Daily Rhebel player assessment

WWTC

Im not providing a link for these cunts. Fraser Wilsons been smokin crack again. 

Pedro Caixinha faces major Rangers headache over player clearout

Thirteen players are contracted to the club for two or more years – and six of them are there until 2020.

BYFRASER WILSONDARREN COONEY 

13:23, 30 APR 2017

Pedro Caixinha faces a rebuilding job of epic proportions in the summer as he attempts to turn Rangers into a credible force. 

The Portuguese spoke of his transfer plans in the immediate aftermath of another annihilation at the hands of Celtic . 

Caixinha hinted he will sign players he knows, men with whom he has previously worked – guys he can trust. 

But bringing in new faces is one thing. Perhaps the biggest task he faces will be to clear out players he does not want.

And the scale of that task can be laid bare with the sheer number who are contracted for two or more years.

Caixinha has a huge rebuilding job ahead of him(Photo: SNS)

Of the 24 players in the first-team squad, 13 have deals until 2019 or longer and six are tied to the club until 2020.

Andy Halliday, Jason Holt, Michael O’Halloran all have three more years left on their contracts and are paid wages few potential suitors would be able to match.

Having stars on extended deals is good news if they are assets. But if they are surplus to requirements those contracts can become onerous.

Wes Foderingham – May 2019

The keeper has been one of the few to earn pass marks this season, and was the main reason why Rangers limited Celtic to just two goals in the Scottish Cup semi-final last week.

One to keep? Definite.

Jak Alnwick – May 2020

Foderingham’s understudy has yet to feature for the first team since being signed in January for a fee of around £200,000.

One to keep? Who knows?

Philippe Senderos – out of contract in May

Perhaps Mark Warburton’s worst signing, the Swiss defender has been an unmitigated disaster.

One to keep? No.

Danny Wilson – May 2018

The defender suffers from inconsistency. At times he looks like he might be returning to the form that saw him signed by Liverpool. But he was ragdolled all over the park on Saturday.

One to keep? Probably.

Clint Hill has been good for Rangers

Clint Hill – May 2017

Like Foderingham he has been one of the few performers this campaign but at 38 Caixinha will surely be looking for a new centre-back.

One to keep? Probably not.

Rob Kiernan – May 2018

It’s hard to know whether the centre-back has had a season from Hell or is just not good enough. Given he was exposed in last season’s Scottish Cup Final by Hibs, it’s probably the latter.

One to keep? For the remainder of his contract but no more.

David Bates – May 2018

The young defender has something about him, although he is still raw.

One to keep? Yes.

Wallace is adored by the fans

Lee Wallace – May 2019

Rangers’ captain is great going forward but susceptible at the back. But as a stalwart of the Journey, he is highly thought of by the Light Blue legions.

One to keep? Yes.

James Tavernier – May 2019

Like Wallace, he is attacking threat but is poorer than the former Hearts star at defending. However, he is perhaps one of the few players on the club’s books who would interest English Championship clubs.

One to keep? Borderline.

Lee Hodson – May 2019

The Northern Ireland international is the club’s top defending full-back and Rangers’ right side operates best when he is behind Tavernier.

One to keep? Yes.

Halliday has endured a poor season (Photo: SNS Group)

Andy Halliday – May 2020

After a good season in the Championship, Halliday has struggled with the step-up and has become a target of criticism from the fans.

One to keep? Might just be stuck with him.

Emerson Hyndman – loan May 2017

The midfielder looks a player all right but the problem is he’s not Rangers’ player. He’ll be heading back to Bournemouth next month.

One to keep? Caixinha would love to.

Jordan Rossiter has been out for most of the season

Jordan Rossiter – May 2020

The forgotten man of Ibrox. Big things were expected of Rossiter when he signed from Liverpool last summer but a series of injuries have kept the former England Under 19 captain sidelined since August. Caixinha has said he will get a fresh start next season though.

One to keep? Looks likely.

