Club 1872 Hogmanay Statement

eskbankloyal

9 minutes ago, Dlydon81 said:

I think that happened once and it was at ibrox 1-1 draw.  I don't recall them banning us from their ground though.

You could be right mate, I never go near that place, as it gives me the boak. It's a shithole of a ground, and there's too many of those bastards there for me to feel safe enough to attend.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Dlydon81 said:

I immediately thought the same thing.  I also thought guys got arrested for the effigies after footage was reviewed.

For me, this is nothing more than C1872 brown nosing the wider rangers fanbase at the exact same time they are trying to get all RSCs to align with them (and pay for the privilege of it)............or perhaps it's just a coincidence................

Throughout this thread fans have expressed concern regarding what they feel is something akin to Rangers fans being subjected to a different standard of Policing when it comes to these games.

Perhaps it has slipped your mind, despite it being included in the Club 1872 statement, but the initial Police response after the game regarding the effigies was that they had not received a complaint in respect of them. Do you think that is consistent with "zero tolerance" and "robust Policing" ? Do you think Police Scotland wait for complaints before they arrest Rangers fans under OBFA ?

On the subject of a "coincidence" I will have to take your post count into consideration & presume you did not read the many threads & posts on here concerning RSC's (and ST's for that matter) & the views expressed on here when the proposals were first muted. I also have to presume you are not a Club 1872 member otherwise you would have seen that the issue of RSC's was dicussed frequently at hustings & that since the new board was elected has been part of ongoing discussions with the RSC's themselves. You also fail to consider that perhaps some of the Club 1872 board members might be member's or even office bearers in their local RSCs.

If you dont agree or are not in favour of Club 1872 - thats fine - but at least dont try and infer that a statement reflecting the concerns of its members, and the wider Rangers fanbase is purely some kind of exercise to align with RSC's

4 hours ago, D'Artagnan said:

Throughout this thread fans have expressed concern regarding what they feel is something akin to Rangers fans being subjected to a different standard of Policing when it comes to these games.

Perhaps it has slipped your mind, despite it being included in the Club 1872 statement, but the initial Police response after the game regarding the effigies was that they had not received a complaint in respect of them. Do you think that is consistent with "zero tolerance" and "robust Policing" ? Do you think Police Scotland wait for complaints before they arrest Rangers fans under OBFA ?

On the subject of a "coincidence" I will have to take your post count into consideration & presume you did not read the many threads & posts on here concerning RSC's (and ST's for that matter) & the views expressed on here when the proposals were first muted. I also have to presume you are not a Club 1872 member otherwise you would have seen that the issue of RSC's was dicussed frequently at hustings & that since the new board was elected has been part of ongoing discussions with the RSC's themselves. You also fail to consider that perhaps some of the Club 1872 board members might be member's or even office bearers in their local RSCs.

If you dont agree or are not in favour of Club 1872 - thats fine - but at least dont try and infer that a statement reflecting the concerns of its members, and the wider Rangers fanbase is purely some kind of exercise to align with RSC's

I'm not the only person on here and the wider fanbase to have these thoughts about C1872.

i stand by my comments and my inference. I am one of the many that see the board of C1872 compromised by their desire to please the Rangers board.  

7 minutes ago, Dlydon81 said:

I'm not the only person on here and the wider fanbase to have these thoughts about C1872.

i stand by my comments and my inference. I am one of the many that see the board of C1872 compromised by their desire to please the Rangers board.  

So Dlydon you stand by your comments and inference even although they are clearly inconsistent with facts ?

12 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

You could be right mate, I never go near that place, as it gives me the boak. It's a shithole of a ground, and there's too many of those bastards there for me to feel safe enough to attend.

we banned them at ibrox think they beat us 2.0 that cunt collins scored i was there that day then fucked off onto the subway loyal :depressed:

On ‎29‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 4:09 PM, cushynumber said:

"Furthermore the importance of respecting the  minute silence associated with this fixture was emphatically emphasised to Police Scotland."

