Advocaat and Mcleish

Billy1984

6 minutes ago, billsim1984 said:

With us now in all likelihood going down the d.o.f route, got me thinking of when eck came in and Dick moved "upstairs" for a short time. What was Advocaats role within that? Was he a d.o.f? Can't recall what his job title was. 

I know he was the one that signed arteta. That's about it I think

8 minutes ago, billsim1984 said:

With us now in all likelihood going down the d.o.f route, got me thinking of when eck came in and Dick moved "upstairs" for a short time. What was Advocaats role within that? Was he a d.o.f? Can't recall what his job title was. 

Director off EBT's m8

5 minutes ago, billsim1984 said:

lol Thanks. 

he'd spent a fortune but had lost his magic touch. he'd also instigated Murray Park. Noone wanted to sack him, but he wasn't doing the deed as manager anymore so went upstairs so to speak. It was a made up role then, but times have changed.

2 hours ago, billsim1984 said:

Your spot on m8, My recollection at the time was that advocaat was moved upstairs as a dof, sir Walter yesterday claimed that we....Rangers have never went down this route so it's all a bit confusing to be honest....as for bonjour bonjours response he is a wan stain who thinks everything he posts is a hoot....but in reality he is a boring bastard!!!

I hope this helps:whistle:

7 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Your spot on m8, My recollection at the time was that advocaat was moved upstairs as a dof, sir Walter yesterday claimed that we....Rangers have never went down this route so it's all a bit confusing to be honest....as for bonjour bonjours response he is a wan stain who thinks everything he posts is a hoot....but in reality he is a boring bastard!!!

Gordon Smith was a director of football for us as well so Sir Walter has got this one wrong.

24 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Thought that myself that's why I asked. Should have picked a better place than a Rangers forum to ask a Rangers related question. :p:

45 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

He is a fucking pollution 

2 hours ago, writingranger said:

he'd spent a fortune but had lost his magic touch. he'd also instigated Murray Park. Noone wanted to sack him, but he wasn't doing the deed as manager anymore so went upstairs so to speak. It was a made up role then, but times have changed.

I'd say that was about it , it was certainly my recollection at the time too . 

20 hours ago, harry handsome said:

I think it was to save face for DA - at the time he was at Rangers i used to be in Ibrox every other month on business with various people and he wasn't well liked by many of them.

I don't think he ever considered his position a popularity contest,  but at one time he had 100 percent backing in the dressing room and I remember Colin Henry saying there really was a fantastic spirit around the place.  Later he appears, around the time he stripped Amo of the captaincy, to have 'lost the dressing room', never really recovered from that.   I'd say even those who didnt like him respected him, once he lost that respect he was toast. 

13 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

I don't think he ever considered his position a popularity contest,  but at one time he had 100 percent backing in the dressing room and I remember Colin Henry saying there really was a fantastic spirit around the place.  Later he appears, around the time he stripped Amo of the captaincy, to have 'lost the dressing room', never really recovered from that.   I'd say even those who didnt like him respected him, once he lost that respect he was toast. 

I wasn't talking about players, he wasn't well thought of by the support team at Ibrox.