Jason Holt – May 2020

The former Hearts man has been a regular under Caixinha but in the big games has been part of a pedestrian midfield.

One to keep? Might be stuck with him.

Jon Toral – loan May 2017

The Arsenal loanee has looked good in spells but will soon be returning to the Gunners and probably hasn't had enough of an impact to convince Caixinha to make a move.

One to sign? No.

Niko Kranjcar has returned to full training (Photo: SNS Group)

Niko Kranjcar – May 2018

It's been a tough season for the Croatian midfielder. After a slow start he was beginning to show glimpses of his previous best before a season-ending knee injury in October.

One to keep? Probably.

Josh Windass – May 2019

The summer signing from Accrington Stanley has struggled to make an impact at Ibrox. Used primarily off the bench Windass, at best, has flattered to deceive but still has two years left on his contract. A headache for Caixinha.

One to keep? Only for remainder of his contract.

Hot and cold (Photo: SNS Group)

Harry Forrester – May 2019

On his day he can be an absolute nuisance to opposition defences. But like so many of his team-mates the former Doncaster attacking midfielder has blown hot and cold.

One to keep? Probably.

Joe Dodoo – May 2020

A bit of an enigma. Dodoo has looked devastating at times like after coming off the bench in the recent 3-0 win at Pittodrie. But more often than not he's been anonymous.

One to keep? Only if it's too expensive to do otherwise.

Barrie McKay – May 2018

Benched in the main part by Caixinha but McKay remains the most valuable asset at Ibrox. The winger is one of the best in the league on his day but struggles for consistency.

One to keep? Definitely.

Big deal: O’Halloran (Photo: SNS)

Michael O’Halloran – May 2020

A huge decision for Caixinha to make in the summer. The winger was in the bad books after failing to turn up for Under-20 duty a fortnight ago but has since returned to the fold as an unused sub. He still has three years to run on his contract but could potentially attract a fee with his stock still high in Scotland.

One to keep? Summer exit on the cards.

Martyn Waghorn – May 2018

Waghorn tore up the Championship as Warburton's side stormed to the title a year ago. But he not just lost his touch in front of goal on the top tier, he has become something of a joke figure for opposition fans too. Not helped by his chip shop confrontation with a group of cheeky schoolkids of course.

One to keep? No.

Garner has been an expensive flop (Photo: SNS Group)

Joe Garner – May 2019

His early status as cult hero for the Ibrox faithful has quickly turned to £1.8m headless chicken. Eight goals in 31 appearances is hardly a brilliant return.

One to keep? Probably unless Gers can recoup a sizable portion of their fee by selling.

Kenny Miller – May 2018

Player of the year at 37 says it all. The standout performer of a poor season and a new one-year deal bagged last week.

One to keep? Unquestionably yes.

So to summarise, we're keeping most of them ??

Just now, KingKirk said:

I'll be honest I think Pedro will get a player budget of around 10million this summer. Based on player sales etc

As poor as they have been clubs down south can afford to pay 1-2 million without blinking

I dont think he'll get anywhere near that, but I hope i'm wrong. I do, however, think we'll sign alot of height and strength. We need it. Pedro talks about aggression, but as ive said umpteen times over the last few weeks, we simply dont have aggressive players. 

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I'll be honest I think Pedro will get a player budget of around 10million this summer. Based on player sales etc

As poor as they have been clubs down south can afford to pay 1-2 million without blinking

Hope you're right, 1-2 million for almost any of our squad would be tremendous business for us.

2 minutes ago, WWTC said:

I dont think he'll get anywhere near that, but I hope i'm wrong. I do, however, think we'll sign alot of height and strength. We need it. Pedro talks about aggression, but as ive said umpteen times over the last few weeks, we simply dont have aggressive players. 

