Pedro Reacts to EL Draw

Guest Lloyd72

Guest Lloyd72

PEDRO CAIXINHA insists Rangers will be ready for the challenge of Progrès Niederkorn when they visit Ibrox next Thursday in the club’s long-awaited return to Europe.

The Light Blues will take-on the Luxembourgers in the Europa League first-qualifying round after the draw was made in Nyon, Switzerland earlier this afternoon.

And Caixinha has pledged to do everything he can to have Gers ready for what will be a special night at Ibrox next week.

He told RangersTV.tv exclusively: “We have started to collect our information. We know they are going to have a couple of matches before we play against them, so we want to be present. We want to analyse them and we want to do our homework.

“Of course, thinking about our team but also knowing about the opponent we are going to face. The return of Rangers to Europe is important for the club and we are going to do everything to be in the group stage.

“Of course, this is the first step and the first level, and we need to pass through it.”

The fact Luxembourg is only a short flight away compared to some of the draws Gers could have had was also welcomed by Caixinha.

He added: “That is a benefit. It will be our first match and for the recovery process of the team it is good not to have a long trip.

“We are just waiting to hear when the second leg will be, so I am waiting to know to organise the plan and everything is going according to our first expectations of the process regarding to the plan.”

Meanwhile, Rangers Managing Director Stewart Robertson welcomed the draw and expressed his delight at seeing the club back in Europe once more.

He explained: “The European arena is one in which Rangers should always be involved and it is a real pleasure to see our club back on that platform. Being in today’s draw in Geneva is a further sign that normal service is being resumed at Rangers and every single fan of this club should be proud that European football is returning to Ibrox. It is another opportunity for us to showcase everything that is good about Rangers and I can’t wait.”

Just now, MisterBlueSky said:

Today has been good and it gets us excited. Starting to almost forget last season and look forward with Pedro and his team.

Over 40k season tickets sold.

New players arriving every week

European draw made and bears booking the trip.

:cheers:

Aye for Belfast to bump into your mob on the 11th..

I'm confident enough to book my passage to to wherever the EL Final is being played, and apply to UEFA, for a match ticket. 16 games to play before we get to the final. Imagine if we did get all the way to the final, that would be some record of games to be played in a UEFA competition, and winning it, yeah? ???

Sorry! I'm just getting too excited, just like I used to as a schoolboy in 1972. My first European game, ECWC semifinal versus the great Bayern Munich, a team full of players who would go on to win the World Cup for W. Germany 2 years later.

4 minutes ago, Thewhitesettler said:

I'm confident enough to book my passage to to wherever the EL Final is being played, and apply to UEFA, for a match ticket. 16 games to play before we get to the final. Imagine if we did get all the way to the final, that would be some record of games to be played in a UEFA competition, and winning it, yeah? ???

Sorry! I'm just getting too excited, just like I used to as a schoolboy in 1972. My first European game, ECWC semifinal versus the great Bayern Munich, a team full of players who would go on to win the World Cup for W. Germany 2 years later.

Put the Whisky away mate!

Love your optimism tho...:UK: