Michal Eisenir

KaiserJon

If you're a billionaire how much do you really give a fuck about money, surely the challenge of taking a club right back to the top level is enough in itself to get these guys in (which in fairness this guy looks to be doing this with Portsmouth) 

for anyone with the right funds we'd be a fanstastuc project as long as it was something that we could sustain and not end up back where we were once again 

7 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Depends what you class as significant growth.

From what we earn this season to what we woukd earn in a few seasons of champions league group stages at least, would be a massive difference in revenue.

With a decent manager and a medium risk of player spending we can acheive this.

It's nothing compared to the possibilities of EPL money though. Continued participation in the champions league for years running and and not spending much to stay in that position is the only way we could possibly profitable.

There's next to no money in the league or TV or merch. Look at Leicester. One good season in the EPL and merchants sold all over the globe.

16 minutes ago, EatDolphins said:

It's nothing compared to the possibilities of EPL money though. Continued participation in the champions league for years running and and not spending much to stay in that position is the only way we could possibly profitable.

There's next to no money in the league or TV or merch. Look at Leicester. One good season in the EPL and merchants sold all over the globe.

Aye, i take that point.

But still a significant revenue and exposure of brand should you invest and qualifiy for the Champs league every season.

14 hours ago, badjon said:

Very rich chap looking at Pompey. Already entered into 70 day regulatory thing. Appears to have no interest as a Pompey man. Club are on the low but were never even considered a big club. I understand we are in a shit league but sure there must be something more of long term value to a billionaire than Portsmouth!Forgot to add the obvious why not us!??

The potential ROI for an investor in Portsmouth is always going to be higher than that of an investor in Rangers because of the money in each league. This guy would only need to get his Portsmouth to the Championship and they'd already be returning more money than buying us. I know we have the Champions League as a carrot, but the money in world football is in English football.

10 hours ago, lgr1991 said:

Simple business. A relatively small investment is all that is needed to get into the EPL. One year in there nets over 100m on TV money alone. We simply can't compete with that. 

What's a relatively small investment?

The Brighton owner has stuck in £250m so far.

Derby, Sheffield Wed have invested heavily and still need more.

Leicester & Boro spent a fortune getting promoted then even more to try and stay there.

The Championship is getting richer and richer every year now too and teams are buying players for over £10m. It's not cheap to get teams promoted and you'd need to be quite lucky to do it on a small investment.

Then once you get promoted the rewards are high but that quickly disappears on transfers & wages.

You need a good manager as well. Bournemouth, purely due to having no money at the time, offered their youth coach the managers job  ( I think they expected to be relegated from the league that year and finally go bust) It proved to be a masterstroke for them and with the help of a bit of Russian investment ( I think it was about 30 million to get from league 1 to the PL ) and some good player recruitment and coaching, a really small club is now trading it with the big boys and I think stands to make 117 million from this season and would even get 64 million spread over the next three years should they get relegated. However, for all that money, they will never ( I doubt ) play in the Champions league, whereas Rangers, with a good manager ( Pedro maybe? ), would not take that much investment to get there. However it has to be the right investors Portsmouth were effed by some Russians, Blackpool  by Oyston, after getting the PL money he trousered it. Was it Hearts up here ( I know you will say they deserved it ) that got in trouble after foreign investment?