Rangers v Celtic youths 13/11

jcb

5 minutes ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

2 wins and a draw for the good guys, I'll take it. Mind you quite surprising that the 13s didn't win by at least 50 goals considering they've got one of the best players in the world in their ranks.

I'm surprised he wasn't playing at Wembley...........

Unfortunately the fixtures this weekend clashed with my weekend trip to Wetherby races so I didn't make any of the games.

What I do know is that Rangers fielded pretty much their strongest U17 side, only injured Stephen Kelly was missing. The two players who have recently featured at 20's both started as did three U16's. The league rules allow an U18 goalkeeper and one U18 outfield player, Celtic usually use this option and I believe they did yesterday, Rangers rarely play any overage players in this league.

I believe the U15's came back from 3-0 down, against a team that included superstar Karamoko Dembele (who is an U14)

Great result for the U14's, they are a very small team physically and have struggled to win games this season, Celtic are a very big team at this age group and would have had a big physical advantage. So it was a win for brain over brawn.

13's have won every game I have watched comfortably this season and were only pegged back with the last kick of the game.

4 hours ago, Elfideldo said:

Unfortunately the fixtures this weekend clashed with my weekend trip to Wetherby races so I didn't make any of the games.

What I do know is that Rangers fielded pretty much their strongest U17 side, only injured Stephen Kelly was missing. The two players who have recently featured at 20's both started as did three U16's. The league rules allow an U18 goalkeeper and one U18 outfield player, Celtic usually use this option and I believe they did yesterday, Rangers rarely play any overage players in this league.

I believe the U15's came back from 3-0 down, against a team that included superstar Karamoko Dembele (who is an U14)

Great result for the U14's, they are a very small team physically and have struggled to win games this season, Celtic are a very big team at this age group and would have had a big physical advantage. So it was a win for brain over brawn.

13's have won every game I have watched comfortably this season and were only pegged back with the last kick of the game.

Cheers for the summary mate.

5 hours ago, Elfideldo said:

I would have thought the club shoukd be asking you  your movements before thay arrange games with the service you give to our great support. Scak the board.

Why is it that we scoosh games until we approach an age to challenge for first team squads?

Do THEY have a different strategy, Is it the way we have set our teams up traditionally or Is it the coaching?

Will our new football philosophy pay dividends in the end?