Who could have predicted the way this season topped out?

pcbear

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The writing was on the wall when we didn't replace MW after the Scottish Cup humiliation. His impending failure was clear to anyone who wished to see. The board had failed the club, they have failed the club and fans. It's not a transition season, we've not been unlucky, we've not been hard done by, we've been run by a shower of absolute imposters who know nothing about the game of football and we've been fucking shite. Bottom line. 

On 12/05/2017 at 7:16 AM, pcbear said:

Before the first game v Hamilton, packed Ibrox with the atmosphere crackling, our "box office" signings ready to run riot in the SPL, the fans thinking here we go we can do it this season(i was anyway).

That was as good as it got, anyway what a disaster of a season this turned out.

Over to you Pedro.

Dave king probably had some idea how bad it would turn out 

I envisaged we would comfortably get a top 4 finish, which we did. Really didn't see us finishing so far behind that lot or showing so fucking poor against them.

Next season I think we will get a very secure second place, still a bit off them but will give them a bit of a fright and build again for a big push the following season.

I think I got caught up in the wave of excitement.  Looking back, my optimism was misplaced and it was probably there to see but I chose not to!

i was still optimistic even after the second Hampden game which with hindsight was naieve!

i have no optimism about next season!

I expected to get 2nd place and a lot closer to the other lot.  

A big part of the failings this season rest with Warburton.   He had nowhere near strong and effective enough leadership qualities to get the very best out of the squad, even an injury depleted squad.  Summer signings were ineffective.  Massively ineffective and not good enough for Rangers' standards.   Warburton himself was, imo, the equivalent of a trainspotter who found himself in charge of a great railway system called Rangers.........and it proved to be miles beyond his capabilities.   Same goes for his sidekicks Weir and McParland.  They came from nowhere, managed to get us out of the Championship but were hopelessly out of their depth in the SPFL, and have now returned to nowhere.  They left a legacy of a squad that was not fit for purpose to be dismantled and in need of rebuild with players who are fit for purpose.  

It's yet to be seen whether Pedro can engineer the sort of emphatic turnround needed to achieve a Rangers side that tackles the league as a Rangers side should be tackling it and being a truly credible title-challenging side.  As we were at the start of last season a lot depends on whether the manager has the leadership and coaching ability to get the very best out of the team in each game, and whether the Board backs him with enough money to get players who are a vast improvement on the current squad, and whether he can actually sign the players he wants to sign.