I just think 1million quid transfer is considered more like a fee transfer down south. Think we could get that for players like Waggy

8 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I just think 1million quid transfer is considered more like a fee transfer down south. Think we could get that for players like Waggy

I see where your coming from mate and do hope your right. I just think, even in the world of wacky transfer fees, whos going to part with £1M for waghorn. The tims would get it nae doubt. 

Players like Forrester, Keirnan, Holt, Ohalloran...no ones paying more than 100k for any of them. Halliday-zero. Garner-christ knows. Its grim. If it meant getting funds to make a team, i wouldnt keep any of them. Including Wallace and Foderingham. Miller, aye, but to be used alot less frequently. 

19 minutes ago, Billy1984 said:

Hope you're right, 1-2 million for almost any of our squad would be tremendous business for us.

Fuck 1 or 2 million for all of them would be good business! Get most off the wage bill!!

Just now, KingKirk said:

aye obviously but we need to replace them.

Don't think it would be hard to replace most of them. Even with bosmans, providing we have the right contacts/scouting(which may be the problem!!)

2 minutes ago, DESGER said:

Don't think it would be hard to replace most of them. Even with bosmans, providing we have the right contacts/scouting(which may be the problem!!)

It's almost cross yer fingers time and hope mate fuckin depressing

4 minutes ago, bluewhitevanman said:

God no please don't let our board see this post 

So what do,you suggest then? They are never going to fund 6-8 new signings at 2m a pop, it'll have to be free transfers, loan deals with maybe 2-3 for a fee at most. They are cheapskates. Don't think for,a second they'll have saved money to one side for this exact moment to say here you go Pedro have £10m for fees and a further 7m for wages.

8 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

So what do,you suggest then? They are never going to fund 6-8 new signings at 2m a pop, it'll have to be free transfers, loan deals with maybe 2-3 for a fee at most. They are cheapskates. Don't think for,a second they'll have saved money to one side for this exact moment to say here you go Pedro have £10m for fees and a further 7m for wages.

I don't think they have anything put aside and fwiw I hate our board they aren't fit for purpose but I hope they don't think we can shop in the bargain isle again and expect different results 

Although under contract for various periods of time and on the face of it stuck with them, I suppose its possible that some may hand in transfer requests and the Club takes it from there in terms of offers received (if any).  For instance, the leakers, the whiners, those who will know they are to be bit part players at best next season, and those don't like the Manager's requirements for training and methods of coaching.  All might be tempted to hand in transfer requests rather than work on under increasingly difficult circumstances while their careers wither out of sight.   I suppose the Club could make it clear publicly or through agents that there are players who can leave if offers are received or, at a push, mutually terminate their contracts. 

I'd have thought that this summer there would be a lot for a DOF to be doing to help the Club not only in shifting players on but in doing the recruitment work to bring players in.  Who does all of this while Robertson is still plodding about fruitlessly trying to land a suitable DOF?   Can't surely be the job of the new Manager.   He signed up in the knowledge that the structure for the club was to be one he was used to operating ie he is head coach and a DOF does the DOFfing bits of work.    This summer is a vital time for recruitment of new players and release of players who need to leave.   Is Robertson as MD doing his job properly by dithering on the appointment of a DOF so that the inability to find a suitable candidate becomes the first Board excuse next season if we get stuck with players we'd rather see gone and don't get the players in that the Manager identifies.    

12 minutes ago, bluewhitevanman said:

I don't think they have anything put aside and fwiw I hate our board they aren't fit for purpose but I hope they don't think we can shop in the bargain isle again and expect different results 

I know what you are saying. I'd much rather have us spend money on quality players but we are where we are whether we like it or not and I dont see any new buyers coming in any time soon.

1 hour ago, WWTC said:

Im not providing a link for these cunts. Fraser Wilsons been smokin crack again. 

Pedro Caixinha faces major Rangers headache over player clearout

Thirteen players are contracted to the club for two or more years – and six of them are there until 2020.

