Our Midfield versus theirs

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

to be honest their midfield is looking stronger and more dynamic than ours. Now that they have gotten rid of Lennon we are looking at a much fitter and creative bunch in the middle ....this isn't going to be easy

Must admit had that impression too, Hope we're both wrong ! :sherlock:

to be honest their midfield is looking stronger and more dynamic than ours. Now that they have gotten rid of Lennon we are looking at a much fitter and creative bunch in the middle ....this isn't going to be easy

yeah Blue QPR are not a bad team but Brown and Capone ran riot and I won't listen to comments such as 'who cares what they are doing' we have to keep an eye on them as we can't let them runaway with it this season

yeah Blue QPR are not a bad team but Brown and Capone ran riot and I won't listen to comments such as 'who cares what they are doing' we have to keep an eye on them as we can't let them runaway with it this season

Yeah the Broon thing keeps oan goin over and over in ma heid ! Hope it's not the one that comes back to bite us on the ass ! :sherlock:

Yeah the Broon thing keeps oan goin over and over in ma heid ! Hope it's not the one that comes back to bite us on the ass ! :sherlock:

...and it could be biting us on the arse for a decade. Still...I've been wrong about a player before...let's hope Brown is another.

...and it could be biting us on the arse for a decade. Still...I've been wrong about a player before...let's hope Brown is another.

aye and hope they dont get Adu as well...

Is that the Adu that can't get into the USA national team ahead of Beasely?

Now, Nakamura, Brown, Donati and McGeady are a decent midfield. However, Beasley, Thomson, Ferguson and AN Other is more than a match for them.

Bring it on!

Now, Nakamura, Brown, Donati and McGeady are a decent midfield. However, Beasley, Thomson, Ferguson and AN Other is more than a match for them.

Bring it on!

Adu plays in the under 20s Frankie :)

Anyway we also have McCulloch who could be a battering ram if required and Gow as options against their midfield, also forgetting Hemdani.

But, I totally agree our midfield can compete with theirs and I think we have the better defenders. (now)

Yes, he's contributed to the under 20's because of their world cup this year. He did OK there as they reached the 1/4 finals.

Adu is now 18 (allegedly!) and if he was as good as everyone suggests, he wouldn't be playing for Real Salt Lake and he'd be contributing to the full squad.

He's simply nothing special and if he signed for Celtic it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

I'm with you on this matey.

We don't have the enthuasisim and drive of a Brown in our midfield

We don't have the creativity and flair of Nakamura

We do have the play making ability of Donati in Ferguson and Thompson

We do have the speed of Beasley though but I think we need more drive and running in our midfield and a more creative influence.

QPR are one of the favourites to get relegated from The Championship this year, pre season means absolutely nothing.

Yes Celtic have signed a few players that make have more movement in midfield, but we are more than capable of competing with them IMO.

Ferguson on his game, is one of Europe's best playmakers. Ask anybody at Bayern, Parma, Villarael, Porto, Inter, Valencia, Galatasary, PSV Eindhoven or Monaco and they wil mirror thsoe sentiments.

From an experience stand point the entire Celtic midfield has 80 international caps between them. Ferguson and Beasley have 106 between them, throw in McCulloch and that figure is up to 117 caps.

Brown appears to be the guy that Celtic are going to build their team around, but he has a temprament and injury record that suggests to me anyway that he will bottle it at the big club. Every body is raving about how he has played so far, but that always happens with new players as the spotlight is on them so much that journalists/ pundits don't see how well others have played as they are too busy focusing on the new guy.

Also has the majority of Scotland suddenly forgotten that Thomson was rated as the more complete and mature player out of the pair of them until he moved to us?

Like I have said before I honstantly think that comparing us to them is not realistic at this moment in time: they are adding to a squad that has been together for nearly three years. We are building a squad almost from scratch. Big Difference.

Ferguson on his game, is one of Europe's best playmakers. Ask anybody at Bayern, Parma, Villarael, Porto, Inter, Valencia, Galatasary, PSV Eindhoven or Monaco and they wil mirror thsoe sentiments.

I think this kind of sycophancy over Ferguson is beginning to be damaging to the club. One of Europe's best play makers my arse.

I think this kind of sycophancy over Ferguson is beginning to be damaging to the club. One of Europe's best play makers my arse.

I didn't say he was one of the most best out right playmkers in Europe.

I said on his game that makes a massive difference to what I just said and what you are suggesting I said.

Bring it on!

Adu plays in the under 20s Frankie :)

Anyway we also have McCulloch who could be a battering ram if required and Gow as options against their midfield, also forgetting Hemdani.

But, I totally agree our midfield can compete with theirs and I think we have the better defenders. (now)

Completly agree with this, we have nothing to fear imo.

ours is EVERY BIT AS STRONG as the unwashed!

...end of!

and Broon is very OVERRATED....and not wirth close to the 4-Mill paid for him!!!

I think they did pay too much for him, espicially in wages, but he's still a great player I think.

ours is EVERY BIT AS STRONG as the unwashed!

...end of!

and Broon is very OVERRATED....and not wirth close to the 4-Mill paid for him!!!

I think they did pay too much for him, espicially in wages, but he's still a great player I think.

I think only time will tell TBO. If he is a great player as you say, and he remains with them for some time...he could actually turn out to be a bargain.

Guest therabbitt
Yes, he's contributed to the under 20's because of their world cup this year. He did OK there as they reached the 1/4 finals.

Adu is now 18 (allegedly!) and if he was as good as everyone suggests, he wouldn't be playing for Real Salt Lake and he'd be contributing to the full squad.

He's simply nothing special and if he signed for Celtic it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

What are you basing your opinion on dude? Have you watched him play? Ive been watching the MLS for quite a few years now and he is a fantastic prospect if played in position and given time on the park.

Who cares if Brown ran riot.

We didn't get him FFS, let's move on and focus on what we have!

I would normally agree, but we are supposed to be comparing in this thread dbbtb? :Edwinb2:

What are you basing your opinion on dude? Have you watched him play? Ive been watching the MLS for quite a few years now and he is a fantastic prospect if played in position and given time on the park.

I agree and have watched him in the Under 20 WC and he is a great talent but perhaps overrated, but then we are talking about Americans!

Who cares if Brown ran riot.

We didn't get him FFS, let's move on and focus on what we have!

You do know the thread is about the relative strength of the Old Firm's midfields?