If Warburton went who would replace him?

Studaws

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all honestly I don't think MW is doing that bad, we are 2nd in the league, got to the semis of a cup and still in the Scottish cup. His signings have went tits up with Senderos and Barton. 

Give him more time and if he doesn't manage to get 2nd, then look to replace.

9 minutes ago, He's blue he's white said:

I wouldn't be too surprised if he walked away in the summer time, end of the season.

He doesn't do walking away. He will see out his contract if he isn't pushed. Its what he did at Brentford. He has always said he won't break a contract. The Board really do need to ante up this summer its the only way we will progress further, in the short term.

10 hours ago, zanderbear said:

Walter's Rangers team played in the SPL & Europe

Warburton had a season in 2nd division, so a comparison cannot really made 

Then look at MW's Brentford record as an indicator.  He is the only manager in Brentford's history with a win ratio greater than 50%.  The historic norm for 'good' managers is low 30s, with an occasional spike to 43% (Uwe Rosler, Nicky Forster).  Lee Carsley got exactly 50% but managed just 10 games, no one else has come close.

Rangers is a different challenge, but MW has also faced a unique challenge as a Rangers manager - having to return to the top flight from a lower division.  2nd is 'pass marks' for a first season regardless of budget.

8 minutes ago, Blue_Devil said:

Then look at MW's Brentford record as an indicator.  He is the only manager in Brentford's history with a win ratio greater than 50%.  The historic norm for 'good' managers is low 30s, with an occasional spike to 43% (Uwe Rosler, Nicky Forster).  Lee Carsley got exactly 50% but managed just 10 games, no one else has come close.

Rangers is a different challenge, but MW has also faced a unique challenge as a Rangers manager - having to return to the top flight from a lower division.  2nd is 'pass marks' for a first season regardless of budget.

Good post, as much as I wanna agree with last line 2nd place is never pass marks for us mate,.

3 minutes ago, DerKlos said:

I'm glad none of you are in charge.

Neil Mccann :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

If we had been in charge of your usernames i would not like you pick a guy who sat on his arse taking 25 grand a week for a good year for fuck all either.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

If we had been in charge of your usernames i would not like you pick a guy who sat on his arse taking 25 grand a week for a good year for fuck all either.

we'll just forget about the other 6/7 years where he was probably top 2/3 best keepers we've ever had. 

2 minutes ago, DerKlos said:

we'll just forget about the other 6/7 years where he was probably top 2/3 best keepers we've ever had. 

Excesses like this help put us where we ended up. Did like Klos but we cant ignore players who do this.

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/rangers-in-crisis-contract-shows-stefan-858413

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Excesses like this help put us where we ended up. Did like Klos but we cant ignore players who do this.

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/rangers-in-crisis-contract-shows-stefan-858413

I'd be inclined to blame the money men who went out and offered a champions league winning goalkeeper an exorbitant amount of money to get him over here.

You can't blame a German with no prior connection to Rangers for taking what he could get.  Would I do it again? No. Was it Klos' fault? Not in my mind. 

Just now, DerKlos said:

I'd be inclined to blame the money men who went out and offered a champions league winning goalkeeper an exorbitant amount of money to get him over here.

You can't blame a German with no prior connection to Rangers for taking what he could get.  Would I do it again? No. Was it Klos' fault? Not in my mind. 

We will agree to disagree. As i said i did like Klos just not the way he handled the last part of his career at us.

2 hours ago, RFC Eagle said:

He doesn't do walking away. He will see out his contract if he isn't pushed. Its what he did at Brentford. He has always said he won't break a contract. The Board really do need to ante up this summer its the only way we will progress further, in the short term.

We shall see.

3 hours ago, RFC Eagle said:

Agree 100%  ok.. his signings last summer did not work out -- but he always says "We'll learn from this..."  So the only way to really find out is take a (calculated) risk on him... give him some decent money.  Is there a better option?  We need to spend something.. surely... :tu:

Canny believe the things am reading.

Mcinnes? Calderwood? Cathro?

Neil mccann? 

Im  losing faith with warburton but fuck me.aye its no good the noo but hes here till end next season .just need to get on with it and hope things get better 

I dont see any progression this year but what can we do with position we are.no money to get high calibre of manager so id rather give whatever money we have to strengthen team.

Can then get rid of warburton after next season if still miles off it

53 minutes ago, RFC16 said:

Canny believe the things am reading.

Mcinnes? Calderwood? Cathro?

Neil mccann? 

Im  losing faith with warburton but fuck me.aye its no good the noo but hes here till end next season .just need to get on with it and hope things get better 

I dont see any progression this year but what can we do with position we are.no money to get high calibre of manager so id rather give whatever money we have to strengthen team.

Can then get rid of warburton after next season if still miles off it

Pretty much spot on mate :tu: 

5 hours ago, HeHaw said:

In all honestly I don't think MW is doing that bad, we are 2nd in the league, got to the semis of a cup and still in the Scottish cup. His signings have went tits up with Senderos and Barton. 

Give him more time and if he doesn't manage to get 2nd, then look to replace.

images.duckduckgo.com.jpg

3 hours ago, Smile said:

Righty oh.Now we've to believe what the Record printed.?

C'MON mate.:confused:

If he decides at the end of the season that he has not met the (pretty low) objectives set by the Board, and cannot convince himself or the Board that there were sufficiently good mitigations for the failure, and if he concludes that with only a small transfer pot he could not bring about a vast improvement next season and decides to leave then Miller to replace him.   

King could not afford to sack Warburton.  IMO iIt simply could not be afforded.   It would have to be Warburton deciding to go - perhaps for more money and to a club that had a lot more money to invest in players. 

If he went then Miller to step up to manage at least for a couple of seasons.  Why?  Because he may know the way to get the substance of that squad to apply itself much better and more directly to target 55.    55 is not something we hear Warburton speak of much (in fact its rare).   Its as though its too far away in his mind.   But I suspect it may be a lot closer to the front of Miller's mind.  And he may be able to be a lot more direct in his dealings with the players and in his ambition than Warburton's sort of academic, building football for the future type of slow patient progress thinking.

36 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

If he decides at the end of the season that he has not met the (pretty low) objectives set by the Board, and cannot convince himself or the Board that there were sufficiently good mitigations for the failure, and if he concludes that with only a small transfer pot he could not bring about a vast improvement next season and decides to leave then Miller to replace him.   

King could not afford to sack Warburton.  IMO iIt simply could not be afforded.   It would have to be Warburton deciding to go - perhaps for more money and to a club that had a lot more money to invest in players. 

If he went then Miller to step up to manage at least for a couple of seasons.  Why?  Because he may know the way to get the substance of that squad to apply itself much better and more directly to target 55.    55 is not something we hear Warburton speak of much (in fact its rare).   Its as though its too far away in his mind.   But I suspect it may be a lot closer to the front of Miller's mind.  And he may be able to be a lot more direct in his dealings with the players and in his ambition than Warburton's sort of academic, building football for the future type of slow patient progress thinking.

While im not 100 percent sure if miller stepping up is the way forward, i do think he is one of only few people within all structure of club that knows what it takes to win.has that mentality in him.

The board and warburton clearly think they have time on there side.we are only 6 months into season but most fans arent happy with way its going.

So i agree with last point that someone of millers ilk, that wouldnt be expensive, could be the answer as surely that mentality would sweep through the squad.

Just dont feel warburton can/could do this at a club where we must win