Andy Halliday - He is one of us!

Ger77

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

He's shite.  This 'but he's been played out of position' patter needs to end as well.  Andy would be shite at CAM (as he was opening day of the season against Hamilton), at LB, left-wing, or wherever the fuck else.

I'm reminded of the big dafty Kyle Lafferty.  A shocking footballer who was constantly given the benefit of the doubt because he was a Rangers fan.  He played shite at left-wing under Walter and apparently it was because he was out of position.  He was given a chance up top but was shite and that was blamed on him not being a lone striker and needing someone next to him.

I'd rather we didn't build our entire fucking team around shite players.  Rather, let's just accept they're shite and get rid of them.  The sooner the better.

I remember a certain Craig Moore who was a whipping boy for many, but ended up an ever present and the first name on the teamsheet.

1 hour ago, Ger77 said:

"Should there be special treatment? Perhaps, but NOT for Andy Halliday and NOR would he expect it."

Taken from my initial post. I'm saying that Halliday shouldn't be treated differently because he supports the club, however as strange as it may seem, like every player at our club I want him to improve and help us win games. Can he improve?, of course he can.

Feel a bit sorry for him. Playing out of position (he's a left mid / winger by trade).

Put any winger in the world as a DM and they'd struggle. 

Only Rangers fans would use the fact he's a proper bear who's always supported us to have a go at him.

That said, he shouldn't be starting as a holding mid. Might offer more if played out wide, but we'll probably never know under MW. 

In all fairness to halliday hes not a dm hes a winger but has played that postition for a while now and yeah hes a bluesnose through and through but his performances havnt been great and i was glad when i saw him benched. It should of happend sooner but thats down to warbs constantly picking him for a start. 

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

He's a donkey.  Towards the end of last season I remember Halliday making mistakes that directly cost us goals.  Against Hibs or Alloa (I can't remember which) he had a throw in and tossed the ball to an opposition striker to put the ball in the net.  

Everytime Halliday fucks up he screams at a teammate in an effort to lay blame with someone else.  Either that or he's rolling around on the ground pretending he's injured. :lol:

It was against Hibs, Cummings scored, total mix up between him and Kiernan, if not more Kiernan's fault for not concentrating. 

As mentioned, the irony being, Halliday gets singled out for more abuse than anyone else because he is a Bear. 

Andy has lived the dream that so many of us would cut off a leg for. I congratulate him for doing so, but unfortunately, it has not been in a good Rangers team or a good Rangers setup. Too many circumstances on the down side will forever tarnish his dream.

i grew up supporting rangers and have done for more than 60 yrs i would have loved to play for my team but was not good enough   end of story   there should be no sentiment attached                                                            q

1 hour ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I'd rather have 11 Tims in a Rangers jersey if it meant getting 55, just because you're a true blue doesn't make you good enough for Rangers.

Too far...Always need to have a few players that can identify with the Club and what it means..But Halliday is simply just not good enough...

2 hours ago, Ger77 said:

I love it when we have a kid that has grown up watching Rangers and then goes on to play with the club. Let's face it, we would all have died happy to have been given a similar opportunity.     I'm sure there will be many that the would suggest that such a player should be entitled to special treatment and be 'given a break' when their performances are poor and results likewise.  Andy Halliday has grown up watching the team he supports being driven to success by skill, pride, commitment, hard work and a never ending no surrender team spirit.   Should there be special treatment? Perhaps, but not for Andy Halliday and nor would he expect it. We are Rangers!                 Lift your head son, improve your performances quickly, get Rangers into the hearts of your teammates  and help get us back to where we belong.

Each and every one of us were desprate for the boy to do well and still do, he for some reason has been given more chances than many to come good,IT probably hasnt done him any favours being played even though we all could see he has had a major dip IN form.

His performance v the Taigs IN the semi should there IS a player there but he has never refound that level since. I feel a fw weksout wil make him refocus to realise eveything e has and doesnt want too loss.The whole season he has been giving the ball away which on a few occasions cost the team goals, he needs tho learn banging the ground after losing IT doesnt help recover the ball chasing back does.

Andy you are living our dream but causing us nightmares as we dont like turning on our own and other players like say Black to name one never got  a tenth of slack your Getting before their time was up.

Andy go 8n son give us a local hero by performing on the park and not because your Mum and Dad lived nextdoor.

Out of position doesn't excuse basics like control, needing a number of extra touches.

Anyway here is one for the out of position brigade...

Andy Halliday is delighted to be being deployed in a holding midfield role for Rangers and believes it is his most natural and best position. 

The midfielder is filling his boots in the absence of Joey Barton and has started as a holding midfielder in Rangers' last three games, a 0-0 draw with Ross County, a 5-0 League Cup win over Queen of the South and a 2-1 loss to Aberdeen, in which he scored the consolation from the penalty spot.

Halliday feels he is putting in good performances and insists he feels at his best operating as a holding midfielder for the Gers.

He told Rangers TV: "I think it's my best position probably in this team to be honest.

"I think it's a lot more natural to me in terms of my attributes as a football player", Halliday continued.

2 hours ago, Ger77 said:

I love it when we have a kid that has grown up watching Rangers and then goes on to play with the club. Let's face it, we would all have died happy to have been given a similar opportunity.     I'm sure there will be many that the would suggest that such a player should be entitled to special treatment and be 'given a break' when their performances are poor and results likewise.  Andy Halliday has grown up watching the team he supports being driven to success by skill, pride, commitment, hard work and a never ending no surrender team spirit.   Should there be special treatment? Perhaps, but not for Andy Halliday and nor would he expect it. We are Rangers!                 Lift your head son, improve your performances quickly, get Rangers into the hearts of your teammates  and help get us back to where we belong.

He can't improve as he doesn't have the ability. He's lived the dream, but sadly his time is over as he just isn't good enough for us.

I also seriously doubt many of his team mates have a heart.

14 minutes ago, MasterD said:

Out of position doesn't excuse basics like control, needing a number of extra touches.

Anyway here is one for the out of position brigade...

He's hardly going to come out and say 'aye I'm wasted in DM, no got a clue what I'm doing'.

Footballers interviews are all a PR game. I'd never take a footballers (or managers) interview as the truth quite frankly. 

That said, he's not good enough as a starting DM in our team.