Lies, Damned Lies & Invincibles

The Dude

Just now, davis1986 said:

Fair enough but who will write about it? Surely a person working in the media should be doing it or does that make them part of the cover up to by not writing anything about it 

What have you written or done about it? Does it make you part of the cover up? Not sure if you've been following it but it was people working in the media who tracked torbett down the the US where he was hiding, people working in the media who forced his return to the uk where he was arrested and people working in the media who brought the story back into the publics attention. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

What have you written or done about it? Does it make you part of the cover up? Not sure if you've been following it but it was people working in the media who tracked torbett down the the US where he was hiding, people working in the media who forced his return to the uk where he was arrested and people working in the media who brought the story back into the publics attention. 

and it was people in the English media who started writing about their historical abuse whereas it seems that the Scottish equivalents then had to follow suit which was sadly all reactive 

Just now, Bad Robot said:

and it was people in the English media who started writing about their historical abuse whereas it seems that the Scottish equivalents then had to follow suit which was sadly all reactive 

Because it needs a victim or witness to come forward before there's anything to push ahead with. Until the allegations started down south there wasn't anyone up here, that I'm aware of, who was willing to come forward. That all changed once the allegations down south emerged.

22 hours ago, The Dude said:

There's a famous quote, popularised by Mark Twain and erroneously attributed to former British Prime Minister Benjamin Disreali, that says, "there are three kinds of lies; lies, damned lies and statistics". At a time where everyone is falling over themselves in the rush to canonise Brendan Rodgers and his 'Invincibles', the quote has never seemed more suited to Scottish football as Rangers fans are left wondering if they simply imagined the treble-winning 1992/93 season that saw Rangers go an astonishing 44 games unbeaten in ALL competitions.

Read more: http://www.gotthebattlefeveron.com/2017/5/31/15718242/lies-damned-lies-invincibles-spfl-rangers-celtic

Excellent piece

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

I'm not a "blogger" or  a journalist so anything I have written about it is on here. So yes I have wrote about but difference is your working for the media so can hit a larger audience than mine which is just rangers fans and lurkers. So yeah I do think you are part of the cover up in the media as you do work in media. I liked your piece there but feel I've hit a nerve with you regarding that. Just be happy to pick up ur pay check and be quiet regarding the real stories in Scottish football media and history 

Just now, davis1986 said:

I'm not a "blogger" or  a journalist so anything I have written about it is on here. So yes I have wrote about but difference is your working for the media so can hit a larger audience than mine which is just rangers fans and lurkers. So yeah I do think you are part of the cover up in the media as you do work in media. I liked your piece there but feel I've hit a nerve with you regarding that. Just be happy to pick up ur pay check and be quiet regarding the real stories in Scottish football media and history 

Then go start a blog. It's EXACTLY what I did. It's worked out fairly well for me so far. I'm working for the media writing a fan blog about Rangers. I'm not there as a 'journalist' to gather news stories and report them but give my opinion on Rangers. If you think a blog about historic sexual abuse at football clubs is something thats suited to a fan blog on Rangers then I couldn't disagree more. 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Then go start a blog. It's EXACTLY what I did. It's worked out fairly well for me so far. I'm working for the media writing a fan blog about Rangers. I'm not there as a 'journalist' to gather news stories and report them but give my opinion on Rangers. If you think a blog about historic sexual abuse at football clubs is something thats suited to a fan blog on Rangers then I couldn't disagree more. 

Don't think I'd last too long being a "blogger" as I would refuse to be censored and told what to write by the the record 

23 hours ago, The Dude said:

Maybe they will, maybe they won't. Who knows. If they do then so be it. It won't be the end of the world. I'll keep doing what I've been doing with GTBFO and continue writing about Rangers. It wasn't something I'd applied for or anticipated being offered, so I can't say losing it would be something that would force a drastic rethink of my plans. 

I'll be in good company with you though if I come on here and start moaning. Maybe you could give me some tips on how to bleat and whine about everything and anything while doing the square root of fuck all.

If they do mate I hope you out the cunts for being scum puppets.

Cracking article great read