Far Cry 5

Jamie0202

34 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Bought this a couple of days ago on my Xbox, still waiting for it to finish downloading 

It does take a while.

I will say watch out for the turkeys, skunks, cougar, bears, bears on drugs, and have a shotgun handy as soon as you can unlock the third weapon slot, you'll need it for cult vips and angels, who take multiple shots to kill, even to the head.

Just reached the finale and I'm so fucking pissed off.

Ok it's Far Cry I expect moral ambiguity but this ending, I mean, what the fuck were they thinking?

Here's a huge tip. When you've killed off all of Joseph's family, delete the game. Seriously, you do not want to play either the fight or walk away ending. Just delete it and stick it on eBay, that's what I'll be doing with mine.

Bastards at Ubisoft.

5 hours ago, big blue Fin said:

Just reached the finale and I'm so fucking pissed off.

Ok it's Far Cry I expect moral ambiguity but this ending, I mean, what the fuck were they thinking?

Here's a huge tip. When you've killed off all of Joseph's family, delete the game. Seriously, you do not want to play either the fight or walk away ending. Just delete it and stick it on eBay, that's what I'll be doing with mine.

Bastards at Ubisoft.

one of the most disappointing endings i've witnessed mate,worse than mass effect 3,which i'd never thought i'd find myself saying.was fucking raging.

thought i'd got the bad ending,so i watched the other on youtube,nope just as fucking bad.

i never trade in games,but this piece of shite is going towards god of war in 2 weeks,the game itself was decent,but fuck going through all that again,and you can understand why mate.

2 hours ago, watty. said:

one of the most disappointing endings i've witnessed mate,worse than mass effect 3,which i'd never thought i'd find myself saying.was fucking raging.

thought i'd got the bad ending,so i watched the other on youtube,nope just as fucking bad.

i never trade in games,but this piece of shite is going towards god of war in 2 weeks,the game itself was decent,but fuck going through all that again,and you can understand why mate.

I loved the rest of the game although I can't get "Only You" out of my head for some reason, I suppose it could have been worse the thought of being unable to get "You'll Never Walk Alone" out of my head is terrifying.

Have to ask though, and look away if you've not fought FAITH!, how ambiguous was her death(?) scene? She used the Bliss for all sorts of stuff so can we even be sure she's dead?

I did enjoy the hunting and fishing sequences but I'm pissed because I was going to try for all the county records in the fishing. Bad writing spoils another excellent game.

I'm struggling with a mission with Adeladie when you take her chopper to find boats.

Not struggling because it's hard just rage inducing. I've done it 3 times. 2 times enemies appear and shoot her out the chopper, 1st time I done it I wasn't looking then I was dead same again for the 2nd time. 3rd time I tried it Faith has planes after me now and they just shoot me down too fast :lol:

8 hours ago, aird said:

I'm struggling with a mission with Adeladie when you take her chopper to find boats.

Not struggling because it's hard just rage inducing. I've done it 3 times. 2 times enemies appear andgshoot her out the chopper, 1st time I done itremembersn't looking then I was dead same again for the 2nd time. 3rd time I tried it Faith has planes after me now and they just shoot me down too fast :lol:

Here's a tip.

Adelaide is a lousy pilot send her back to the GFH pool and Tulip is an unarmoured piece of junk. When you die though you should respawn in the chopper and it's easier without her shooting fuck out of the boats when you need to track them.

Fighting planes in a chopper is easy, once you get some practice. The left stick rotates the chopper slowly, but the right stick will spin you when used together. Just remember you've got good guns on that old bird and the planes can be a bit fragile when they have decent bullets hammering into the nose. Just don't run out of ammo, also there's a perk you can get which repairs any vehicle you're driving, steering, piloting. 

On 4/10/2018 at 10:14, big blue Fin said:

2 minutes ago, big blue Fin said:

Better acting and production values than many movies from games.

Proves that Far Cry 5 would make a great tv show, although they might want to change the ending.

Could be a solution to the shite movie/gaming genre that has failed for several years now. Don't make the movie on the game storyline, set it before. It might even get more folk to buy the game and see where it goes after the film and vice versa.

4 hours ago, CooperSF said:

Could be a solution to the shite movie/gaming genre that has failed for several years now. Don't make the movie on the game storyline, set it before. It might even get more folk to buy the game and see where it goes after the film and vice versa.

There were tasters in the game regarding the backstroke of the various Seed family members but seeing these people being played by real actors and by God didn't the guy playing Joseph look and feel the part?

Despite the ending this may possibly be one of the most engaging games I've ever played.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, big blue Fin said:

We did warn you.

Apart from that I do love the game.

Love the Arcade psrt of the game though all those opttions for fun.

I never read the warning. I came in to the thread a few weeks ago and noticed a post talking about the ending so I immediately closed the thread in case there were any spoilers. I never read the posts properly until I actually finished the game.

I had read reviews before I bought it which were all critical of the story bit still decided to buy any way as I've always been a fan of the Far Cry series and Ubisoft games in general (despite the criticism they often get). I thought the story wouldn't matter that much and that reviewers were possibly being too harsh (as they were with most Assassin's Creeds from 3 onwards IMO). I was wrong. As much as I enjoyed the core gameplay that ending completely wasted it for me and will genuinely make me wary in future when the next Far Cry comes out. Purely based on that last 5 minutes I would recommend to anyone NOT to play this game. That's how strongly I feel.

• 3 weeks later...