Board's intent will be displayed soon

2 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

His way being what?

Being utterly embarrassed by teams who have half our budget?

His way being a long term solution with an emphasis on coaching and development. Are you suggesting that he doesn't have a vision, or a plan? Manchester United have a far bigger budget than Hull City, what sense does your point comparably have anyway?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

His way being a long term solution with an emphasis on coaching and development. Are you suggesting that he doesn't have a vision, or a plan? Manchester United have a far bigger budget than Hull City, what sense does your point comparably have anyway?

I'm all for a long term plan etc. but that's secondary to the first team getting results. If the first team fail to get results then his position becomes unattainable even if he's got the best long term plan in the world.

My point is with almost double the budget we can go out and apparently get a better quality of player than the teams around us. The team he has built is nowhere near good enough, against the top 6 away from home - played 6, lost 6.

14 minutes ago, bluewhitevanman said:

I am sure DK said he had 50 million to front load into the club. Maybe me and 50,000 other supporters must've been hearing things or just picked him up wrong. Why can't u see that he promised this and that's why everyone always brings it up? Ur like a broken record saying that we have no money but, this just In, we already know we have no money we know there's no1 ready to throw millions at the team but we thought that hardon that hides in South Africa would've thrown more than the loose change that he has  cobbled together for that excuse for a team. 

Did you seriously believe that £50m would be spent on players?

Just now, jackrfc95 said:

I'm all for a long term plan etc. but that's secondary to the first team getting results. If the first team fail to get results then his position becomes unattainable even if he's got the best long term plan in the world.

My point is with almost double the budget we can go out and apparently get a better quality of player than the teams around us. The team he has built is nowhere near good enough, against the top 6 away from home - played 6, lost 6.

On his budget though, can we buy better? Foderingam and Tavernier were not big money signings; Halliday wasn't; Hill, Wilson, and Kiernan weren't; Holt, Waghorn, and Forrester. What did these players cost, and they are not even on the margins of our team?

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

On his budget though, can we buy better? Foderingam and Tavernier were not big money signings; Halliday wasn't; Hill, Wilson, and Kiernan weren't; Holt, Waghorn, and Forrester. What did these players cost, and they are not even on the margins of our team?

I agree the board has to share the blame but for all these players lack technically the least I expect is for them show some heart and desire. The completely chucked it last night, the blame for that falls at the managers door.

I could be wrong here but  I think Joe Garner cost more than Hearts whole team.

2 minutes ago, Albertz 78 said:

Did you seriously believe that £50m would be spent on players?

No and I didn't say that ur man DK said he had 50 million to front load into the club and to date he's overseen a shite team being assembled since the championship as they haven't made the step up and put up 2 banner things at the stadium and did a no show at the new year game to remember the ones who never made it back and for that act alone him and his shitey board should be chased for good. 

Just now, jackrfc95 said:

I agree the board has to share the blame but for all these players lack technically the least I expect is for them show some heart and desire. The completely chucked it last night, the blame for that falls at the managers door.

I could be wrong here but  I think Joe Garner cost more than Hearts whole team.

I can't imagine anyone is going to say that Garner has been a good player for us; and in a way I sense that this is inevitable unless we spend more on players. It is obvious that we need a midfield, and central defence. We about have six players right now who are not world beaters, but who are carrying everyone else; they don''t do it all the time, but over the course those players have carried the team. We don't have leaders though, we don't have the characters of the past with the right mentality for a match such as last night's. We are either going to try and develop those players, or we buy them, but they won't come on this budget if we are to buy them.

Just now, bluewhitevanman said:

No and I didn't say that ur man DK said he had 50 million to front load into the club and to date he's overseen a shite team being assembled since the championship as they haven't made the step up and put up 2 banner things at the stadium and did a no show at the new year game to remember the ones who never made it back and for that act alone him and his shitey board should be chased for good. 

Great idea lets chase them....

I take it you have a spare 5m-10m to plug the gap in our finances should they go??????

1 hour ago, Albertz 78 said:

The tarries would probably get 25 in a row with irresponsible people like yourself at the helm of Rangers risking the financial future of the club.

Rangers DO NOT have the money to spend mega millions on players you can sit and sulk about that or start living in the real world.

When Walter Smith comes out and tells the fans that the board have to find a way of investing in better players, that matters

There will be much more damage financially if Rangers don’t invest and get back in C.L.

King is no fool, he is not plucking £30mill out of the air to appease the fans

It’s clear he is not going to give this manager any cash, we bought a keeper, our strongest fucking position

The board can see the defence is terrible, we don’t lose goals against genius strikers, we lose  goals because we have shit defenders 

Loan deals for the midfield because of Barton and injuries 

As Walter says, they have to find a way, doesn’t mean we are going to use EBTs again 

18 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I can't imagine anyone is going to say that Garner has been a good player for us; and in a way I sense that this is inevitable unless we spend more on players. It is obvious that we need a midfield, and central defence. We about have six players right now who are not world beaters, but who are carrying everyone else; they don''t do it all the time, but over the course those players have carried the team. We don't have leaders though, we don't have the characters of the past with the right mentality for a match such as last night's. We are either going to try and develop those players, or we buy them, but they won't come on this budget if we are to buy them.

A midfielder with a physical presence should of been the number 1 priority in January, in my view that was even more important than getting a centre back in.

10 minutes ago, Albertz 78 said:

Great idea lets chase them....

