Record Blog - I expect Rangers to win the title this season

The Dude

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, thebooler said:

Why the fuck are we even paying any attention tae anything that's in that rhag of a fukkin paper.

I'd suggest we don't even mention it on here.

Christ, a couple weeks ago you were quite insistent on what I wrote for them, now you don't even want them mentioned?

Quite funny too that the title says record blog, you replied a few times THEN wanted it to not be mentioned.

17 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Our squad is just a good as theirs. One or two of their standout players look like theyre off and their new head of recruitment is a dud who may struggle to replace them with similar quality. Their manager has a track record of failing in his second season and they won't carry last season's form throughout next season. And to be quite honest, they are nowhere near as good as some want to think they are.

We've brought in a good manager who has massively improved our squad with his signings. Brought in players who have won titles elsewhere (Alves, Pena) and others who are highly-rated, not to mention the captain of 'Scottish football's new second force'.

Nonsense. :lol: 

They finished 40 odd points ahead of us, and we've added a handful of players that we largely know fuck all about (aside from Alves who's 35, and Jack). 

They still have their strongest players as it stands. 

7 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Nonsense. :lol: 

They finished 40 odd points ahead of us, and we've added a handful of players that we largely know fuck all about (aside from Alves who's 35, and Jack). 

They still have their strongest players as it stands. 

30 odd ahead. Serious question, do you think the manager knows fuck all about these signings? Or even some fans? I knew fuck all about Mols, GVB, Jelavic before they came here but they done no too bad.

AS it stands, they do still have them but Id be surprised if that's the case come september

10 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

Fuck giving the DR any hits:

With regards to us taking the title this season, I would hope so - but can't see it as we haven't spent enough to challenge the bheasts. Yes, the board need to be applauded for our signings, but they're not exactly 'blue chip signings'. It's all on the cheap.

Before I'm shot down, I don't think they have any great team, but they have 'seasons' over us where as we're rebuilding from scratch.

Hardly all on the cheap 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Virtuoso will find reason to moan when we lift 55.

Never mind that whats the Gers St Johstone score?.....you did your bit in the record to pay the bills....what about telling us what we really want to know :)

11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

30 odd ahead. Serious question, do you think the manager knows fuck all about these signings? Or even some fans? I knew fuck all about Mols, GVB, Jelavic before they came here but they done no too bad.

AS it stands, they do still have them but Id be surprised if that's the case come september

Obviously not. Stupid question quite frankly. 

I'm all for hoping and wanting, but I can't see how anyone can genuinely argue that our squad is stronger than theirs - unless of course you were just trying to gain favour after your brutal drop in popularity following your recent career move and subsequent opinion pieces. 

27 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Christ, a couple weeks ago you were quite insistent on what I wrote for them, now you don't even want them mentioned?

Quite funny too that the title says record blog, you replied a few times THEN wanted it to not be mentioned.

Aye, and you were insistent on what ye wouldn't write for them, so my feelings remain the same about the rhag and anything that's written in it.

Links to it shouldn't be allowed on any Rangers forum.

Copy & Paste. 

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Obviously not. Stupid question quite frankly. 

I'm all for hoping and wanting, but I can't see how anyone can genuinely argue that our squad is stronger than theirs - unless of course you were just trying to gain favour after your brutal drop in popularity following your recent career move and subsequent opinion pieces. 

Aye, that's it. I expect Rangers to win the league so some folk I've never met, nor likely will, like me on an anonymous football forum. Although,  I'd say there was a brutal drop in my popularity. The same folk who didn't like me/my posts still don't like me and the ones who liked me/my posts still do.

Just now, thebooler said:

Aye, and you were insistent on what ye wouldn't write for them, so my feelings remain the same about the rhag and anything that's written in it.

Links to it shouldn't be allowed on any Rangers forum.

Copy & Paste. 

Make your mind up man. You've went from not wanting it mentioned and me banned to happily engaging with it to not wanting it mentioned to wanting it C&P.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Make your mind up man. You've went from not wanting it mentioned and me banned to happily engaging with it to not wanting it mentioned to wanting it C&P.

I want it copied and pasted IF it's going to be on here at all.

Simples.

11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Aye, that's it. I expect Rangers to win the league so some folk I've never met, nor likely will, like me on an anonymous football forum. Although,  I'd say there was a brutal drop in my popularity. The same folk who didn't like me/my posts still don't like me and the ones who liked me/my posts still do.

You've pedalled that out a few times, yet you continuously post links to your universally disliked blog for a paper that's widely considered as an absolute gutter rag by the Rangers support.

