We were all right!!

Billythebear77

Nearly every one on this forums been saying for weeks that wee Barrie needs dropped and MOH needs a run in the team, I think we're seeing the difference between the 2, one is direct, not afraid to go past an opponent and gets to the by-line and crosses the ball, the other slows the play down, is afraid to take his opponent on, nearly always cuts back and passes backwards!. 

I hope wee Barrie takes this time to sort him self out and gets back to being the player we all hope he can be, but MOH was class today and has to start for the foreseeable future IMO

If O'Halloran's form can jump start McKay into playing better then it can't be a bad thing. 

Competition for places is something we need, and seeing O'Halloran starting in front of him for a few weeks will hopefully bring out the best in him.

3 hours ago, Billythebear77 said:

Nearly every one on this forums been saying for weeks that wee Barrie needs dropped and MOH needs a run in the team, I think we're seeing the difference between the 2, one is direct, not afraid to go past an opponent and gets to the by-line and crosses the ball, the other slows the play down, is afraid to take his opponent on, nearly always cuts back and passes backwards!. 

I hope wee Barrie takes this time to sort him self out and gets back to being the player we all hope he can be, but MOH was class today and has to start for the foreseeable future IMO

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day - folks calling for Wallace to dropped, wes to be replaced by Gilks -and on and on - it's a squad game and they are all playing a part! 

1 minute ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day - folks calling for Wallace to dropped, wes to be replaced by Gilks -and on and on - it's a squad game and they are all playing a part! 

So you saying Barrie shouldn't have been dropped?

Just now, Big Al II said:

Delighted for MOH, but lets face it this is the first time he has come into the team and deserved to stay in it.

Lets hope the result and performance is the start and raises the confidence.

Tbf the majority of the time he has started he has looked the part, it is when he comes on for 20-25 minutes at the end that people tend to question his ability!

Just now, VladimirWeiss69 said:

Tbf the majority of the time he has started he has looked the part, it is when he comes on for 20-25 minutes at the end that people tend to question his ability!

Really, most time he starts i think, thats why he doesnt start.

Anyway its irrelevant he was fantastic today and hopefully its the start for him.

MOH needs to work on his final ball, very rarely finds a man, not the only player in that department. I don't think McKay is an out and out winger and will struggle to get a game with the midfielders we have got. Kilmarnock were very poor today and I for one won't get carried away, having said that, our movement and effort were first class today and has to stay that way.

1 hour ago, Billythebear77 said:

So you saying Barrie shouldn't have been dropped?

I'm saying that if we took the general concensus on RM to run the team we would be playing 442 - miller would have been punted in the summer - Keirnan would have been playing for the reserves - Wallace would have Been dropped and we would be punting the ball from the back instead of playing it out. Also It's amazing how MOH was shite and not worth £500k early last week and now he is 'the greatest' and should have been playing every game since the cup semi final win. 

1 hour ago, danger ranger said:

MOH needs to work on his final ball, very rarely finds a man, not the only player in that department. I don't think McKay is an out and out winger and will struggle to get a game with the midfielders we have got. Kilmarnock were very poor today and I for one won't get carried away, having said that, our movement and effort were first class today and has to stay that way.

Why don't we give the team a bit of credit. Kimarnock came here today on the back of beating Hearts 2-0. Maybe it was our performance that made them very poor? Just saying like.

1 hour ago, blueretro said:

Why don't we give the team a bit of credit. Kimarnock came here today on the back of beating Hearts 2-0. Maybe it was our performance that made them very poor? Just saying like.

If you had continued highlighting the post until the end of it, you and all your likers would have found that I did praise the team, please read the full post and not get carried away on a wave of euphoria after one win.