Crooks starting tonight?

RFCJoshy1690

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hearts are a big physical team so what Is Warburton's answer to counteract that - throw in our 6'4 midfielder even though he's apparently still miles off the pace, even at U20's level.

He didn't play well but starting him reeks of desperation, panic and outright bad management.

2 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

Dare I say that I was impressed by him? Well I was, I think we have a player there. He has a good head for the midfield, positional awareness, and an instinct to pick a pass. He will develop, if given the chance. Remember, this was his first start, and one of his first appearances.

You may be right, the same happened with Forrester. But unfortunately we're not in a position to ease him in or get him fit. He needs to hit the ground running.

Personally, I thought he was poor, anonymous even, last night.

Can't remember any positive contributions tbh.

12 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

You may be right, the same happened with Forrester. But unfortunately we're not in a position to ease him in or get him fit. He needs to hit the ground running.

Personally, I thought he was poor, anonymous even, last night.

Can't remember any positive contributions tbh.

Taking for granted that he hasn't started before, and the matches he has played, I think for a player of his height he is very skilled on the ball, and he did have an awareness. None of that is saying he is playing well, but I think there's a player there, and that was my main point. 

6 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Taking for granted that he hasn't started before, and the matches he has played, I think for a player of his height he is very skilled on the ball, and he did have an awareness. None of that is saying he is playing well, but I think there's a player there, and that was my main point. 

You said

"Dare I say that I was impressed by him? Well I was, I think we have a player there".

You were impressed, I wasn't, nor was anyone else that I've read. That was my point.

Time will tell if he will come good. I actually wouldn't be surprised if he did, but suspect fitness and perhaps a pre season would be needed first 

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

You said

"Dare I say that I was impressed by him? Well I was, I think we have a player there".

You were impressed, I wasn't, nor was anyone else that I've read. That was my point.

Time will tell if he will come good. I actually wouldn't be surprised if he did, but suspect fitness and perhaps a pre season would be needed first 

i was at the game and he was dreadful slower than me he passed the ball well but just to the full backs and across the park never once did he make a forward pass of note. when he signed i thought he would do well  he was voted in the team of the year by his fellow pros  but it has not happened for.him here so far

9 minutes ago, billscott said:

i was at the game and he was dreadful slower than me he passed the ball well but just to the full backs and across the park never once did he make a forward pass of note. when he signed i thought he would do well  he was voted in the team of the year by his fellow pros  but it has not happened for.him here so far

Fair assessment.

17 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

You said

Correct, but I should have elaborated on which way I was impressed. I saw touches from him that told me that he is a good player; a lot more than his sub appearance a few weeks ago. He looked composed on the ball ect; and if it is possible to distinguish that from his overall contribution to the game then that is what I was trying to do.

Crooks should have been played in the defensive/holding role and Halliday pushed further up the field.  At StanleyCrooks either played in that role or as a centre back - an odd decision to say the least.  

No shape, no passion, no fluidity, No commitment (the team not Crooks) it is all very depressing BUT most of all no improvement since last season's cup final.   

11 hours ago, MasterD said:

Missed the game but assuming he was mince?

The game he came on v QoS he looked like his injury was memory loss and he'd forgotten he was a footballer.

Every report from youth games is that he's been dreadful.

Why MW then throws him into a game like this is beyond me.

Edited your post from the sheep to QoS what a prick you are.Suspected that about you from the beginning 20,000 posts of pish