Halliday

livibear101

Hopefully Rossiter can get back asap and make the position his own. Halliday reminds me of Jig in a few ways, both very versatile, both big Rangers men but neither are good enough to command a position on the park. Halliday isn't the level of player we should be looking to have but imo he'd be a good utility player off the bench and would also be a good presence in the dressing room.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

Hopefully Rossiter can get back asap and make the position his own. Halliday reminds me of Jig in a few ways, both very versatile, both big Rangers men but neither are good enough to command a position on the park. Halliday isn't the level of player we should be looking to have but imo he'd be a good utility player off the bench and would also be a good presence in the dressing room.

Halliday reminds me of Jig, in having taken his crown as 'man most likely to trip over the ball'! ?

Wasn't bad today, but the last couple of games, anything good he did was immediately negated by doing something daft!

4 hours ago, livibear101 said:

I know this is probably not going to be a popular opinion but here goes. At the game today and it's clear to see Halliday is not good enough to play in a central midfield role. He can't turn a player when he receives the ball, some of his passing is shocking and he gives up chasing the ball a lot more than most of our players. I think he needs to be dropped and spend some time on the bench 

But he's a Rangers fan......

Am not his biggest fan but he's spent most of his career as a left winger and brief spell as a left. Back am sure then had played a few games as dcm and that's what he's. Been doing for us. If we can get rossiter or crooks fit give them that role and if Halliday plays push him forward 

19 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

I think like a lot of our players he needs a massive kick up the backside but I can't see Warburton dispensing his boot up his arse anytime soon.

I'm not sure he'd be comfortable discussing 'arse geography'....

5 hours ago, markem said:

Hope you are right Tam - had a right good look at him today and at times he looked like a petulant kid in a huff.  What he lacks in ability can at times be forgiven for his attitude, work ethic and commitment to the cause - I seen none of that today.  Need to be clear I will be no part in AH becoming a whipping boy however he and many others need to be taking a real look at themselves right now.  Right across the park they only start playing with a sense of urgency once we go a goal behind, its not acceptable.

Not 1  problem with that, and your 100% right we need players across the team to be stepping up, if anything Halliday more than anyone as he knows what it means to support our great club. Perhaps that may wiegh too heavily on his shoulders as his form when he first signed was a lot better than it is now and I know for a fact just as you do it's not a lack of effort. 

He will get it back mate believe me. 

3 hours ago, dalton said:

What is it with Halliday - i just dont get it . you would want to be captain of the side and perform above average

There is no Excuse . Holding Roll . Pass back Master

Every week it isnt good enough , Joe from leicester saved his team

We need a Jorg Albertz type in our ranks again time the scouts did their job !

You can't help if you don't perform good enough - in actual fact, you may just not be good enough.

4 hours ago, macranger said:

He's turning into the new Barry Ferguson, every pass is either back or sideways. 

Comparing the two is very stupid.

3 hours ago, dalton said:

What is it with Halliday - i just dont get it . you would want to be captain of the side and perform above average

There is no Excuse . Holding Roll . Pass back Master

Every week it isnt good enough , Joe from leicester saved his team

We need a Jorg Albertz type in our ranks again time the scouts did their job !

You are correct in what we need mate, we can all see that.

But say the scouts identify the Jorg Albertz type player, are the board going to part with the 4 million quid it took to take the original Jorg here?

5 hours ago, geronimoo said:

I think most if not all our players are short of what is needed, Halliday is just 1 of many.

Correct.

Most wouldn't get anywhere near us in the past. Added to that, we have a system that they can't play which means we don't get the best out of what we have. 

6 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Wish folk would give it a rest with the Rossiter and Crooks pish , both of them are injury prone and Crooks is just rank fuckin rotten just like most of Warburtons signings.

100% agree with you here. People seem to have this romantic notion about these players we have hardely seen or know anything about.

He is abysmal and a glorified chair leader!

he gets away with so much because of what he is when in the last few years black law edu adam got slaughtered from the stands! 

It was no surprise during the fallout with Barton that Halliday was mentioned as no one could possibly have a go at MR RANGERS