Formation

Jackal

Does anyone think we will drop this horrendous 4-3-3 formation any time soon? 

Ive never seen a team fail so miserably at it! Thought when Pedro came in he would make us rigid and hard to beat but seems he's just adopted the turgid shite style warburton provided. 

The formation is an absolute joke. It's only Barcelona and teams of that quality that can play it. We are over ran by any team who only need to play 4 or 5 in their midfield and we are fucked. It's a shocking system and one that we have shown time after fkn time that we cannot play.  We all as laymen can see this, but our last 2 managers seem to think 433 is the only way, what would be the odds on that happening. It's sickening to watch how inferior teams can compete and beat us when on paper and if we were set up correctly, we would be destroying them.  He better get this system to fuck soon or we will be off the pace again as soon as the league starts.  Nothing but a win in the first game will do, no excuses. 

Just now, WGOH said:

It shouldn't have fucking mattered what formation we played. This team finished 4th in the Luxembourg league 

This is true but I'm honestly sick watching us try play this way when we are in no way equipped to play it. 

Full backs up next to the 2 wide men and getting caught out time after time because we can't keep possession of a football. 

Every time a smaller team sets out against us and they are well organised we run out of ideas after 20-25 minutes.

Thought 4-2-3-1 might be the way to go this season but now would go back to a traditional 4-4-2.

We've zero cutting edge up front and have to make 20 passes to get the ball into the box at times maybe 4-4-2 might help with being a bit more direct.

Always looks to get the ball out wide even though our wide players are pure and utter shite,I'd like to see a 442 diamond and play narrower Rossiter infront of the back 4,Jack and Dorrans in the middle and Pena at the tip of the diamond,probably need 2 new attacking fullbacks who could provide the width tho  and could do with a proven goalscorer 

Wes

newRB  Alves Cardoso newLB

Rossiter 

Dorrans  Jack 

Pena

NewST Herrera

I don't have a problem with 4-3-3 in general, I just don't think we have the striker that suits it. 

Miller, Waghorn, Morelos all look to me like they would prefer a strike partner. Herrera is the only one I can imagine might work in a 4-3-3 but haven't seen enough yet to judge.