Potential managers

RangersMedia

Absolutely no chance for getting Frank de Boer, unless DK finds a pile of cash or sells some of his vintage wine collection 

a realistic target at the moment would be McIness. Has done pretty well at Aberdeen over the last few years, he may not have the same "philosophy" as certain others, but I think he would boot a few baws and get folk playing for our badge again. 

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know something, with King in charge, the only person I would trust now to be able to stop the scum getting 10 in a row is Walter. I know it's bad saying it. I've even been on the other side taking the piss out of folk for wanting him back as soon as something goes wrong. But I guess that boat has sailed.

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

Supposing Warburton goes by next season, and that is highly possible, we will need someone with a winning pedigree. And they will need the means to build a proper side. 

That will be a problem whoever is our manager. Warburton included if he survives.

We aren't catching Celtic with loans, frees and 250k signings. We might find 2 or 3 gems but we need 5 or 6 ready to go winners. I'd settle for 3 signings around the £2m mark and a couple of good Bosmans of Barton standard (but fitter and less cunty).

Can think board raise the funds to give us the £5 - £8m that we needed this year to build the foundations of a good side? 

Just now, trueblueal said:

That will be a problem whoever is our manager. Warburton included if he survives.

We aren't catching Celtic with loans, frees and 250k signings. We might find 2 or 3 gems but we need 5 or 6 ready to go winners. I'd settle for 3 signings around the £2m mark and a couple of good Bosmans of Barton standard (but fitter and less cunty).

Can think board raise the funds to give us the £5 - £8m that we needed this year to build the foundations of a good side? 

I remember back in April thinking we had the platform for something special, Everything since then has been a downer. If we don't invest in the first team, and that should have started this window, then this is going to continue, even with a new manager.

3 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

You know something, with King in charge, the only person I would trust now to be able to stop the scum getting 10 in a row is Walter. I know it's bad saying it. I've even been on the other side taking the piss out of folk for wanting him back as soon as something goes wrong. But I guess that boat has sailed.

Let's be hypothetical and make Walter ten years younger, do you think he would be happy with this budget? Walter would possibly want more than five of that team out the door as soon as possible. 

I always thought (maybe more in hope) MW would leave us in such a good state that a top manager would jump at the job.

Right now I see him leaving us in such a hell of a mess that we need a strong manager who knows what Rangers are all about to fix what he has done. I'd even take Mcleish even though I hate stepping back. But we need someone that can instil some steel and pride once again.

4 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I can hardly talk about it mate, totally dumbstruck by the whole shambles; and you're probably right. Halliday lets the ball go for a wander just outside the box whilst being closed down, and why doesn't Wes pass it out wider anyway. This is so basic it's unreal.

I know what you mean mate. I was a big fan of Warburton and was standing by him until the end of he season, at least. You are spot on: a mistake or two changes the whole complexion of the game. BUT, it's the lack of fight that gets me. I can accept getting beat by the better team - that's football; but we seem unable to fight fire with fire: when teams play at a very high tempo against us, or get in 'our faces', we really struggle, and you can see the confidence slowly ebbing away from our players as the game goes on. Perhaps Warburton has just taken this group of players as high as he can, and another manager coming in would give us some new ideas and bit of freshness? I really don't know. I'm just pissed off like everyone else on here

11 minutes ago, wearethepeople1 said:

Absolutely no chance for getting Frank de Boer, unless DK finds a pile of cash or sells some of his vintage wine collection 

a realistic target at the moment would be McIness. Has done pretty well at Aberdeen over the last few years, he may not have the same "philosophy" as certain others, but I think he would boot a few baws and get folk playing for our badge again. 

We couldn't afford him 

8 hours ago, To Be A Ranger said:

I always thought (maybe more in hope) MW would leave us in such a good state that a top manager would jump at the job.

Right now I see him leaving us in such a hell of a mess that we need a strong manager who knows what Rangers are all about to fix what he has done. I'd even take Mcleish even though I hate stepping back. But we need someone that can instil some steel and pride one again.

I was thinking that myself. If he does leave the next manager will have a rebuilding job on their hands. 

3 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Let's be hypothetical and make Walter ten years younger, do you think he would be happy with this budget? Walter would possibly want more than five of that team out the door as soon as possible. 

True, but he was the master of getting the most out of players and having them gel into a team that was extremely difficult to beat. This is what we need just now.

Just now, Jack The Flipper said:

True, but he was the master of getting the most out of players and having them gel into a team that was extremely difficult to beat. This is what we need just now.

I agree, but he was also the master of knowing right away who he wanted and who he didn't. I can hardly see a Walter style player in that team.

Just now, chris182 said:

We couldn't afford him 

Probably fucking not. 

I really think we need a Scottish manager back at the helm, someone who knows what the club is all about. 

He is a realistic target who would 100% take the job IMO 

someone like de boer would want to come in once we are in Europe and have got a decent transfer budget to offer 

50 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

We have no money to sack him, we have no money to bring someone in like FdB on big wages who'll want to spend money - huge reality check needed here. 

Level stepped up by Brenda, so we either find some money to raise our level or we accept we're shopping in Poundland and facing 10IAR and more across the city. 

How much did he spend at Ajax exactly?

1 minute ago, Loyal-Bear said:

Need someone who has managed a big club. A club who is used to winning. Rangers job is far too big for Warburton. You get the impression losing and drawing games to utter dross is acceptable.  

Who are you going to get in of that ilk without a fuck off wage packet to entice them? 

We need a reality check