Halliday

livibear101

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, gsa said:

Maybe he gets criticised because he's playing the most important role in the team and he's nowhere near good enough. 

Are there any of them near good enough?We have a non leader at left back who is constantly caught out of position who can't tackle and plays 80% of his passes back the way,we have two forwards who have scored 6 goals between them in the league in over 1500 minutes of play combined,Halliday by the way for being "pish" has scored the same as both these two but once again let's start a thread about Halliday and ignore the other glaring facts about the team.Halliday was no worse and no better than anyone else out there yesterday.If people want to criticise by all means but be fair and criticise EVERYONE who is playing or not playing their part as it's pretty obvious to most that it's not just one guy who is not playing their part.

All this "he's one of us" is embarrassing. Greig and Jardine, two of the true legends that played for Rangers, were Hearts fans. They gave more than the likes of Halliday ever will for our club.

He's not good enough. He gets cut so much slack because of his background it is a joke. Last week against Dundee he was appalling, end of. 

Why even say "I hope he turns it round to become a legend"? Why single him out? Surely you want EVERY player to become a legend, or do they only count if they are "one of us"? Pathetic. Plenty who were Bears supporters have left with their tails between their legs, let's not forget. 

He's not good enough, leave it at that.

17 hours ago, nik2402 said:

I don't get it at all. The single most average player in our team.

Constantly out of position. Every single game he stays on the floor hitting the ground like he's broke his leg after being caught out. Fakes injury so the fans then clap when he gets up. Gets away with murder cause he was born on the copland road. Needs dropped

Aye very good, and who would you play instead? Not sure if you remember but one of our DMF's constantly has sand in his vagina and the other one fucked off back to Burnley. Halliday might not be the best but he's certainly not as bad as folk make out 

Said it for months now the guys just simply not good enough to be playing that position, instead of swaggering about like a hardman during the game he should actually try act like one in the middle of the park. Always the last one to swagger over to the Rangers fans at the end of the game to receive the credit. Get yourself to fuck. 

2 minutes ago, HalfwayLoyal said:

Said it for months now the guys just simply not good enough to be playing that position, instead of swaggering about like a hardman during the game he should actually try act like one in the middle of the park. Always the last one to swagger over to the Rangers fans at the end of the game to receive the credit. Get yourself to fuck. 

Would rather that than cunts who walk straight down the tunnel.

Oh, and it's usually Wallace as he walks round each stand.

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Would rather that than cunts who walk straight down the tunnel.

Oh, and it's usually Wallace as he walks round each stand.

Plays shite the whole game but it's fine kiss the badge and grab his shirt and all will be forgotten cause he's a 'Rangers man'. 

I don't think he is abysmal but there is no doubt he is struggling this season. That was what Barton was bought for.

We cant drop him though because we have nobody else.

just as an aside the team that finished yesterday had only one player different that our championship winning team and that was dodoo.

we essentially have a championship team trying to compete in the premiership so there is more than Halliday that's struggling.

5 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I don't think he is abysmal but there is no doubt he is struggling this season. That was what Barton was bought for.

just as an aside the team that finished yesterday had only one player different that our championship winning team and that was dodoo.

we essentially have a championship team trying to compete in the premiership so there is more than Halliday that's struggling.

Totally agree. 

I've made it clear I don't rate him but he shouldn't be singled out, either. He's not the only one that's out his depth and as you (and others say) if you drop him who do you bring in? Barton and Nico were meant to be the 2 cut above signings for the midfield that would put guys like Holt and Halliday to squad player status but we all know how that worked out.

5 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Fair summary.

He is struggling a little along with the rest of the team, he looks laboured the last month or so but as you say we have nobody really to replace him with.

Last season we had Ball, Zelalem, Sheils and Law who could all fill in.

12 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

The Championship team is currently sitting second in the league. We're going to be fucking amazing once we have a few Premiership players. :rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, Lidl said:

The Championship team is currently sitting second in the league. We're going to be fucking amazing once we have a few Premiership players. :rolleyes:

With the glass half full, it's actually  a great achievement for a team that was bought to win the championship.

With the glass half empty it shows how dire MWs signings have been for this season.

32 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

A championship team playing poorly but still 2nd.

Think he gets a raw deal on here. He's asked to cover a lot of ground as the only defensively minded player in midfield. Not only is he covering for the other two central midfielders but also the full backs as they like to get forward. I think his best position is in one of the other two midfield slots or next to someone like Rossiter or Crooks in a 4-2-3-1. Not his fault he has to play DM and we don't really have any other player available there at the moment. He has a good ability to drive forward with the ball and past players but he can't do it when he is limited to the holding position. 

1 minute ago, Gandhi1872 said:

Think he gets a raw deal on here. He's asked to cover a lot of ground as the only defensively minded player in midfield. Not only is he covering for the other two central midfielders but also the full backs as they like to get forward. I think his best position is in one of the other two midfield slots or next to someone like Rossiter or Crooks in a 4-2-3-1. Not his fault he has to play DM and we don't really have any other player available there at the moment. He has a good ability to drive forward with the ball and past players but he can't do it when he is limited to the holding position. 

No he doesn't? 

1 hour ago, HalfwayLoyal said:

Plays shite the whole game but it's fine kiss the badge and grab his shirt and all will be forgotten cause he's a 'Rangers man'. 

I think this is over egged a bit. Nobody is suggesting he is immune from criticism and if he is pish nobody is going to watch him kiss a badge and think all is forgiven.

ive seen this type of comment a few times in relation to Halliday and I don't think it holds much water.