I take it you have a spare 5m-10m to plug the gap in our finances should they go??????

Yip let's chase them it's a fantastic idea. If they do the decent thing and put us up for sale then someone somewhere will buy us and that's a fact. So fuck DK and the imposters that he had bleeding the club dry. We are a shambles and the more we have supporters like u keeping supporting this moron then be prepared to sit behind sellik and get slagged to fuck on places like talk sport because we can't even put a flimsy challenge up to sellik . Change from the top down is needed and it's needed NOW not the end of the season not next summer but NOW right fuckin NOW. This prick needs chased as he's not bigger than our club and we don't need anymore embarrassment with the likes of a fuckin tax dodger fronting our club 

4 minutes ago, bluewhitevanman said:

Yip let's chase them it's a fantastic idea. If they do the decent thing and put us up for sale then someone somewhere will buy us and that's a fact. So fuck DK and the imposters that he had bleeding the club dry. We are a shambles and the more we have supporters like u keeping supporting this moron then be prepared to sit behind sellik and get slagged to fuck on places like talk sport because we can't even put a flimsy challenge up to sellik . Change from the top down is needed and it's needed NOW not the end of the season not next summer but NOW right fuckin NOW. This prick needs chased as he's not bigger than our club and we don't need anymore embarrassment with the likes of a fuckin tax dodger fronting our club 

If you know a guy with a spare £500m in his back pocket who would be happy to invest that kind of money in a Scottish club right now please E-mail the club and let them know, meantime back in the real world.......

8 minutes ago, bluewhitevanman said:

couldnt agree more :tu:

7 minutes ago, Albertz 78 said:

If you know a guy with a spare £500m in his back pocket who would be happy to invest that kind of money in a Scottish club right now please E-mail the club and let them know, meantime back in the real world.......

You don't need £500m to buy and run this club.

King said that they were keeping to fund the january transfer window. Where's that cash.

He's making himself and us look stupid will all these promises and not backing them up

Surely he doesn't look at that team and say everything is rosy.

7 minutes ago, quabba said:

You don't need £500m to buy and run this club.

King said that they were keeping to fund the january transfer window. Where's that cash.

He's making himself and us look stupid will all these promises and not backing them up

Surely he doesn't look at that team and say everything is rosy.

What was the point in handing MW money to spend in January when the guy is more than likely not going to be in charge next season?

9 minutes ago, Albertz 78 said:

What was the point in handing MW money to spend in January when the guy is more than likely not going to be in charge next season?

Whether MW is the manager next season is besides the point. Trying to guarantee 2nd place in the league should be.

13 minutes ago, Albertz 78 said:

Well if that's the case then surely he has to go now, why wait until the summer?

39 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Yes, and will happen won' it? Alex will get these players "steadied". The complete lack of vision in that statement concerns me. People don't become Rangers manager to '"steady" things'. As the great explorer Ranulph Fiennes says, 'Life is too short to waste time on second class ambitions. Go for the big ones, even if that means a higher failure rate'. I'm sorry but I'd rather Warburton any day than the band of merry men conjured up in the "imaginations" of posters on here. It's either someone bigger and better than Warburton, with a budget, or he stays and we do it his way, in my opinion.

Well if you'd rather things stayed as they are that's upto you 

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Well if you'd rather things stayed as they are that's upto you 

Think it's a fair point.

I like Warburton, and have defended him regularly on here, and last night was an utter disgrace, but he should only go if we are bringing in better - not just to appease angry Rangers fans, and keep the heat off of the board (which is the real reason the club is struggling). 

7 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

Yes, and will happen won' it? Alex will get these players "steadied". The complete lack of vision in that statement concerns me. People don't become Rangers manager to '"steady" things'. As the great explorer Ranulph Fiennes says, 'Life is too short to waste time on second class ambitions. Go for the big ones, even if that means a higher failure rate'. I'm sorry but I'd rather Warburton any day than the band of merry men conjured up in the "imaginations" of posters on here. It's either someone bigger and better than Warburton, with a budget, or he stays and we do it his way, in my opinion.

Absolutely right.  

5 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Think it's a fair point.

I like Warburton, and have defended him regularly on here, and last night was an utter disgrace, but he should only go if we are bringing in better - not just to appease angry Rangers fans, and keep the heat off of the board (which is the real reason the club is struggling). 

Correct. People are dreaming if they think this board is going to lay its hands on the sort of money needed to recruit a manager with a  high profile and track record (plus the level of budget such a man would demand).  They might try to appease the fans by ditching Warburton and bringing in one of the usual suspects as a quick fix.  That would lead us nowhere. 

6 hours ago, Smile said:

To attract a decent level of Manager we need a decent level of money for him to spend. This board don't have that.

Yes, that's the core of the issue. This board has no money and has failed to raise the additional cash needed to sustain a challenge in the top division and a reasonable showing in Europe.  The wages being paid to the current crop of players should, however, be enough to keep us above the likes of Aberdeen and Hearts.  

2 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

Yes, that's the core of the issue. This board has no money and has failed to raise the additional cash needed to sustain a challenge in the top division and a reasonable showing in Europe.  The wages being paid to the current crop of players should, however, be enough to keep us above the likes of Aberdeen and Hearts.  

I often wonder if Warburton had first picks we missed out on as watching some players they look more like he will do a job till i get someone better in type of players.