Can the Police actually do anything if the minutes silence is not respected?

Not a thing.....sadly.

Statements are fair enough but 99% of the time they don't amount to a hill of beans, it's just a wish list of how you'd like things to be, the reality of this especially in this little parochial corner of the world is totally different as we know to our cost. Police Scotland are under orders from the cult and will act appropriately, albeit some of them with more gusto than others. They have an agenda of one scotland, many cultures except ours ! 

image.gif

2 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Statements are fair enough but 99% of the time they don't amount to a hill of beans, it's just a wish list of how you'd like things to be, the reality of this especially in this little parochial corner of the world is totally different as we know to our cost. Police Scotland are under orders from the cult and will act appropriately, albeit some of them with more gusto than others. They have an agenda of one scotland, many cultures except ours ! 

image.gif

Mind when the guys were made to take down a banner which said that BD ?

13 hours ago, D'Artagnan said:

So Dlydon you stand by your comments and inference even although they are clearly inconsistent with facts ?

......... a pandering statement (based on known frustrations) with no real substance at the same time as the RSCs alignment is finally pushed forward.........yeh I stand by my comments/inference that this is just a statement to brown nose the fans.

On 29/12/2016 at 3:24 PM, B1872 said:

Police Scotland will only be targeting one set of fans on Saturday and it won't be the cunts with hygiene issues.

I've got the video of the first league game .I will be behind enemy lines for this one for a while to get footage of the SS scum rolling out the red carpets 

18 hours ago, offshoreworker said:

we banned them at ibrox think they beat us 2.0 that cunt collins scored i was there that day then fucked off onto the subway loyal :depressed:

I was at a 1-1 match where they were banned and they scored first but we definitely got a point.  If there was a 2-0 defeat game as well then we must have banned them twice but I thought it was just the once.

On 29/12/2016 at 4:01 PM, eskbankloyal said:

Yet no arrests when the Bheasts jumped the safety barrier after they scored. Maybe what, 20 - 30 of them.

Maybe Police Scotland will be putting out poster appeals in aid of identifying them (much like they were still doing 5 months after the SC final) :sarcasm:

4 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

Yet no arrests when the Bheasts jumped the safety barrier after they scored. Maybe what, 20 - 30 of them.

Maybe Police Scotland will be putting out poster appeals in aid of identifying them (much like they were still doing 5 months after the SC final) :sarcasm:

C'mon to fuck, jumping the safety barriers to celebrate a goal shouldn't result in an arrest fuck sake.

14 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

C'mon to fuck, jumping the safety barriers to celebrate a goal shouldn't result in an arrest fuck sake.

Had we done that at porkheid, we would have been huckled en-masse and in until the first court of the new year which was Tuesday. The papers would be going down the whole could have caused a riot / pictures of the perpetrators / comments from Police Scotland etc etc 

Therein lies the difference.

On 29/12/2016 at 10:50 PM, Senex said:

So long as we're charging the bheasts 50 quid a turn, there's no way we'll be rejecting that cash while we're in our currently parlous financial state. No chance. That's point one. Point two is that by dint of the access routes and the construction of the stadium, Ibrox is probably one of the most easily policed grounds in the country; on Old Firm days the fans are so successfully segregated that you don't see Timmy until you're inside the ground and they're isolated in their own stand. The idea that the polis are going to get inventive or start playing around with this arrangement is similarly a non-starter.

Bottom line is the status quo suits the cops, suits the Tims and suits us all from a security and (more importantly) a business point of view. They won't change it.

But we could sell them out ourselves.

35 minutes ago, Smile said:

But we could sell them out ourselves.

No doubt but the question is are you any better off once you take into consideration the extra stewarding needed once that mob are moved elsewhere (because you're bound by the league rules to take a minimum of them), the fact the police will kick up fuck, the fact that some RSCs will kick up fuck when their Parkhead allocation is decimated etc.? What we have right now is the path of least resistance; it works for all parties involved. It's optimal from a security and financial POV.