Next Manager

DavieMacRFC

If the next manager is to be Frank de Boer then why get Mcleish or any other guy in to manage us until the end of the season?

Surely it would make more sense to get the new permanent manager in asap so he can evaluate who might be worth keeping and identify the key positions that need filled.

FDB is currently unemployed and ready to listen, getting a stop gap in makes no sense at all, c'mon Dave get the transfer budget sorted and just get the new man in place now for next season.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, OhW said:

You obviously don't keep up to date or read that much about Rangers.

What makes you say that?

If your seriously in the know then please tell us, I'm going on hear say as are most of us because other than the 2 statements released then no cunt know what's going on.

Enlighten me!

2 minutes ago, dande101 said:

If the next manager is to be Frank de Boer then why get Mcleish or any other guy in to manage us until the end of the season?

Surely it would make more sense to get the new permanent manager in asap so he can evaluate who might be worth keeping and identify the key positions that need filled.

FDB is currently unemployed and ready to listen, getting a stop gap in makes no sense at all, c'mon Dave get the transfer budget sorted and just get the new man in place now for next season.

I don't think there is any reason why should expect FDB to the manager. What are people basing this on? He would require a good bit of investment. Whoever is the next manager is here beyond the summer, and they won't have a big budget.

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

FDB has said he wants to wait till summer

Just now, dande101 said:

What makes you say that?

If your seriously in the know then please tell us, I'm going on hear say as are most of us because other than the 2 statements released then no cunt know what's going on.

Enlighten me!

Consider yourself enlightened!

:thumbup:

12 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I don't think there is any reason why should expect FDB to the manager. What are people basing this on? He would require a good bit of investment. Whoever is the next manager is here beyond the summer, and they won't have a big budget.

I'm basing this on what the majority are hoping but as I said  just get the new man in now so he can assess the squad, makes no sense waiting.

Also says he's willing to talk , this opens any potential doors in my book.

aye he will talk regards the job but he wants to remain out of work till the summer. he could agree a deal in principle but he ain't taking any job till the summer

Just now, dande101 said:

I'm basing this on what the majority are hoping but astill I said  just get the new man in now so he can assess the squad, makes no sense waiting.

Yes, but how likely are we to getting FDB? What would you think he would need in terms of a budget; can you speculate on that?

Just now, Rfc52 said:

aye he will talk regards the job but he wants to remain out of work till the summer. he could agree a deal in principle but he ain't taking any job till the summer

Move on then, we require someone now who wants to be at Rangers not someone who wants it on his terms.

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

FDB has said he is taking a break till summer. I would think if it was to be him from next season we will find out very soon tho as he'd need to starting planning pre season and transfer targets with Europe in mind

If that's the case then do what we did with Advocaat, announce him now and tell him he doesn't have to come till the summer, and be open about the fact he is coming. I don't believe he will be the manager next season.

6 minutes ago, dande101 said:

What makes you say that?

Enlighten me!

I think that he means when does anything we do ever make sense

Just now, dande101 said:

Move on then, we require someone now who wants to be at Rangers not someone who wants it on his terms.

FFS. The guy is taking a break from football and enjoying his break. If he's the best man for the job and wants it then I'd wait. This season is effectively a write off.

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

Yes, but how likely are we to getting FDB? What would you think he would need in terms of a budget; can you speculate on that?

Would need at least 10/15 million as would anyone if we are to try and compete next season, is this possible? probably not but any manager is going to need decent investment.

1 minute ago, dande101 said:

He's ready to listen so surely he could be persuaded, been out of work for 3 months now so that's a break.

To be perfectly honest i think the "taking a break" line is just that, a line for the media.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's waiting to see what his options are come the end of the season, he'll have his choice of jobs and will weigh up the pros and cons then, which could mean coming to us but could mean going elsewhere like England were there'll be a bunch of managerless clubs.

He's ready to listen so surely he could be persuaded, been out of work for 3 months now so that's a break.

You can't go into a club and change what he'd be looking to change halfway through a season. You could but it would put 2nd place under even more strain and what if it wasn't achieved

Just now, dande101 said:

Would need at least 10/15 million as would anyone if we are to try and compete next season, is this possible? probably not but any manager is going to need decent investment.

My point is that there is no reason for us to be getting our hopes up where we think FDB is coming this summer. We need to be realistic. Our problems have not departed with MarK Warburton, we still have them, and there won't be any quick fix. I agree with your point, but decent investment would require a lot more than we have spent previously.

Just now, Rfc52 said:

FFS. The guy is taking a break from football and enjoying his break. If he's the best man for the job and wants it then I'd wait. This season is effectively a write off.

This season is not done, we are in the Scottish cup with a chance of qualifying for a European place next season, granted we ain't gonna win the league and the cup will be a hard task but it would raise morale if we could win it and secure 2nd place, we need a man in to work with what's here already and get us into Europe.

This season is not done, we are in the Scottish cup with a chance of qualifying for a European place next season, granted we ain't gonna win the league and the cup will be a hard task but it would raise morale if we could win it and secure 2nd place, we need a man in to work with what's here already and get us into Europe.

I'd say we have about a 10% Chance of winning the cup. We are chronic. We were all over the place yesterday as well. Whoever comes in will struggle to the end of thebseason. I'd imagine some on here would want the new manager out as we inevitably fall anything between 30 and 40 points behind the child abusers

We will get that manager in shortly until season end then the big name this summer. Do you really expect FDB to come in just to win Scottish cup

14 minutes ago, dande101 said:

Let's say we want FDB and he would like to take over, do you think that we'd wait until the pre-season to have any sort of agreement?

we'd agree just now and sign a contract that would see his employment start in May or June. In that time he'd obviously get as close as he could to us without getting in the way to evaluate our current squad, youths and then also be identifying targets ahead of time.

The interim manager would need to know that they were an interim manager and not someone on a 3 month trial and who may get the job permanently.

In some ways it's better, they get an outsiders view to make decisions without emotional attachment. So if he thinks Kiernan has no future it's far easier to jus come in over the summer and say sorry, you're on the transfer list instead of training with him and playing him to then do it later.

If the board however decide to give an interim manager a chance at the job then FDB won't do anything with regards to us until he comes in (if he did and that's a big IF).

This is a massive decision and the board cannot afford to fuck it up.