Abu Dhabi GP

ready1873

43 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Agreed, it's not about the racing anymore it's about the best car

Gone are the days when Senna would aquaplane round a soaking corner in the pishing rain

It has always been about the best car. The current rules make it very hard to develop and catch up. Mercedes had a huge advantage in '14 and maintained thd gap.

I love motorsport. Other than Rangers it is easily the sport I've invested most time in spectating..... by a margin.

I sat aged 8 in the Williams of Patrese at a stall in Euston station in 1991. Since then I have rarely missed a race. I love cars. I love motorsport. I was hooked from that day. Other than Rangers it is the only other sport/thing in my heart. If I had they money I'd compete.

I hate where F1 is.... it is not about the best car but about money. The same thing that is utterly ruining football has ruined F1. Abu Dhabi sums it up, a track with no soul... no passion... bland, shit, etc.... hosts the finale simply because of $$$$

1 minute ago, Badger said:

It has always been about the best car.

I love F1. Other than Rangers it is easily the sport I've invested most time in spectating.

I sat aged 8 in the Williams of Patrese at a stall in Euston station in 1991. Since then I have rarely missed a race. I love cars. I love motorsport. Other than Rangers it is the only other sport/thing in my heart.

I hate where F1 is.... it is not about the best car but about money. The same thing that is utterly ruining football has ruined F1. Abu Dhabi sums it up, a track with no soul... no passion... bland, shit, etc.... hosts the finale simply because of $$$$

Aye but I think the cars used to be more similar in terms of performance and there seems to be a huge gap at the moment, Mercedes blowing everyone away. It really is predictable now. Agree with you about the money part, and the message to Hamilton today to speed up to get a 1-2 finish when they know he wants the championship screams of stupidity to me. As if he is going to do that, I can imagine Senna, Prost, Schumacher all telling them to go take a flying fuck to themselves

1 hour ago, A.T.G said:

Aye but I think the cars used to be more similar in terms of performance and there seems to be a huge gap at the moment, Mercedes blowing everyone away. It really is predictable now. Agree with you about the money part, and the message to Hamilton today to speed up to get a 1-2 finish when they know he wants the championship screams of stupidity to me. As if he is going to do that, I can imagine Senna, Prost, Schumacher all telling them to go take a flying fuck to themselves

All I would say to that is Mercedes are consistent.

Monaco this year, Rosberg struggled and was holding Hamilton up..... he got the yield or go faster order.

But..... hamilton had to do that.

Next year is interesting.

28 minutes ago, Badger said:

All I would say to that is Mercedes are consistent.

Monaco this year, Rosberg struggled and was holding Hamilton up..... he got the yield or go faster order.

But..... hamilton had to do that.

Next year is interesting.

Off topic mate but when are some golden oldie threads getting archived? There isn't a lot in there and I fear a lot of good stuff is getting lost as the years roll by :(