

what dimension does he bring that we have lacked for years?

He's a proper target man(aswell as a left midfielder) and that is something we haven't had for years.

We now have a finisher, a target man, an inside forward, a get in behind the defence type guy.

We have far more options and that will help us ove rthe course of the season.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we have had that type of player in Prso though

a target man, a left-forward type player and a work horse. and IMO he doesnt compare at all to Prso.

Dont get me wrong, he will get a chance and im not going to sit here and knock him when he hasnt kicked a ball for us yet.

Everyone deserves a chance

I will wait until he actually starts playing before i'll judge him. Does anyone know where he is going play?

On the pitch....

Sorry, I've pretty :D the now

He's scored goals in important games in England and been a fixture in the Premiership (and Championship) for the last 4/5 years. Plus, he WANTS to play for us. He is one of us.

People need to realise that we are building a squad, not a first 11. He might not be able to fit in a place naturally at the moment, but as the season goes on and people get suspended, injured and/or tired, this big squad we're building will do us good.

Nail on the head

we have had that type of player in Prso though

a target man, a left-forward type player and a work horse. and IMO he doesnt compare at all to Prso.

Dont get me wrong, he will get a chance and im not going to sit here and knock him when he hasnt kicked a ball for us yet.

Everyone deserves a chance

Prso wasn't a proper target man though, people just assumed he was. He played his best football on the left channel too much to be an effective target man.

McCulloch will physically battle with CB's in away games against teams like Falkirik and St Mirren and last seaosn nobody else was willing to do that and ultimately it was those type of games that meant we couldn't challenge for the title by Christmas.

The way I see it is that 2 million isn't a lot to pay, especially if we pick up 3 points in 4 away games against say ICT, Falkirk, St Mirren and Dundee Utd due in part to McCullochs ability to batter away at defenders, insted of 1 point or no points because it;s winning the nitty gritty games that wins you titles.

He'll be an effective, if not spectacular signing IMO!

Like I keep saying, I'll back anyone who pulls on that jersey and give them my full support.

I have my doubts like anyone else, but hopefully he proves me wrong.

In Walter we trust.

I like the signing. I love his work rate and his physical play and IMO we've been poor in that since Arthur/Amo/Oz retired or moved on.

I think we're in good shape with more (?) money to spend. Well done Boss.

He is a target man plain and simple and its what we need, if you look at Hartson when he was at Celtic, big lump of mass, couldn't run for shit but he didn't half put in a good return! He may be a diddy for the national side at club level Walter must have seen something in him to picking him for the national squad and now signing him for Rangers!

Give him untill 3 or 4 games into the league season, don't judge him in pre-season!

Welcome to the biggest and best club in the World Lee. I'm not his biggest of fans but I know a lot of people who are. He has the right attitude and is a determined, commited player who will give his all. I'm sure he'll prove a lot of us wrong!

Welcome to the biggest and best club in the World Lee. I'm not his biggest of fans but I know a lot of people who are. He has the right attitude and is a determined, commited player who will give his all. I'm sure he'll prove a lot of us wrong!

I sense that you are warming to him now ;)

Now that he's almost a Bear he'll get my full support. I'll wait until I see him in the blue of Rangers before I judge him.

Now that he's almost a Bear he'll get my full support. I'll wait until I see him in the blue of Rangers before I judge him.

yep and he is a Bear already before signing which is even better :rangers:

That is definately the best thing to do mate. We shouldn't judge until we have seen what he can do.

He may turn out to be the worst signing. But then again, he may turn out to be the best