Shittodrie kick off time

Don't really fancy the long drive to and from Pittodrie, so went to look at booking a train ticket. It is not possible to get a train from Glasgow to Aberdeen on Sunday that arrives before the 1230 kick off time! Earliest arrival is 1242. Six hours in a bus in one daywould kill my back for a fortnight :-( 

I know that TV schedules dictate when games will be, but is there any input at all from anyone who gives a shit about supporters? Does the club have any say at all in when the kick off will be? Are any of our fans' groups involved or consulted at any point at all?

We've no chance of 2nd place - that ship has sailed without us - but we now need to cement third and guarantee European football next season, so the match is far from meaningless and I want to be at every game I can to back the bears. 1230 starts in Aberdeen on a Sunday don't make it easy though............

11 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Don't really fancy the long drive to and from Pittodrie, so went to look at booking a train ticket. It is not possible to get a train from Glasgow to Aberdeen on Sunday that arrives before the 1230 kick off time! Earliest arrival is 1242. Six hours in a bus in one daywould kill my back for a fortnight :-( 

I know that TV schedules dictate when games will be, but is there any input at all from anyone who gives a shit about supporters? Does the club have any say at all in when the kick off will be? Are any of our fans' groups involved or consulted at any point at all?

We've no chance of 2nd place - that ship has sailed without us - but we now need to cement third and guarantee European football next season, so the match is far from meaningless and I want to be at every game I can to back the bears. 1230 starts in Aberdeen on a Sunday don't make it easy though............

The sheep,  RC and Inverness have been complaining about this for a while.

Whilst I'd normally have little concern for any grief they have, as a football fan it's actually justified. 

Football cares not a jot for the fans, it's all about the TV money. The club doesn't really care either, nor do authorities etc. Fans groups? Meh.

Alternatives are to get someone to drive - will speed up the journey, or stay in the shit hole on Saturday night.

Alternatively if it's still too much and you're looking to get rid of that ticket....

12 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Whilst I'd normally have little concern for any grief they have, as a football fan it's actually justified. 

Football cares not a jot for the fans, it's all about the TV money. The club doesn't really care either, nor do authorities etc. Fans groups? Meh.

Alternatives are to get someone to drive - will speed up the journey, or stay in the shit hole on Saturday night.

Alternatively if it's still too much and you're looking to get rid of that ticket....

:lol: God loves a trier

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I think only 1 other country in Europe gets more of their income from Fans so we should have more say. Even if it is a case of scheduling games so the majority of fans can get there easily.

2 hours ago, Mr Soprano said:

Drive through to Edinburgh and catch the 9:15 that would get you in for 12:10.

Our bus is struggling for tickets so if you can't make it, I'd be happy to take it off your hands mate.

Shameless as fuck :Fod:

Lucky for you some brilliant guy has you sorted ain't it?

2 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Those were fun trips to be fair

The A9 is a bad enough road at the best of times.  Dozens of buses flying up it during the rush hour to try and make a 7:45 kick off is just asking for accidents to happen IMO.

6 minutes ago, ThenNowForever said:

How much money do we actually make from TV money for the league? I wonder if the pittance we get really is worth it sometimes. Two ICT games on a Friday night this season. Complete joke

Inverness away on a Friday night should be made compulsory.