Stewart Robertson - Interview

Guest Lloyd72

Guest Lloyd72
59 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Levein has done well with Hearts as well. 

DoF is the right way to go in modern football. Rodgers worked under one at a Liverpool as well did he not? Achieved fuck-all right enough except second place 

Don't think he did mate it was a transfer committee he worked under at Liverpool and it fucked over his recruitment in the end. Klopp is working under a DoF at Liverpool now and their recruitment has improved massively imo.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

Don't think he did mate it was a transfer committee he worked under at Liverpool and it fucked over his recruitment in the end. Klopp is working under a DoF at Liverpool now and their recruitment has improved massively imo.

Ian Ayre, Liverpool's managing director, explained: "The structure – and Brendan is aware of this – is a more continental director of football-type structure, a collaborative group of people working around the football area."

It was basically the same thing only with more than one person 

6 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Southampton/Rangers fan on FF says there is currently some problems behind the scenes there. Something to do with the lack of youth players being played or something, so he wouldn't be suprised if he left.

Hope you are correct, I think he seems like exactly the type of guy we need in the role. I worry though that if he is so well thought of down south that there would be other clubs willing to take a risk on him. 

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, The Godfather said:

Ian Ayre, Liverpool's managing director, explained: "The structure – and Brendan is aware of this – is a more continental director of football-type structure, a collaborative group of people working around the football area."

It was basically the same thing only with more than one person 

that's probably where they fucked it then tbh, unless absolutely everyone is on the same page in that structure you're going to have problems. He even said himself in an interview after Liverpool that he felt it was the wrong way to go about recruiting players.

2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

The guy who wrote the post appears to be a Rangers fan in the know. I don't know if DK admires what Craig Levein has done for hearts, but I do think he his a good choice if we can get him.

Not everybody is what the appear to be on the internet.

Levein has done ok, but our sights have to be set higher.

What the point with Kidd?

He'll be 68 when next season starts and he'll be in a role that requires longevity. Assuming he stays for a decent length of time, are we really going to have a 75 year old man running the club?

(Very aware it's probably pish as its FF)

3 minutes ago, PRW. said:

He has been "approached". Not offered it.

Robertson spoke about speaking to friends of Rangers for reccommendations etc. I assume SAF has reccommended Kidd.

Not my preferred candidate tho.

I doubt that, did they not have a massive falling out? 

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Like I said he talked a lot about nothing really. 

What do you know now that you didn't know at the weekend. 

Manager will be a safe pair of hands, they can't take a gamble after the last shambles. 

So they are doing some research on a list of candidates, well blow me away here was me thinking they just pulled a name out a hat. 

So if they can get him now they will but if not it's the summer. ?? They said twice already it's Murty until further notice  .

All the talk on the bus on Sunday was a DoF it's no secret and they are only thinking about it, it's not a done deal. 

He tells us all about the great youth players, we know we have improved the youth system so he told us nothing new. 

I honestly believe if anyone of the board came on and read out the dictionary you would applaud. 

I do hear and read plenty of stories on what's meant to be going on behind the scenes, some turn out to be accurate but the majority usually turn out to be made up pish, so from my point of view its good to hear from a Rangers official even if what he says  is nothing new to the punters on your bus.

23 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

I do hear and read plenty of stories on what's meant to be going on behind the scenes, some turn out to be accurate but the majority usually turn out to be made up pish, so from my point of view its good to hear from a Rangers official even if what he says  is nothing new to the punters on your bus.

Suit yourself mate, I forgot we look at the board of Rangers from slightly different angles.