When did we last have a song for a player?

A bit off the point of the thread but Jorge cadete was a belter , sat in the main stand during that era and Ye seen aw the hands gon up in the air in the Copland front to the "he's wan of these" bit , class song from the bears ??

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Before anyone jumps on my back for my post, I'm well aware how utterly dire the atmosphere is at Ibrox and without them it would be worse.

Itll not get any better though as long as they push their cringy pish on people instead of singing about the fact we hate the fucking IRA. 

On Saturday if it wasn't about peados nobody was interested, would honestly never know we're the most successful team in football going by our songbook at the moment.

Also in reference to loyalist songs, very, very easy to sit and judge when you aren't the focus of the police when they are standing filming and not the one who will go to court to debate your future over such things as whether the ycv is sectarian or isn't. We still sing them too but something to keep in mind.

I die a little inside when I hear that Joe Garner song.

The Union Bears' songs are shite.

We had some cracking songs between 2008 and 2011; Cuèllar, Bougherra, Weir, Boyd, Novo, Pedro Mendes, etc.

I liked "Allan McGregor... shags ten birds a night". I don't know if it was ever a widely sung song, but a guy on our old bus used to end every journey with "What's that coming over your wife? Is it McGregor? Shagger McGregooor" to the tune of Monster by The Automatic.

EDIT Too bad he's a fucking ship-jumping traitor fuck.

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Half the shite the union bears sing is fucking embarrassing at best. 

Couldn't agree more , oh oh oh oh oh pish is all ye hear , nobody joins in , mind you it gets ye tickets for games altogether  without having to go in a ballot like the rest of us , how the UB get preferential treatment over the rest of us annoys the shit out of me 

11 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Couldn't agree more , oh oh oh oh oh pish is all ye hear , nobody joins in , mind you it gets ye tickets for games altogether  without having to go in a ballot like the rest of us , how the UB get preferential treatment over the rest of us annoys the shit out of me 

If you think our ticket office could manage such an arrangement I want some of what you're taking:happy:

Anyone who sits in BF1 and is lucky enough to be allocated a ticket for a game at Hampden is put in a seat somewhere in the B1 section, this in actual fact saves fans at the game less grief.

There wasn't much luck needed in getting a ticket on Saturday though, apart from ticking the right boxes on the Season Ticket form I think an extremely unfortunate 700 missed out from what I hear.

14 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

The lowest I've felt as a bluenose was not the 5-1 defeat at Parkhead, but instead hearing the Union Bears singing Eurasia's A Little Respect at Ibrox.

As hilarious as that 5-1 defeat.

Everyone's got an opinion on songs and are very different in many ways. Thing about Little respect is that was around way, way before the UB was a thing and heard many a mwi bear sing it. Some songs at the football are just stupid and a laugh, not everything is serious whether you find it funny or no.

2 hours ago, Paisleybear1872 said:

On Saturday if it wasn't about peados nobody was interested, would honestly never know we're the most successful team in football going by our songbook at the moment.

Also in reference to loyalist songs, very, very easy to sit and judge when you aren't the focus of the police when they are standing filming and not the one who will go to court to debate your future over such things as whether the ycv is sectarian or isn't. We still sing them too but something to keep in mind.

Yeah the paedos chant was clever and funny the first time when it was sang back at them whenever they sing to that tune. But even at Ibrox and Sunday there that was the loudest we were. 

Need to sing more of our songs when we play the scum.

Football was shite and the atmosphere was shite for the Second time this season against them in a semi final

My favourite ever player song was "Sandy In Royal Blue'

He was my favourite player, at the time, and I loved singing it.

SANDY SANDY, SANDY IN ROYAL BLUE

WE'RE HALF CRAZY OVER THE LOVE OF YOU

WE THINK YOU'RE REALLY PERFECT

WHEN WE FUCK THE GLASGOW CELTIC

YOU LOOK SO SWEET

WITH THE BALL AT YOUR FEET

WHY DON'T YOU GIVE US A GOAL OR TWO.

THEN REPEAT....

Sung to the tune of Daisy, Daisy. I think that's what it's called.

7 hours ago, Paisleybear1872 said:

If you think our ticket office could manage such an arrangement I want some of what you're taking:happy:

Anyone who sits in BF1 and is lucky enough to be allocated a ticket for a game at Hampden is put in a seat somewhere in the B1 section, this in actual fact saves fans at the game less grief.

There wasn't much luck needed in getting a ticket on Saturday though, apart from ticking the right boxes on the Season Ticket form I think an extremely unfortunate 700 missed out from what I hear.

Or 700 fortunate fans you could say.  Waste of 30 quid when your team down turn up.

7 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Apart from Halliday and holt - and Gardner - and Wes - ( and let's not forget the magic hat song ? ) it was probably Sebo?

Who is this Gardner guy?? The amount of people i have spoken too or listened too who say Gardner ? embarassing when some fans cant pronounce or spell one of their own players names. Now maybe you made a mistake? 

Waghorns on fire

We've got Joey Garner

Ole Ole Ole, Jason Holt & Halliday

Andy Haliday, Andy Halliday, He Hates The Pope And The ira, Andy Halliday

Jason Holt, Holt, Always Believe In Your Soul .....

Dodoo Dodoo Do Do Do Do Do

Lee Lee Super Lee, Super Lee McCulloch

Oh Harry Harry , Harry Harry Harry Forrester

Oh Barrie Barrie, Barrie Barrie Barrie McKay

3 hours ago, M0NTY said:

Who is this Gardner guy?? The amount of people i have spoken too or listened too who say Gardner ? embarassing when some fans cant pronounce or spell one of their own players names. Now maybe you made a mistake? 

Maybe spell checker did it! You'll do well on here as there's no enough grammer ( sic) police! You seem the type. 

6 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Maybe spell checker did it! You'll do well on here as there's no enough grammer ( sic) police! You seem the type. 

You joking i struggle with their & there ? 

I had a cunt at ibrox the other week asked me if "joey gardner" was on...aye for half an hour fs! 

18 minutes ago, M0NTY said:

You joking i struggle with their & there ? 

I had a cunt at ibrox the other week asked me if "joey gardner" was on...aye for half an hour fs! 

Ah at least you can spell cunt! We'll be fine.