Anyone got a PS4 Pro?

Rambo1872

On 11/08/2017 at 9:52 PM, M0NTY said:

Thinking of getting a pro but not sure if theres much point if they plan to release a ps5 in a year or so? 

Anyone got one and glad they upgraded or not worth the 380?

Yes I got rid of the Xbox one and have been a Microsoft fan since the original Xbox.  I could not change my teams on pro evo so switched and  switched to the PS4 pro when it was  jnot long out.

It's a very nice machine, get a verticle stand for it if you get one as it big but really nice looking, I honestly thought I would regret getting rid of the Xbox one but this is one good machine.

I play it on a Panasonic txp50vt50 plasma 1080p and it's a smooth as , Just got Dirtb4  and it looks Fanta sticky smooth and plays amazing .

Really worth the money if you do not have a PS4 but if you have a PS4 then it personal choice, games will run smoother and faster, downloads and gaps during games will be shorter 

Its basically a PS4 with a turbo stuck on the back of it and I haven't even played on a 4K with it yet and I only payed £349 for mine.

A

8 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Yes I got rid of the Xbox one and have been a Microsoft fan since the original Xbox.  I could not change my teams on pro evo so switched and  switched to the PS4 pro when it was  jnot long out.

It's a very nice machine, get a verticle stand for it if you get one as it big but really nice looking, I honestly thought I would regret getting rid of the Xbox one but this is one good machine.

I play it on a Panasonic txp50vt50 plasma 1080p and it's a smooth as , Just got Dirtb4  and it looks Fanta sticky smooth and plays amazing .

Really worth the money if you do not have a PS4 but if you have a PS4 then it personal choice, games will run smoother and faster, downloads and gaps during games will be shorter 

Its basically a PS4 with a turbo stuck on the back of it and I haven't even played on a 4K with it yet and I only payed £349 for mine.

A

Thanks for the review mate. I'll wait for now i reckon, my ps4 is a launch console and its got a few injuries. Need to stand it vertical because if i lie it down flat every now and then it will randomly eject the disc. Its the heat that builds up inside the console and it makes the chassis expand into the eject button. Its been like that for months and only recently discovered it doesnt happen if i have it vertical so i'll run it into the ground then see about a pro

Just now, M0NTY said:

Thanks for the review mate. I'll wait for now i reckon, my ps4 is a launch console and its got a few injuries. Need to stand it vertical because if i lie it down flat every now and then it will randomly eject the disc. Its the heat that builds up inside the console and it makes the chassis expand into the eject button. Its been like that for months and only recently discovered it doesnt happen if i have it vertical so i'll run it into the ground then see about a pro

Playing Dirt 4 today with the wee man, it's the best rally game I have played , it's smooth and bloody fast as hell, I was gonna wait for the new Microsoft console due out but because you can't add strips and sponsors etc to pro evo I sold the lot, was really worried as I am a fussy cunt when it comes to consoles. Had them all since the zx spectrum days , mega drive , Snes , PS1,N64, PS2, Xbox,Xbox 360, Xbox one now the Sony pro, I have also had the GBA, the psp and my son currently has the  3dsxl. .

So when I say I know my consoles it because I have owned so bloody many over the years and looking through that list the 2 I was most disappointed with were the PS2 and the Xbox one which is kind of weird , I had the ps2 since launch date and sold a year later and loved the original Xbox.  

So if I say it's a hell of a console don't listen ?, but if your other ones at deaths door then why not ??

PS5 will be out in the next 2 years so unless you are desperate it's best to wait imo. Mind you if you have all the kit like a top end 4KTV (and it needs to be a top end one as the lower price ones don't have decent HDR which is what you are looking for in gaming at 4k) 

It's going to blow the new X box out the water too so I'm just going to wait as it will be a more powerful machine and will have the best devs on it. 

If money's not a issue then why not though 

40 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Playing Dirt 4 today with the wee man, it's the best rally game I have played , it's smooth and bloody fast as hell, I was gonna wait for the new Microsoft console due out but because you can't add strips and sponsors etc to pro evo I sold the lot, was really worried as I am a fussy cunt when it comes to consoles. Had them all since the zx spectrum days , mega drive , Snes , PS1,N64, PS2, Xbox,Xbox 360, Xbox one now the Sony pro, I have also had the GBA, the psp and my son currently has the  3dsxl. .

So when I say I know my consoles it because I have owned so bloody many over the years and looking through that list the 2 I was most disappointed with were the PS2 and the Xbox one which is kind of weird , I had the ps2 since launch date and sold a year later and loved the original Xbox.  

So if I say it's a hell of a console don't listen ?, but if your other ones at deaths door then why not ??

Ha a had the ps2 out the other week playing manhunt ?

20 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

PS5 will be out in the next 2 years so unless you are desperate it's best to wait imo. Mind you if you have all the kit like a top end 4KTV (and it needs to be a top end one as the lower price ones don't have decent HDR which is what you are looking for in gaming at 4k) 

It's going to blow the new X box out the water too so I'm just going to wait as it will be a more powerful machine and will have the best devs on it. 

A paid 2k for a 55 samsung uhd curved 2 year ago and its outdated already for 4k gaming. Well shot ma load too soon on the fuckin hing ? so thats why a might wait for the ps5 give me time to save up for a newer tele.

