Kirby king

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I think this may be a fake. This strip was 83/85 I think. CR Smith didn't start sponsoring us until 86. I might be wrong- was theynot the first to sponsor both us and the scum at the same time??

And then so sharp!  :hmmm:

25 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I think this may be a fake. This strip was 83/85 I think. CR Smith didn't start sponsoring us until 86. I might be wrong- was theynot the first to sponsor both us and the scum at the same time??

This site is usually reliable for shirt-dating...

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Rangers/Rangers.htm

It seems to back you up, though maybe as early as 84, but not on that shirt design.

And then looking more closely at the logo, yes it does look photoshopped, or badly put on or something?

Why would anyone go to the bother though?  

8 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I can't remember the spondof lijrnthst.  It was jut in white letters. .. yes about 86 we got sponsored by them .used to have a place due whiteinch snd Davie Cooper and. Danny mcgrain  were on hand to give out balloons etc.  

First cr Smith was one with like a v nick white and blue collar 

Definitely an original, but the sponsor patch has been added at a later date. As said above CrSmith didn't sponsor us until the 85/86 season when we had changed to the all blue shirt with cross over neck ( the one the current shirt is nodding back to). CrSmith were also our first ever shirt sponsors.

Just now, govanblue said:

This site is usually reliable for shirt-dating...

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Rangers/Rangers.htm

It seems to back you up, though maybe as early as 84, but not on that shirt design.

And then looking closely at the logo, yes it does look photoshopped?

Why would anyone go to the bother though?  

Great site for shirt references

Just now, govanblue said:

I pieced this animated gif together from there once.  took me ages.  Never got round to doing the Away one. :lol:

rangers_strip_history_zpsd4828dab.gif

Cool, I use historical kits for checking out lots of old shirts, mainly English shirts from the 1970s and 80s which I collect. A truly brilliant website.

21 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Got it off Twitter a certain football shirt group sold it to a bear... he goes n shows it off on social media.... haunt the heart to,tell him it's,fake

10 minutes ago, Kirby king said:

Got it off Twitter a certain football shirt group sold it to a bear... he goes n shows it off on social media.... haunt the heart to,tell him it's,fake

That's a sad story.

We can turn this around though.  We'll be having an auction of some vintage squad-signed shirts and other items on here soon.  Tell him he'll be able to get himself a genuine piece of kit at a genuinely decent price if he gets in touch with me.

If you don't believe me, look at what our last lot went for...

Quality Kit - Ridiculous prices!