If you couldn't care less what anyone thinks, why do you keep posting it and attempting to justify it when it's subsequently widely condemened? In the hope of gaining additional hits, which funnily enough would only come if people actually liked it or you. 

Anyway - totally off topic. It's unrealistic to consider our squad to be superior to theirs. We've done nothing to justify that view. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

We better get back under our rock then and hope they let us do well sometime in the future.

it was ballsy if nothing else and i don't care if they think we are deluded - all clubs need to try and win the league it's the only way all fans should behave.

11 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

You've pedalled that out a few times, yet you continuously post links to your universally disliked blog for a paper that's widely considered as an absolute gutter rag by the Rangers support.

If you couldn't care less what anyone thinks, why do you keep posting it and attempting to justify it when it's subsequently widely condemened? In the hope of gaining additional hits, which funnily enough would only come if people actually liked it or you. 

Anyway - totally off topic. It's unrealistic to consider our squad to be superior to theirs. We've done nothing to justify that view. 

Continually - 3 times.

Why wouldn't I promote my work somewhere where, despite the protestations otherwise, there are quite a few who do read it? Why wouldnt I post it somewhere where a number of the posters on here have asked me to continue to do so as they enjoy my stuff? The title is clear on my blog posts (I always put the name of where its posted in the title normally) so if people don't want to read it then all they have to do is avoid the thread with the title 'Record blog' in it. For some reason though they dont.

They might be considered a gutter rag by the support but by fuck do the Rangers support read it and comment on it and even buy it.

3 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

it was ballsy if nothing else and i don't care if they think we are deluded - all clubs need to try and win the league it's the only way all fans should behave.

They think we're deid anyway. Fuck what they think.

Just now, The Dude said:

They think we're deid anyway. Fuck what they think.

They can't live without us; Twitter must be where the send all their Bams - because not one of them comments' on their own club..i fully think we gave them an inferiority complex that they can't let go of. Every RFC post on a website no matter how obscure...first comment is always by a sevcoer - they must trawl our pages everyday. If we even got close this season....as in into the final month(s) and only a few points in it, you would see them have an absolute melt down...and the dodgy refs thing would be where they would apply their pressure.....and the pressure they would put on their team would be immense.

Just now, Spiderpig said:

They can't live without us; Twitter must be where the send all their Bams - because not one of them comments' on their own club..i fully think we gave them an inferiority complex that they can't let go of. Every RFC post on a website no matter how obscure...first comment is always by a sevcoer - they must trawl our pages everyday. If we even got close this season....as in into the final month(s) and only a few points in it, you would see them have an absolute melt down...and the dodgy refs thing would be where they would apply their pressure.....and the pressure they would put on their team would be immense.

I had literally thousands of tweets from them yesterday when that was published. It was even the top story on Celtic's NewsNow page for much of yesterday :lol:

I noticed the tarrier blogger has responded to your piece with the usual "our first ever title" stuff. Would love if in your next blog you brought in the UEFA SPFL SFA ECA ASA etc etc websites,indeed I have no idea why your employers even allow this sort of lie to be published,it is after all an attack on not only the club but the long and illustrious history of the club,the rhecord itself acknowledges the club is the same " Rangers will this season be playing in the Scottish Premiership, having won the Championship. The club has claimed a host of trophies, including a world record 54 league titles and appeared in four European finals, winning the Cup Winners' Cup in 1972" so why does it allow this nonsense to even be printed?

2 hours ago, Bristoe1872 said:

I noticed the tarrier blogger has responded to your piece with the usual "our first ever title" stuff. Would love if in your next blog you brought in the UEFA SPFL SFA ECA ASA etc etc websites,indeed I have no idea why your employers even allow this sort of lie to be published,it is after all an attack on not only the club but the long and illustrious history of the club,the rhecord itself acknowledges the club is the same " Rangers will this season be playing in the Scottish Premiership, having won the Championship. The club has claimed a host of trophies, including a world record 54 league titles and appeared in four European finals, winning the Cup Winners' Cup in 1972" so why does it allow this nonsense to even be printed?

Tbh, I've not read it. Someone tagged me on twitter in one of the tweets. At a guess they'll let it slide because it's a 'fans view' rather than actual mis-reporting of facts. I'll have a wee nosey at it later and see what he had to say but I'm fairly comfortable that, if he felt the need to respond to it, he's feeling a bit rattled. ?

Edit: just read it there and didn't see anything about it being our first title.