U20s see off Caley Thistle

The Dude

Are any of the centre backs in the 20s good enough/ getting close to the first team?

My point is I'd like to see one of them get a regular run of games as I think most Rangers fans will be more understanding if they see a youngster trying his best and making the odd mistake, rather than the likes of Senderos/Hill/Kiernan making mistakes week in week out.

I probably would never have been saying this at the start of the season as I realise the jump up is significant but after the start we've made I honestly feel they cannot be any worse than what we have now.

Admittedly I don't see a lot of the 20s and the only one I've heard anything about is the young lad McCrorie. It could be that none of them are anywhere near ready yet but just thought I'd ask. If I remember correctly Danny Wilson was 17 and playing in the CL (albeit with a very good experienced centre back beside him).

1 hour ago, jackrfc95 said:

Are any of the centre backs in the 20s good enough/ getting close to the first team?

My point is I'd like to see one of them get a regular run of games as I think most Rangers fans will be more understanding if they see a youngster trying his best and making the odd mistake, rather than the likes of Senderos/Hill/Kiernan making mistakes week in week out.

I probably would never have been saying this at the start of the season as I realise the jump up is significant but after the start we've made I honestly feel they cannot be any worse than what we have now.

Admittedly I don't see a lot of the 20s and the only one I've heard anything about is the young lad McCrorie. It could be that none of them are anywhere near ready yet but just thought I'd ask. If I remember correctly Danny Wilson was 17 and playing in the CL (albeit with a very good experienced centre back beside him).

Most Rangers fans would NOT be more understanding of a youngster making 'the odd mistake'. We have proven time after time that we jump on any cunts back after only a short while. The Rangers support does not do patience. 

Last night's centre backs were both 17 and have limited experience at Under 20's.

In what was a very scrappy game we were a bit shaky defensively.

Where as they both have potential neither are close to being ready for the first team.

In saying that, from what I have seen so far both are better options that the player on loan from Raith Rovers. What he does have over them is physical stature.

2 hours ago, johanhentze said:

Most Rangers fans would NOT be more understanding of a youngster making 'the odd mistake'. We have proven time after time that we jump on any cunts back after only a short while. The Rangers support does not do patience. 

Take your point, I suppose its a very idealistic way of looking at it.

19 minutes ago, Elfideldo said:

Last night's centre backs were both 17 and have limited experience at Under 20's.

In what was a very scrappy game we were a bit shaky defensively.

Where as they both have potential neither are close to being ready for the first team.

In saying that, from what I have seen so far both are better options that the player on loan from Raith Rovers. What he does have over them is physical stature.

Has he been brought in purely for the under 20s? Surely we'd be better of developing our own players rather than taking players from other teams on loan.  

6 hours ago, johanhentze said:

The support could potentially destroy a young centre back. On the one hand we have the "we are Rangers, we should win every game mentality" and then the "we need to give youth a chance, why won't the manager play x,y,z. Unfortunately it's rare you can have both. 

Either go with horses for courses selections to grind out SPL wins like Walter Smith. Or put your faith in younger, untested players and accept they will make mistakes and from time to time these mistakes will cost games. 

Just now, gsa said:

The support could potentially destroy a young centre back. On the one hand we have the "we're Rangers, we should win every game mentality" and then the "we need to give youth a chance, why forms the manager play x,y,z. Unfortunately it's rare you can have both. 

Either go with horses for courses selections to grind out SPL wins like Walter Smith or put your faith in younger, untested players and accept they will make mistakes and from time to time this mistakes will cost games. 

Exactly.