If Warburton went who would replace him?

Studaws

Dynamism & adaptability is what's required IMHO

So many Bears keep mentioning our finances & compare them to manky mob across the city, but we still have more finances & resources than every other club in Scotland & our team on most days don't look like we have better quality, are superior & of a better class than all the rest. This is surely down to our manager's signings & coaching ability. So money is not the issue here, its tactics & coaching ability. Talking nonsense in press conferences is a side issue. If we had a good tactician who could improved players, he could talk like one of the characters from only an excuse & we wouldn't give a toss, product on the park is everything. Today it was only the support that drove us onto victory however, we the fans can only do so much, the manager & 'his players' must do so much more.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Another outright appointment like that would be too much of a gamble for us.

We need to get the next appointment 101% right - even if it's a short-term appointment to steady the ship. We need to progress somehow.

Wee McCann for all he talks sense and I like him would be more suited as a coach/number 2. 

We need to get a Manager in I said it at the end of last season when we had a miserable run of results and the Cup defeat, nothings changed for me as we are still making the same mistakes and playing the players that are making them every week.

It's up to this board now to get a Manager in and he needs to have experience of the Scottish game plus be able to work on a relatively small budget, They have shown with the two loan signings they are not willing to back Warburton.

12 minutes ago, Bluebear11 said:

De Boer or Gio because they have a foreign name and played well for us?

If MW doesn't change tactics then we need someone who is British and understands the club. Billy Davies was in the studio today with Neil and I would definitely take those two on. I would be nervous about taking Walter back as he needs his retirement but Souness or Big Eck could do a job. I saw them both at speakers nights last year and they love our club and wouldn't take drawing or losing games as learning from it. They would boot a few baws around the dressing room. 

De Boer and Gio because they are both two good proven managers that know the club.

I reckon a change of manager and formation would see us a much better side by shoring up the defence and being more direct in front of goal. I also standby that Garner could be a really good player for us with the team set up the right way.

Regardless, it's all fantasy, the board won't pay up to get rid of Warburton and make another appointment.

Just now, theclothmonster said:

Ok lets put it another way, If there was a stat table showing the efficiency of budgets in relation to money spent for each point gained I would be more than willing to bet my mortgage that we would be bottom of that table.

Based on the fact we're currently second in the league after spending money in the summer? Feel free to give me your mortgage right now 

Know what, even shite teams get a crazy high amount of applicants when they are looking for a manager, we are still a top attraction in the world of football and if our post was available I think we would get plenty of interested quality managers up for it, I cant understand all the fans who just want to talk us down all the time.

6 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Has there been any reasonable, well thought suggestions in here?

I'm scared to read the full thread for fear of reading names like McCall, McInnes, Calderwood etc 

Bit hard on McCall as he managed to finish second to the filth on a small budget. We seem to be celebrating second now after all.

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

Based on the fact we're currently second in the league after spending money in the summer? Feel free to give me your mortgage right now 

Even if you only take the £1.6M spent on Garner alone that would be £41,000 for every point gained. How many teams in this league would have been less efficient in relation to cost per point than us?

2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Our squad is estimated to be worth £10m, based on transfer fees & real current (not media speculation) player value. The sheep are valued at around £6m Jambos around £5m then value drops dramatically for the rest

2 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

No other manager is going to change this with the ridiculous budget compared to Celtic 

We're second in the league and into the next stage of the Scottish cup. We got of the semis of the League Cup and narrowly lost to Celtic 

If you can identify a manager who is willing to come in, work under the same shite and do a better job then you're a genius. 

We are not just second we are 19 points going on 21 behind in the league and that's due to the fact we can't beat awful teams with wage bills millions per year lower than ours. Even in the days of our 9 in a row where the tables were turned they were never as far behind us as we are behind them at the minute even with total clowns like Dr Jo and John Barnes across the city.

3 of the 5 top scorers in the SPFL right now are free transfers from Wrexham, Cliftonville and Hearts youth academy which just goes to prove you don't need to spend huge money to get half decent players in that will do well in the SPFL.

Meantime we pay over £2m for two strikers last summer that are not even in the top 25 scorers in the league.

14 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Has there been any reasonable, well thought suggestions in here?

I'm scared to read the full thread for fear of reading names like McCall, McInnes, Calderwood etc 

Totally agree......Same old - know scottish football dross, they are fucking terrible managers..

7 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

Even if you only take the £1.6M spent on Garner alone that would be £41,000 for every point gained. How many teams in this league would have been less efficient in relation to cost per point than us?

Its an interesting point, I suppose. I'll admit I'm not really following it as it's a bit of a bizarre way to look at things. 

But just to save any more confusion. The "zero budget" comment was more in comparison to a team that could probably buy every other player in every squad in this league twice over and we're supposed to be competing with said team. 

8 minutes ago, zanderbear said:

Our squad is estimated to be worth £10m, based on transfer fees & real current (not media speculation) player value. The sheep are valued at around £6m Jambos around £5m then value drops dramatically for the rest

Where is it you got that estimation from?