Kenny & Hill to get contract extensions

RFCRobertson

So much for youth getting a route into the first team if thsee extension rumours are true.We need younger better players who can take the club forward not keeping guys who are past their best whatever that was.Shocking decision if true in my opinion.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Bears r us said:

I can just about understand the Miller & Hill extensions, but the MOH situation (if true) is very strange. :facepalm:

It's really strange. Paying circa £500k for a player to play a handful of times when it seems money is extremely tight. Bizzare! 

14 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

So much for youth getting a route into the first team if thsee extension rumours are true.We need younger better players who can take the club forward not keeping guys who are past their best whatever that was.Shocking decision if true in my opinion.

The youth at U20 level (the step before the first team) are clearly not good enough. That much is obvious, hence why only Burt has had a shot in the first team.

It'll take another few years before we start seeing the rewards of Muholland/Warburtons work, right now we're seeing the products of Jim Sinclair.

17 minutes ago, PRW. said:

The youth at U20 level (the step before the first team) are clearly not good enough. That much is obvious, hence why only Burt has had a shot in the first team.

It'll take another few years before we start seeing the rewards of Muholland/Warburtons work, right now we're seeing the products of Jim Sinclair

I understand that our youth development will take time as this sector has been neglected for years.In saying that we have younger men who are on the bench or who have been on the fringes of the 1st team. Guys like Dodoo,Hardie who if good enough should be who we are building a future team round not guys at 37 plus.If Dodoo and Hardie are not good enough then why was Dodoo brought to the club and both should be moved on and the salary saved on those 2 and Miller's put towards paying someone who is going to give us a goal every other game.Something that none of our current front line is doing including Miller.

As it stands how much do we honestly think we can get for moh?

Going on loan isn't a bad thing, if he plays well then there might be some suitors in the summer.

Personally I think his pace could be useful but technically he's not good enough for the long term. Will Warburton play him...doesn't look like it so for me look to offload, I would also do the same with forrester. 

1 hour ago, sammy cox said:

I understand that our youth development will take time as this sector has been neglected for years.In saying that we have younger men who are on the bench or who have been on the fringes of the 1st team. Guys like Dodoo,Hardie who if good enough should be who we are building a future team round not guys at 37 plus.If Dodoo and Hardie are not good enough then why was Dodoo brought to the club and both should be moved on and the salary saved on those 2 and Miller's put towards paying someone who is going to give us a goal every other game.Something that none of our current front line is doing including Miller.

You can't build a team round young players unless you have a manager of the quality of Busby. They are, in general, not mature enough to handle the pressure. If you were talking about 11 over 30's you would have a valid point but not with 2, especially as one is at the front and one at the back.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Deserved as been two of our best players this season..

A damning indictment though of our failed transfer policy though..

If at the start of this season you said Hill and Miller would be our best players and would be playing in the 2017/18 season no cunt would have believed you.

Scary how poor the season has panned out. Fair play to those two players though, they deserve the deals but if we are to challenge they really shouldn't be in our first 11 next season.

9 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

You can't build a team round young players unless you have a manager of the quality of Busby. They are, in general, not mature enough to handle the pressure. If you were talking about 11 over 30's you would have a valid point but not with 2, especially as one is at the front and one at the back.

My point is we need young men in to replace guys at 37 plus.They have done their jobs it is time for the manager and club to look forward and replace these guys sooner rather than later.They are not the only ones who should be moved on but if as a club we have any ambition at all to do better next season and there after we have to start now and bring players who will give us a better long term future than guys who are of the ages of Hill and Miller.Why pay two guys more wages when it surely could be used to bring in younger better players who will give us a better return in the longer term.

I would say both should be signed with a view to coaching more than playing.

If we invest properly between now and summer, I expect that both will see limited playing time - but I value both players experience and acting as role models.

If both Miller and Hill are still starters next season, Dave King has a lot to answer.

3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

If at the start of this season you said Hill and Miller would be our best players and would be playing in the 2017/18 season no cunt would have believed you.

Scary how poor the season has panned out. Fair play to those two players though, they deserve the deals but if we are to challenge they really shouldn't be in our first 11 next season.

Yip.

We are going to go into next season again needing at least 6 signings to make us competitive with them.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Yip.

We are going to go into next season again needing at least 6 signings to make us competitive with them.

Two of those six that you mention should be forwards who can score us goals.All season we have struggled as just not good enough.

4 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

My point is we need young men in to replace guys at 37 plus.They have done their jobs it is time for the manager and club to look forward and replace these guys sooner rather than later.They are not the only ones who should be moved on but if as a club we have any ambition at all to do better next season and there after we have to start now and bring players who will give us a better long term future than guys who are of the ages of Hill and Miller.Why pay two guys more wages when it surely could be used to bring in younger better players who will give us a better return in the longer term.

As I have said before, relace the non-performers first. We do not have the wherewithal to replace all the team. If you add Fod and Barrie (who seems to be returning to form) to Miller and Hill, you have a balance. If you are looking to replace Miller with a more prolific scorer, maybe we could get Dele Alli from Spurs.

The 2 older boys are very handy to have around

MOH and Crooks have shown nothing, if it means shifting 2 or 3 average players  to bring in 1 good player I’m all for it

If we bring in another average player it’s pointless, wait and see time 

Deserved. Anyone who says otherwise hasn't watched us much this season. The 2 of them and Fod have been our 3 best players this season. Obviously next season we're hoping they will become more squad players.

MOH - Get rid, don't rate him at all. He isn't a good enough footballer to fit into the way we want to play.

Crooks - Get rid, less said the better.

Just now, Corky True Legend said:

As I have said before, relace the non-performers first. We do not have the wherewithal to replace all the team. If you add Fod and Barrie (who seems to be returning to form) to Miller and Hill, you have a balance. If you are looking to replace Miller with a more prolific scorer, maybe we could get Dele Alli from Spurs.

Maybe not Dele Alli maybe just another younger version of Boyd or Ally someone who will give us goals which our front line aren't doing which includes Kenny.

I recall many complaining last year when we gave Miller an extension and he has proved to be one of our better players this season along with Hill. People really need to get the "age" issue out of their head they are our most experienced pros at the club and consistent performers as of late our "younger" players will really need to step up a level of quality, work rate and consistency  in order to take their place in the team simple as that. Also they are been possibly offered a 1 year extension so we are hardly building a team around these "old" players nor are they guaranteed starters next year either. on the issue of our youth players , if they are not getting in the team ATM then that is down to warburton not giving them a chance or simply they are just not good enough to play.

Just now, Corky True Legend said:

Who would you suggest then?

I tell you what if you pay me x amount of hundreds of thousands I will find you one.Doesnt have to cost millions as was proved with Boyd and Novo to score goals in this pish league. The manager has repeatedly said that we are not taking our chances,Kenny himself has said we are not taking our chances so something isn't working up front,surely you must agree.

12 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

Maybe not Dele Alli maybe just another younger version of Boyd or Ally someone who will give us goals which our front line aren't doing which includes Kenny.

We don't create enough chances for a player like that in our side.