BYFRASER WILSONDARREN COONEY 

13:23, 30 APR 2017

Pedro Caixinha faces a rebuilding job of epic proportions in the summer as he attempts to turn Rangers into a credible force. 

The Portuguese spoke of his transfer plans in the immediate aftermath of another annihilation at the hands of Celtic . 

Caixinha hinted he will sign players he knows, men with whom he has previously worked – guys he can trust. 

But bringing in new faces is one thing. Perhaps the biggest task he faces will be to clear out players he does not want.

And the scale of that task can be laid bare with the sheer number who are contracted for two or more years.

Caixinha has a huge rebuilding job ahead of him(Photo: SNS)

Of the 24 players in the first-team squad, 13 have deals until 2019 or longer and six are tied to the club until 2020.

Andy Halliday, Jason Holt, Michael O’Halloran all have three more years left on their contracts and are paid wages few potential suitors would be able to match.

Having stars on extended deals is good news if they are assets. But if they are surplus to requirements those contracts can become onerous.

Wes Foderingham – May 2019

The keeper has been one of the few to earn pass marks this season, and was the main reason why Rangers limited Celtic to just two goals in the Scottish Cup semi-final last week.

One to keep? Definite.

Jak Alnwick – May 2020

Foderingham’s understudy has yet to feature for the first team since being signed in January for a fee of around £200,000.

One to keep? Who knows?

Philippe Senderos – out of contract in May

Perhaps Mark Warburton’s worst signing, the Swiss defender has been an unmitigated disaster.

One to keep? No.

Danny Wilson – May 2018

The defender suffers from inconsistency. At times he looks like he might be returning to the form that saw him signed by Liverpool. But he was ragdolled all over the park on Saturday.

One to keep? Probably.

Clint Hill has been good for Rangers

Clint Hill – May 2017

Like Foderingham he has been one of the few performers this campaign but at 38 Caixinha will surely be looking for a new centre-back.

One to keep? Probably not.

Rob Kiernan – May 2018

It’s hard to know whether the centre-back has had a season from Hell or is just not good enough. Given he was exposed in last season’s Scottish Cup Final by Hibs, it’s probably the latter.

One to keep? For the remainder of his contract but no more.

David Bates – May 2018

The young defender has something about him, although he is still raw.

One to keep? Yes.

Wallace is adored by the fans

Lee Wallace – May 2019

Rangers’ captain is great going forward but susceptible at the back. But as a stalwart of the Journey, he is highly thought of by the Light Blue legions.

One to keep? Yes.

James Tavernier – May 2019

Like Wallace, he is attacking threat but is poorer than the former Hearts star at defending. However, he is perhaps one of the few players on the club’s books who would interest English Championship clubs.

One to keep? Borderline.

Lee Hodson – May 2019

The Northern Ireland international is the club’s top defending full-back and Rangers’ right side operates best when he is behind Tavernier.

One to keep? Yes.

Halliday has endured a poor season (Photo: SNS Group)

Andy Halliday – May 2020

After a good season in the Championship, Halliday has struggled with the step-up and has become a target of criticism from the fans.

One to keep? Might just be stuck with him.

Emerson Hyndman – loan May 2017

The midfielder looks a player all right but the problem is he’s not Rangers’ player. He’ll be heading back to Bournemouth next month.

One to keep? Caixinha would love to.

Jordan Rossiter has been out for most of the season

Jordan Rossiter – May 2020

The forgotten man of Ibrox. Big things were expected of Rossiter when he signed from Liverpool last summer but a series of injuries have kept the former England Under 19 captain sidelined since August. Caixinha has said he will get a fresh start next season though.

One to keep? Looks likely.

Jason Holt – May 2020

The former Hearts man has been a regular under Caixinha but in the big games has been part of a pedestrian midfield.

One to keep? Might be stuck with him.

Jon Toral – loan May 2017

The Arsenal loanee has looked good in spells but will soon be returning to the Gunners and probably hasn't had enough of an impact to convince Caixinha to make a move.

