Andy Halliday - He is one of us!

Ger77

I love it when we have a kid that has grown up watching Rangers and then goes on to play with the club. Let's face it, we would all have died happy to have been given a similar opportunity.     I'm sure there will be many that the would suggest that such a player should be entitled to special treatment and be 'given a break' when their performances are poor and results likewise.  Andy Halliday has grown up watching the team he supports being driven to success by skill, pride, commitment, hard work and a never ending no surrender team spirit.   Should there be special treatment? Perhaps, but not for Andy Halliday and nor would he expect it. We are Rangers!                 Lift your head son, improve your performances quickly, get Rangers into the hearts of your teammates  and help get us back to where we belong.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, ForeverBlue1872 said:

He's an awful footballer. With him being a fan I'd have expected him to put himself about a bit and get stuck in, even shown some passion to distract away from his lack of footballing ability. He does none of that though.

If you think he hasn't shown passion while playing for Rangers then I'm really not sure what you expect, other than him coming out wearing a sash and the shirt number 1690.

3 minutes ago, jbm26896 said:

Whippping boy for many on here - remember Alan Hutton receiving the some nonsense before he had his one good season before his move.  

Hes fucking terrible and constantly gives away goals through terrible positioning and fannying about on the ball.

I couldnt give a fuck who he supports he is an embarassment like the rest of them.

He's shite.  This 'but he's been played out of position' patter needs to end as well.  Andy would be shite at CAM (as he was opening day of the season against Hamilton), at LB, left-wing, or wherever the fuck else.

I'm reminded of the big dafty Kyle Lafferty.  A shocking footballer who was constantly given the benefit of the doubt because he was a Rangers fan.  He played shite at left-wing under Walter and apparently it was because he was out of position.  He was given a chance up top but was shite and that was blamed on him not being a lone striker and needing someone next to him.

I'd rather we didn't build our entire fucking team around shite players.  Rather, let's just accept they're shite and get rid of them.  The sooner the better.

15 minutes ago, philiprfc said:

Admittedly, he hasn't been great, and he's being played in the wrong position. However, he's also getting pelters even when he plays fine.

The new Lee McCulloch.

What exactly is his position if he's being played in the wrong position (left midfield, defensive midfield and center midfield) ?

1 minute ago, Tav's Bandage said:

Hes fucking terrible and constantly gives away goals through terrible positioning and fannying about on the ball.

I couldnt give a fuck who he supports he is an embarassment like the rest of them.

Deserved to be dropped as he was not playing well enough.

But an embarrassment - no chance. 

5 minutes ago, jbm26896 said:

Whippping boy for many on here - remember Alan Hutton receiving the some nonsense before he had his one good season before his move.  

He's a donkey.  Towards the end of last season I remember Halliday making mistakes that directly cost us goals.  Against Hibs or Alloa (I can't remember which) he had a throw in and tossed the ball to an opposition striker to put the ball in the net.  

Everytime Halliday fucks up he screams at a teammate in an effort to lay blame with someone else.  Either that or he's rolling around on the ground pretending he's injured. :lol:

7 minutes ago, Pearson83 said:

He's just not a good football player and that's bottom line. Like rest of them just lower league players who should not be playing for our club

The frustrating thing is even at championship level players like Halliday and Kiernan were being shown up but the manager just seemed to be blind to it.