Back to Basics

Nieto11878

From Saturday onwards we go back to what was the managers original blueprint young hungry professionals who can get about the park with energy and drive and no little skill. Halliday , Holt , Forrester , Tav , Waghorn , McKay (At Times) backed up by Windass , Crooks Garner and MOH. We are not in a position to gamble on the legs and fitness of older professionals he has to accept if we wants to play a 3 in midfield then they need to be able to cover the ground quickly.  I am 100% behind the manager I like him as a man and his style of football but he needs to sort this out or it will be his undoing.  We Cannot go to Aberdeen next week and have old legs in the team and people who dont know what this game is going to be like as they will be in for a shock make no mistake they will be up for it as usual.

Just now, Nieto11878 said:

From Saturday onwards we go back to what was the managers original blueprint young hungry professionals who can get about the park with energy and drive and no little skill. Halliday , Holt , Forrester , Tav , Waghorn , McKay (At Times) backed up by Windass , Crooks Garner and MOH. We are not in a position to gamble on the legs and fitness of older professionals he has to accept if we wants to play a 3 in midfield then they need to be able to cover the ground quickly.  I am 100% behind the manager I like him as a man and his style of football but he needs to sort this out or it will be his undoing.  We Cannot go to Aberdeen next week and have old legs in the team and people who dont know what this game is going to be like as they will be in for a shock make no mistake they will be up for it as usual.

If history tells us anything in the past few months, dont be surprised to see the obvious lineup dismissed and the old boys back on the pitch. 

It's criminal that we should even have to go back to basics; fantastic foundations were laid last season.

I agree with your points regarding Saturday's line-up and it might happen, but it'll be temporary; Barton and Kanjcar aren't here to sit on the bench. They're paid too much.

As I said elsewhere, Warburton's sudden change in his transfer policy has deeper complications. Dropping the slow, past-it veterans that he brought in this season for the young, hungry boys he signed last season will have complications. Joey Barton, for example, will not sit on the bench twiddling his thumbs. Halliday was relegated to the bench on Saturday, in my opinion, because it was easier to drop him than Barton or Kranjcar.

We are not the same side as last season. That is due to our recruitment.

I have genuine concern over our chances at places like Pittodrie and Tynecastle.

In the matter of defending actually getting to basics never mind back to them would be something of an achievement.    The way they play these days - despite their allegedly impressive CVs - they do not give much of an impression of ever having learned the basics in the first case.   Which also brings into question whether the coaching is effective enough.   On recent results - and since April - it isn't.    

Will be very interesting to see what the reaction is if a goal or goals are lost in the next 2 games (Ross County and QoS). 

I dont know how he cant see that the likes of Miller and Nicko esp could be great impact players once the game has settled and slowed slightly, He has to use the squad better I agree that the likes of Barton might kick off if he isnt getting a game but could he honestly chap the managers door and say he deserves to be in the team.  This season i think only Tav , Windass albeit in short spells and forrester have shown anywhere near whats required.

15 minutes ago, bluenose_n1 said:

Ohallaran is the only tried and tested top flight player we have

why the fuck that boy isn't starting is beyond me

did we not buy him because he tore us a new arse in the cup

I'm starting to think there been a little disagreement somewhere between him and the management / manager. The expression on his face from the bench during the OF told a story i think.

13 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

It's criminal that we should even have to go back to basics; fantastic foundations were laid last season.

I agree with your points regarding Saturday's line-up and it might happen, but it'll be temporary; Barton and Kanjcar aren't here to sit on the bench. They're paid too much.

As I said elsewhere, Warburton's sudden change in his transfer policy has deeper complications. Dropping the slow, past-it veterans that he brought in this season for the young, hungry boys he signed last season will have complications. Joey Barton, for example, will not sit on the bench twiddling his thumbs. Halliday was relegated to the bench on Saturday, in my opinion, because it was easier to drop him than Barton or Kranjcar.

We are not the same side as last season. That is due to our recruitment.

I have genuine concern over our chances at places like Pittodrie and Tynecastle.

Spot on with that comment mate, it appears to me that Barton thinks hes bigger than the club if he thinks he can play shit and start everytime something is in that contract surely, nothing else can explain it. No player is bigger than the club and it should be reitterated in general if thats the case. Is it just me or can anyone else believe that its possible for a character like Barton to go into a dressing room and upset the chemistry? Definitely

25 minutes ago, M0NTY said:

Spot on with that comment mate, it appears to me that Barton thinks hes bigger than the club if he thinks he can play shit and start everytime something is in that contract surely, nothing else can explain it. No player is bigger than the club and it should be reitterated in general if thats the case. Is it just me or can anyone else believe that its possible for a character like Barton to go into a dressing room and upset the chemistry? Definitely

There is absolutely no doubt that he's underestimated Scottish football.

Whether or not he thinks he's bigger than the club, I'm not sure. I was pleased when his arrival was announced, but his "I've made my decision #rollupandspendyourlastdime" teasing Tweet made me cringe a bit. In addition, slightly randomly, I was told that Tav has a superstition of being the last player out of the tunnel on matchday, something he did all last season. Not this season, Barton has taken over that.

I want Barton to succeed, as I do Kranjcar, Hill and Senderos, but they have not been good signings so far. These are players with vast experience at a decent level, so whether it's five games or fifteen games into the season, for all four to have failed to make the expected impact, it's worrying.

I think most supporters would agree we would rather see Windass, Rossiter, Crooks, Holt, Halliday, MOH, McKay, Waghorn and Garner rather than Miller, Barton or Kranjcar but I just don't see it happening. If I'm being honest I could tolerate Miller as long as he's playing CF but playing him wide is pointless. MOH can't get a sniff despite impressing everytime we see him. I was also disappointed he brought Waghorn on for Miller on Saturday instead of MOH. Waghorn looked unfit and lethargic, just what we didn't need at that point in the game, MOH would at least have had a go at Tierney. Anyway, Saturday's a new day, fingers crossed Warburton sees what the majority of fans have been seeing for months!

18 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

There is absolutely no doubt that he's underestimated Scottish football.

Whether or not he thinks he's bigger than the club, I'm not sure. I was pleased when his arrival was announced, but his "I've made my decision #rollupandspendyourlastdime" teasing Tweet made me cringe a bit. In addition, slightly randomly, I was told that Tav has a superstition of being the last player out of the tunnel on matchday, something he did all last season. Not this season, Barton has taken over that.

I want Barton to succeed, as I do Kranjcar, Hill and Senderos, but they have not been good signings so far. These are players with vast experience at a decent level, so whether it's five games or fifteen games into the season, for all four to have failed to make the expected impact, it's worrying.

I despise the fact that social media has infiltrated the football game as well. Just like the TV deals ruled and ruined the game in my opinion, social media is the same. A vehicle for advertising once again. It wont happen but it would be nice to escape the social media for once, even when it concers rangers. I deleted facebook 6 month ago, it was damaging my perspective on life. It has a habit of doing that, it affects everyone but not everyone can work it out and realise its the worst creation thats been pushed on us for years. I would prefer it if all the players in the squad were banned from using twitter, facebook etc. Pissed me off a while back when Forrester was blatantly plugging all sorts of shite from football boots to brands of coffee etc.