Tennnant sixes

gazza27

6 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Loved the legends tournaments that the 9 in a row boys played in.

Mark Walters tormenting the beggars every year was a particular highlight.

The masters , used to be on sky every summer 

was different regions it was split into . Think it was London , Midlands , north east north west and Scotland or something like that . And then the winners of each region would meet in the national group final or something 

1 hour ago, cr3_bear said:

The masters , used to be on sky every summer 

was different regions it was split into . Think it was London , Midlands , north east north west and Scotland or something like that . And then the winners of each region would meet in the national group final or something 

I was at the last one they had here at braehead,we won it (obviously) and made the finals which I think were down on Manchester. Was a decent wee day out tarnished by having to sit a few rows away from the beggars team.

3 hours ago, gmcf said:

Did we not win a European version of the Masters ? 

Yes. We won the only European edition which had Ajax, Bayern and an English team, either Chelsea or Man Utd. I think it was a really weak Man Utd team if I remember right and Bayern had no stars at all, it was just a representative team of veteran players they recruited for similar tournaments throughout Europe. Ajax looked the better team thoughout the tournament until Rangers blitzed them in the final with a great display.

We had a great record in the Scottish and British Masters too. I remember Scott Nisbet getting a screamer once against Chelsea if I remember right and it was in the British final too. It was nearly as good as his goal against Bruges!

As for the Tennent's Sixes, I didn't pay much attention as I'm sure we only played in it twice and won both. We had a player injured the second time we played and it put us off going back.

2 hours ago, weeto said:

Yes. We won the only European edition which had Ajax, Bayern and an English team, either Chelsea or Man Utd. I think it was a really weak Man Utd team if I remember right and Bayern had no stars at all, it was just a representative team of veteran players they recruited for similar tournaments throughout Europe. Ajax looked the better team thoughout the tournament until Rangers blitzed them in the final with a great display.

We had a great record in the Scottish and British Masters too. I remember Scott Nisbet getting a screamer once against Chelsea if I remember right and it was in the British final too. It was nearly as good as his goal against Bruges!

As for the Tennent's Sixes, I didn't pay much attention as I'm sure we only played in it twice and won both. We had a player injured the second time we played and it put us off going back.

Thanks for the info (tu)  . You've got a lot better memory than me , I just vaguely remember watching it on the telly