Pre season

12 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Copenhagen is a nice city I fancy Stockholm never been there but would really like to tour the back towns way out the road the harbour towns and mountain villages etc 

Stockholm is a very nice city as well. The Danes and Swedes argue all the time about what city is the Capital of Scandinavia. I would say Copenhagen, but I might be biased.

I would definitely recommend a Scandinavian road trup. Some great roads and scenery. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it not mentioned we were going to be playing in some tournament down England? Along with Liverpool and a few other teams? I'm sure I seen something about it, fuck knows, was probably a wind up or something 

RANGERS are set to play a glamour pre-season tournament against the likes of Liverpool and PSV Eindhoven…at the unlikely setting of English non-league side Nuneaton Town.

Pedro Caixinha’s side are set for a return to European football for the first time in five years next season.

14 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

RANGERS are set to play a glamour pre-season tournament against the likes of Liverpool and PSV Eindhoven…at the unlikely setting of English non-league side Nuneaton Town.

Pedro Caixinha’s side are set for a return to European football for the first time in five years next season.

They've described it as glamour and it's PSV's youth or reserves.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

They've described it as glamour and it's PSV's youth or reserves.

Aye. Don't think we'll get many fans in that wee ground either. Not the kinda trip we're after

Another Sheff Wed, Derby or Blackpool will do just nicely 

There's videos put on YouTube from fans of the teams I mentioned above of Rangers fans singing, and they're calling us the best support they've ever seen/heard etc. Just pre-season friendlies as well :lol: amazing.

Same with Portsmouth and Bristol City ones as well. And the Emirates Cup

Normally I'd say that I want a big name at Ibrox and a wee away trip down south. But all I care about now is that we have a proper pre season to get us ready for challenging,  don't care if I've never heard of the teams or if games are played behind closed doors, the team getting a proper warm up for next season is more important to me than having a good swally at an away trip.

We've wasted so many pre seasons recently and we can't afford to waste this one

if we draw a side currently half way through their season(summer league) could be dodgy. New Pedro signings will need some time to get their head round the club they just signed for is the biggest their ever play against let alone play for and what is expected every game....so not thinking group stage tbh. 3rd q round min. for me but will be hard even at that level.

2 hours ago, Rosebery1872 said:

if we draw a side currently half way through their season(summer league) could be dodgy. New Pedro signings will need some time to get their head round the club they just signed for is the biggest their ever play against let alone play for and what is expected every game....so not thinking group stage tbh. 3rd q round min. for me but will be hard even at that level.

No new signings can play till after the first qualifying round 

On 03/05/2017 at 8:55 PM, Three stripes said:

Has albuferia got a fitba team?

Only one in the south of Portugal is Olhanense who play in the second division. Olhano is near Faro airport but ground only holds 5,000.

http://www.myfootygrounds.co.uk/CountryMap.asp?country=Portugal

In July all of Portugal will be having good weather, and personally I prefer the north and the big cities Lisbon and Porto

I posted recently in the off-topic about the football ground which (in my opinion) has the best views in football.  Beleneses of Lisbon who are the third team of Lisbon. It is also a beautiful stadium in itself.  I would love to go and watch us there.

Restelo-Stadium.jpg

This is another view of the Beleneses stadium, in the background are the high flats of the old slum Benfica district, which has been transformed in to a modern office area. Benfica and Sportig Lisbon, who Pedro was a coach at, play within a few miles of each other there. 

aerial-view-of-the-soccer-team-os-belene

4 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

No new signings can play till after the first qualifying round 

Makes it Tricky when a good few players know they will be there seeing out their contracts rather than playing.

11 minutes ago, Smile said:

Makes it Tricky when a good few players know tiney will be there seeing out their contracts rather than playing.

A real pro would use such games to change the mind of PC before he brings IN any replacement for them.

Just now, piperpete said:

A real pro would use such games to change the mind of PC before he brings IN any replacement for them.

Sadly for us I don't think we have Players that think like that.

17 minutes ago, Smile said:

Sadly for us I don't think we have Players that think like that.

Sadly your right but thats what a real pro should be doing, they are more like spoilt bratts than pro footballers, remember players fromyears ago who never had the skills but had heart pride and determination like Alex Miller at us Ally Brazil at Hibs and Anton Rogan who all loved their jobs and workec and tried harder than others who had skill to remain footballers. This lot we have take a wage.

12 hours ago, piperpete said:

Better going to Japan and be trailblazers just I Game then home.

If I go to Japan I might not come home again.

If the kiddy fiddlers go to Japan there's gonna be a lot of confused Japanese schoolgirls when the bheasts start trying to chat up the boys.

8 minutes ago, Beardownsouth said:

Todays papers saying Rangers pre season will take place at home and not leave Scotland, 3 games to be played.

if there is any chance to progress in the europa league games to the group stages rangers should play more games

skip those trips to usa - many clubs from spain, england, italy enter austria, playing 4th and 5th tier opposition getting practice, building a system and their game plans...