Andy Halliday - He is one of us!

Ger77

13 minutes ago, MaddistonKnight said:

Not at all - and the post you commented on was about McCulloch

Regards Halliday, I was under the impression he was a left midfielder, not a defensive midfielder. If he was brought in to play at DM, more fool Warburton. And if Halliday actually thinks he's a DM, he's deluded.

Either way, it's Rangers that are suffering. Are you not angry about that? Don't you think Halliday is stealing a wage? It's all very well being a smart arse, but the bottom line is what it is. And I think its a joke. But feel free to defend someone who is "one of us" when frankly he shouldn't be.

I have worked with too many wage thieves to give them the time of day.

The post I commented on was yours about Andy Halliday. Not McCulloch

I don't think Andy Halliday is good enough for the Rangers first team, he is a decent "squad player" though.

I get angry at MW's tactics sometimes but mainly I am frustrated with the vast majority of it all.

Andy Halliday is taking a wage he was offered to play for us. Why on earth would he hand it back because he can't cut it - it's a stupid, ludicrous suggestion to make (I drew the same parallels to McCoist in an earlier post) - would you hand your wage back? what would your family say to that? no but wait..... perhaps you think YOU are good at your job? 

I hope I have addressed all the points. 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

The post I commented on was yours about Andy Halliday. Not McCulloch

I don't think Andy Halliday is good enough for the Rangers first team, he is a decent "squad player" though.

I get angry at MW's tactics sometimes but mainly I am frustrated with the vast majority of it all.

Andy Halliday is taking a wage he was offered to play for us. Why on earth would he hand it back because he can't cut it - it's a stupid, ludicrous suggestion to make (I drew the same parallels to McCoist in an earlier post) - would you hand your wage back? what would your family say to that? no but wait..... perhaps you think YOU are good at your job? 

I hope I have addressed all the points. 

I think you are getting me all wrong. Possibly deliberately.

Halliday is on a contract - I have no issue with that, he should get what he is due. I have never once said anyone should hand back money. I have questioned his ability, his self awareness and honesty in his abilities. Not questioned his right to get his contractually agreed dues at all, so please get it correct.

As for your point on me. I have twice left jobs because I was out of my depth, once in Australia and once here in the UK. I took a big pay cut leaving the Aussie job but actually got a rise leaving the job here. Hope that helps.

And the post you commented on was about McCulloch - specifically spoke about his time in defence.

I hate the phrase 'stealing a wage' being used for players.

Its utter pish.

None of the players are stealing a wage. They might be shite, but they do try their best. They were signed by Rangers and wanted to work hard and do well.

Fair enough throwing the phrase at the gardener, but not guys like Halliday. 

19 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I hate the phrase 'stealing a wage' being used for players.

Its utter pish.

None of the players are stealing a wage. They might be shite, but they do try their best. They were signed by Rangers and wanted to work hard and do well.

Fair enough throwing the phrase at the gardener, but not guys like Halliday. 

No they dont. Just because theyve signed for us doesnt mean they deserve to be here or are putting in enough effort.

Halliday of all players should know what it takes. There have been plenty of average players at Rangers who have shown drive and passion and thus earned the fans love. None of our players bar Miller have put in a good enough effort, if you think our players "do try their best" every game then I dont know what team youre watching