One to sign? No.

Niko Kranjcar has returned to full training (Photo: SNS Group)

Niko Kranjcar – May 2018

It's been a tough season for the Croatian midfielder. After a slow start he was beginning to show glimpses of his previous best before a season-ending knee injury in October.

One to keep? Probably.

Josh Windass – May 2019

The summer signing from Accrington Stanley has struggled to make an impact at Ibrox. Used primarily off the bench Windass, at best, has flattered to deceive but still has two years left on his contract. A headache for Caixinha.

One to keep? Only for remainder of his contract.

Hot and cold (Photo: SNS Group)

Harry Forrester – May 2019

On his day he can be an absolute nuisance to opposition defences. But like so many of his team-mates the former Doncaster attacking midfielder has blown hot and cold.

One to keep? Probably.

Joe Dodoo – May 2020

A bit of an enigma. Dodoo has looked devastating at times like after coming off the bench in the recent 3-0 win at Pittodrie. But more often than not he's been anonymous.

One to keep? Only if it's too expensive to do otherwise.

Barrie McKay – May 2018

Benched in the main part by Caixinha but McKay remains the most valuable asset at Ibrox. The winger is one of the best in the league on his day but struggles for consistency.

One to keep? Definitely.

Big deal: O’Halloran (Photo: SNS)

Michael O’Halloran – May 2020

A huge decision for Caixinha to make in the summer. The winger was in the bad books after failing to turn up for Under-20 duty a fortnight ago but has since returned to the fold as an unused sub. He still has three years to run on his contract but could potentially attract a fee with his stock still high in Scotland.

One to keep? Summer exit on the cards.

Martyn Waghorn – May 2018

Waghorn tore up the Championship as Warburton's side stormed to the title a year ago. But he not just lost his touch in front of goal on the top tier, he has become something of a joke figure for opposition fans too. Not helped by his chip shop confrontation with a group of cheeky schoolkids of course.

One to keep? No.

Garner has been an expensive flop (Photo: SNS Group)

Joe Garner – May 2019

His early status as cult hero for the Ibrox faithful has quickly turned to £1.8m headless chicken. Eight goals in 31 appearances is hardly a brilliant return.

One to keep? Probably unless Gers can recoup a sizable portion of their fee by selling.

Kenny Miller – May 2018

Player of the year at 37 says it all. The standout performer of a poor season and a new one-year deal bagged last week.

One to keep? Unquestionably yes.

So to summarise, we're keeping most of them ??

TBH I agree with most of his assessment of our players.

10 minutes ago, geronimoo said:

TBH I agree with most of his assessment of our players.

We're talking about clear outs, we've just watched our team get fucked 5-1 at home, and hes keepin most of them. Harry Forrester ffs?

3 minutes ago, Gaffbear said:

I'd get shot of waghorn garner MOH  Forrester halliday holt Kiernan Tav ..id love to get £5m the lot 

They'd be good in the lower reaches of the championship or league one but not to take us forward and play in Europe 

Aye, so we would we all. You'd be lucky to get £1M though

1 minute ago, WWTC said:

We're talking about clear outs, we've just watched our team get fucked 5-1 at home, and hes keepin most of them. Harry Forrester ffs?

TBH we won't get rid of them, ideally we would scrap the lot and move on but even if the board stump up 10million (which would no doubt include wages) we still couldn't buy enough. Pedro needs to look at the squad and decide who is rank rotten and should be punted, who has potential to get better and come good, and who can be kept as a squad player.

Waggy, Halliday, Kiernan etc are lost causes and need to go, I think Windass and Forrester are players who could get better, guys like Holt and Wilson can be decent squad players.

1 hour ago, WWTC said:

Great so rather than having a team full of lower league English players who are Warburton & McParlands mates we will have a squad that is full of lower league Portugese players and Caixinha's mates.

It's an absolute embarasament that just two years after doing it we are in a position where we need to rebuild the entire squad again.