26 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

I just bought the wee man a Sony Bravia 32"  wd756  for his birthday. Sony have a 32" HDR tv Af just over £300, they have put it in non 4K tv's now the only ones to do it so far, only thing was it was not full hd and he has sky Q, but they have a 40 and 43" at £569 or something and that's not bad for full hd and hdr especially for gamers . ?

1 hour ago, Copland bear said:

I just bought the wee man a Sony Bravia 32"  wd756  for his birthday. Sony have a 32" HDR tv Af just over £300, they have put it in non 4K tv's now the only ones to do it so far, only thing was it was not full hd and he has sky Q, but they have a 40 and 43" at £569 or something and that's not bad for full hd and hdr especially for gamers . ?

I'm trying to not cave in for a TV at Christmas. I know if I wait till 2018 Christmas time I'll get just as good a deal on what will be a better TV for the PS5 but as you know we all cave in for some reason anyway!! 

ukhotdeals or whatever it is called is great for keeping an eye on the best deals for 4k TVs. Saw a 50" Samsung cracker for just over £500 one of the better ones rated for gaming but didn't go for it and now it's back at £800! 

Wish I'd win the lottery and just go tonto 

On 14/08/2017 at 8:19 PM, M0NTY said:

A paid 2k for a 55 samsung uhd curved 2 year ago and its outdated already for 4k gaming. Well shot ma load too soon on the fuckin hing ? so thats why a might wait for the ps5 give me time to save up for a newer tele.

I have waited also as I have a great 1080p picture downstairs and the same upstairs, Panasonic will be the range I am looking at and they were still short just now,  got sky q so get 1080p instead of 1080i now but again not a great amount of 4K stuff and you will probably still watch more 1080p stuff than 4K. I will probably wait another 2 years before I buy one that and because the wife would not be too chuffed :bangbang:

But buying a pro is only £350 to at least get something out your tv now as it would look great ?

I don't have a PS4, still using my 3, but now looking to either get a second hand C chassis PS4, slim PS4 or a Pro. Cant decide what to go for! I don't  have a 4K tv so not sure a Pro would be the right on to get at the minute. 

Any recommendations are welcomed 

On 20/08/2017 at 11:44 AM, krs said:

I don't have a PS4, still using my 3, but now looking to either get a second hand C chassis PS4, slim PS4 or a Pro. Cant decide what to go for! I don't  have a 4K tv so not sure a Pro would be the right on to get at the minute. 

Any recommendations are welcomed 

Are you planning a 4K tv in the future, do you want the best picture smoothest frame rates at 1080p then go the pro.  

If space and money is an issue go with the slim. 

6 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Are you planning a 4K tv in the future, do you want the best picture smoothest frame rates at 1080p then go the pro.  

If space and money is an issue go with the slim. 

I won't be buying a 4K tv soon, by your reckoning I'm better off with a slim. Save myself a few quid too! 

If you want to play games in native 4k resolutions you need a GPU like a 1080ti which costs about £600+ on its own.  The PS4 Pro wont play games in native 4k, it'll upscale it.  Upscaling means the console takes one pixel, and replicates it in to a block of four, so there's no more detail to the image despite the big fancy TV.  I actually think these consoles use a HDMI 1.4 port so you can't even get more than 30 frames per second on any TV or monitor you buy.

If you play on console it's just for fun and you can have that with a standard PS4.  If you have extra money and you want to upgrade your PS4 then buy an SSD and swap out the old hard drive.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/08/2017 at 10:20 PM, The Godfather said:

I'm trying to not cave in for a TV at Christmas. I know if I wait till 2018 Christmas time I'll get just as good a deal on what will be a better TV for the PS5 but as you know we all cave in for some reason anyway!! 

ukhotdeals or whatever it is called is great for keeping an eye on the best deals for 4k TVs. Saw a 50" Samsung cracker for just over £500 one of the better ones rated for gaming but didn't go for it and now it's back at £800! 

Wish I'd win the lottery and just go tonto 

What size are you looking for? And  if you want a bargain wait until a new model is out and buy the older model as you can pick these up for heavily discounted prices.

On 23/08/2017 at 1:33 PM, psb07158 said:

I think I'm switching over to the Xbox One X in November unless Sony come out with some great PS4 Pro deals at launch time

I fancy this as I love Microsoft, but if I can't change pro evo strips then no point for me?  If I could I could tell the wife the wee man love the pro that much ( very good machine) I switching back to Microsoft for my Christmas and he can just have that.

It is never out the wee cunts room so he might as well have it   I hate sharing my games console, can share the car with the Mrs but not my game console and these wee fuckers should get their own and learn some respect.

But if pro evo is not an issue for you then buy one before a the Sony pro as this will be everything the rushed out Xbox one should have been and Microsoft I find rarely disappoint .  

15 hours ago, Copland bear said:

I fancy this as I love Microsoft, but if I can't change pro evo strips then no point for me?  If I could I could tell the wife the wee man love the pro that much ( very good machine) I switching back to Microsoft for my Christmas and he can just have that.

It is never out the wee cunts room so he might as well have it   I hate sharing my games console, can share the car with the Mrs but not my game console and these wee fuckers should get their own and learn some respect.

But if pro evo is not an issue for you then buy one before a the Sony pro as this will be everything the rushed out Xbox one should have been and Microsoft I find rarely disappoint .  

Yeah, I don't play PES so makes no diff to me mate. If you can't currently do it on the Xbox One I'd doubt it'd change on the One X ?