Miles from acceptable

15 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Mr Warburton get the board told, you need 4million in January and 10 million at the end of the season.

We all know our weakness and it was badly exposed again, Kiernan is a squad player and Sandros maybe could do a job but you need a quality centre half alongside him not the second rate Hill, Wilson and Kiernan.

One last thing , I hear Boogie is on a free? If so invite him up to Murray park and have a look as short term but 2 quality centre halfs needed one in January and another in July.

Yup. Although I'd argue that we need four centre backs signed. We could realistically spend £10 million just on the defence!

18 minutes ago, Inigo said:

It's very strange indeed. So many short passes going astray now and instances of poor control. Last season we struggled to break teams down after the first 10-15 games and that's understandable if not acceptable. But the passing thing is just weird. What's changed to cause that to go so off the boil this season in that respect? 

Agree. Changing the personnel in the midfield has been a disaster for us, changing us from young and dynamic to pedestrian.  Other point is confidence.  Even if you're playing well if the team continually leaks soft goals and it hits results, the confidence is quickly drained from the team.  Happened under Advocaat and PLG and it finished both of them.  MW needs to sort this out sooner rather than later or he may suffer the same fate.

53 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Warburton- Drop the favourites if they're out of form. Get them all fucking told that's unacceptable today if you don't want to carry the can with your job.

Barton- You're about to get slaughtered. Shut it, take it, learn from it.

Windass, Garner - That's what it takes to be a Rangers player. Tav, good effort. 

Miller- Played out of position but not good enough.

McKay, Kiernan, Senderos- Embarrassments.

The rest- not good enough. 

Well done those who forked out 50 bucks and gave undeserved backing. 

:clap:

Just now, 1NachoNovo said:

I'd seriously give both my bollox for a Dick Advocaat right now. He's like a MW and WS moulded into one. Good attacking football WITH defenders.

Don't agree about Advocaat.  He spent loads on our defence and he still couldn't get it right.  Kiernan may not be up to it but neither was the likes of Konterman..

4 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

I don't think they can adapt to be honest. Barton and Niko just aren't quick enough to play the way we did last season.

We also have other players who just don't look like they can make the step up, Barrie McKay being one of them.

Our midfield 3 needs to have at the very least 2 players who are energetic so if you play Barton you don't play Kranjcar and vice versa. Also Barton and Rossiter together in the same line up also doesn't work.

The midfield trio that would be most likely to get us back to the way we were last season is Rossiter, Windass and Holt. Today we saw Barton, Kranjcar and Windass and who came out best in that trio?

Like I said earlier if there aren't heads rolling (from a team selection perspective) then Warburton is going to lose the support he has gained in a very short and sharp few weeks.

10 minutes ago, Gandhi1872 said:

Third goal was the sucker punch. Defensively shocking. 

I don't think Barton was as bad as people are saying. He was left so isolated in the first half. 

Kranjcar should never have started. He's been a defensive liability since he's been here. No idea how MW thinks he could do the work in an away OF derby. Halliday should've started all day. You know what it means to him and you can guarantee he would get stuck in. 

We started relatively well but we still aimed to sit back and counter attach. How can possibly counterattack in an effective manner with a 36 year old in a wide area? I know he set up the goal but O'Halloran or Forrester should started wide. 

As someone else mentioned I don't think we set up to sit back and counter. The team selection suggested this wasn't our game plan. We basically got forced back and  Krancjar should have been hooked after 30 mins for more legs in midfield. Miller although been involved in the goal should have been off early 2nd half for O'halloran as a desperately needed out ball!

Just now, Ibroxholm said:

Don't agree about Advocaat.  He spent loads on our defence and he still couldn't get it right.  Kiernan may not be up to it but neither was the likes of Konterman..

Couldn't get it right? We were fucking a brilliant team under advocaat and won very convincingly the majority of the time. What he spent on the defence doesn't matter. What does matter is he signed defenders that could defend. Obviously goals would be conceded, depending on who you were up against. The point is, he recognised that defending was part of football. Add that to the mix of good attacking players and you get a good team,. 

7 minutes ago, Sam English Loyal said:

Yup. Although I'd argue that we need four centre backs signed. We could realistically spend £10 million just on the defence!

I agree but if we get one in January and give Boogie a look at over the next week or two him and Sandros I would go with, Kiernan, Hill and possibly Wilson in the summer would go.

But your spot on we need to invest heavily on this part of the team, but we all already knew this.

When your defence give away goals like that, they just undo all the good work the players in front of them did.

The third went in our heads dropped then the sending off and we had no defence.  

Warburton must demand funds as with a couple of decent centre halfs it could have all been diffrent today.

Mackay should have burst the net at 2-1 also

17 minutes ago, Sam English Loyal said:

Fair point. What really rubs it in though, is that it's like watching a re-run of a bad horror movie, as we were defending as shambolically as this last season too. The only plus side for me is that Windass and Garner are going to be terrific signings for us.

1 hour ago, 1NachoNovo said:

Couldn't get it right? We were fucking a brilliant team under advocaat and won very convincingly the majority of the time. What he spent on the defence doesn't matter. What does matter is he signed defenders that could defend. Obviously goals would be conceded, depending on who you were up against. The point is, he recognised that defending was part of football. Add that to the mix of good attacking players and you get a good team,. 

Again totally disagree.  Advocaat got chased because our defence was physical enough to deal with the likes of Sutton, Hartson, etc.  You only need to look back at our record against them at that time.  Granted Advocaat built a team that was good to watch but he spent quite a lot of money doing it.  

Just now, Ibroxholm said:

Again totally disagree.  Advocaat got chased because our defence was physical enough to deal with the likes of Sutton, Hartson, etc.  You only need to look back at our record against them at that time.  Granted Advocaat built a team that was good to watch but he spent quite a lot of money doing it.  

I don't think Advocaat got chased.