Union Bears Statement

Just now, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I fully suppprt the atmosphere part and all for it. Never said a word against it. 

The rest is my opinions. Am I not allowed them like? 

I'm my view it should be a fan lead consultation, not one club looking to boost themselves.

You're honestly on another planet at the moment mate.

1 minute ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Maybe but just see the wider picture. Last thing we need as a club is to lose loyal fans if they are pissed off at either being moved or not being consulted.

Anyone who doesn't renew because of this isn't loyal.

Just now, Frank Harrison said:

Yeah so your most loyal fans, suddenly get told they are being moved, to a seat with a poorer view, away from others they sit with aren't loyal for saying why bother? 

I know all the guys, woman around me and would be gutted if was just moved.

If that's how it goes it shows that the club don't care for the fans, just the payment for the ticket.

2 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Yeah so your most loyal fans, suddenly get told they are being moved, to a seat with a poorer view, away from others they sit with aren't loyal for saying why bother? 

I know all the guys, woman around me and would be gutted if was just moved.

If that's how it goes it shows that the club don't care for the fans, just the payment for the ticket.

They would be offered the chance to stay in that seas and stand, if they didn't take up that option that is on them. Would be pretty selfish of them if they were difficult about it.

Maybe but just see the wider picture. Last thing we need as a club is to lose loyal fans if they are pissed off at either being moved or not being consulted.

Read my post on the previous page re Dortmund and amount of renewals v cancellations. People will simply sit elsewhere.

Wth regards to those who say they won't move, they don't have any say in it - the ST remains the property of the club:

3.3 The season ticket will remain the property of the Club at all times and must be produced together with evidence of your identity if required to do so by any official, steward or employee of the Club or any police officer. The Club reserves the right to require the immediate return of the season ticket at any time.

4.3 The Club may in its reasonable discretion, relocate the holder to an alternative seat/space or part of the stadium for any match played at the stadium. Exercise of this right includes but is not limited to the following situations; (a) if the Club is required under the rules of a competition to provide seating for the use of the competition organiser; (B ) if a visiting club insists upon its maximum allocation under the applicable league or competition rules; © if the section of the stadium in which the holder's seat is located has been closed; and (d) for safety, security or other operational reasons.

5.5 The holder must occupy the seat/space allocated to him/her by the Club. However, the Club reserves the right to relocate the holder to any other seat in the stadium at any time.

https://www.rangers.talent-sport.co.uk/assets/html/assets/Terms & Conditions 2017.pdf

It wasn't so long ago that those in the Govan Rear for games against Buraspur, Valencia and Man Utd had to move...only to find their seats sold to Bears.

If the club decides to agree with SS area then there's not much to do rather than suck it up and either remain part of it...or move.

As an aside, are we going for full standing, or railed seating (as bheast fc had their calls for railed seating objected to for some reason).

2 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

So if I start the ball rolling to get alcohol sold in stadiums and it gets passed then I get to have first pint every game.

Its ma baw mentality. My idea so I'm first in. 

Look at that list of supporters clubs alone. Has to an open offer.

It's not like that at all you're just in a wee cream puff about something 

The RSCs are responding to the UB campaign i didn't see any of them rallying for it before that 

You've obviously just got a chip in your shoulder and that's coming from someone who's had countless arguments with the UBs and their backers on here 

17 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

Club would hardly be returning the fans loyality if it said, 20 years man and boy, thick n thin, Doesnae matter if you won't stand you can sit somewhere else whether you like it or not. 

6 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

As an aside, are we going for full standing, or railed seating (as bheast fc had their calls for railed seating objected to for some reason).

They have railed seats don't they? It's a condition for UEFA games that the standing areas are returned to all seated, which is also an issue if there was an attempt to have more than one standing person per railed seat (who would get the Euro ticket?)

Is "its my opinion" the new catch phrase on here for folk who don't want to hear facts and don't really have an argument

Seems to be getting said a lot on here as of late. Some people don't seem to understand that when opinions don't matter when facts are presented

Seems to be any time someones ran out of arguments on here they just repeat themselves for a bit then go "well that's just my opinion" as if that justifies them ignoring all the facts presented to them

5 minutes ago, ARockit said:

Club would hardly be returning the fans loyality if it said, 20 years man and boy, thick n thin, Doesnae matter if you won't stand you can sit somewhere else whether you like it or not. 

The good of the club has to come before an individual fan, especially over something as insignificant as what seat you sit in.

27 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I fully suppprt the atmosphere part and all for it. Never said a word against it. 

The rest is my opinions. Am I not allowed them like? 

I'm my view it should be a fan lead consultation, not one club looking to boost themselves.

It is a fan led consultation :lol:

UBs didn't see anyone else taking up the helm so they decided to do so on behalf of all fans

They even say they aren't doing it for themselves but all fans you are just making things up to suit your narrative but you just look like you have some bitter resentment towards UB

Just now, With Heart and Hand said:

It is a fan led consultation :lol:

UBs didn't see anyone else taking up the helm so they decided to do so on behalf of all fans

They even say they aren't doing it for themselves but all fans you are just making things up to suit your narrative but you just look like you have some bitter resentment towards UB

No resentment at all mate.

As a season ticket holder my only agenda is that we are all consulted 

Just now, ARockit said:

They have railed seats don't they? It's a condition for UEFA games that the standing areas are returned to all seated, which is also an issue if there was an attempt to have more than one standing person per railed seat (who would get the Euro ticket?)

There must have been a u-turn then as they were previously rejected:

CELTIC Football Club is extremely disappointed and concerned that approval could not be given at today's meeting (Wednesday) of the Safety Advisory Group (SAG) to grant permission to install rail seating at Celtic Park, designed to allow safe standing by supporters.

The club has provided substantial and detailed information in support of this proposal over the past two-and-a-half years and has made every effort to address comprehensively all issues raised by the SAG. Today’s decision has been made despite the Club also providing the requested additional information from an independent stadium safety expert, Dr Steve Frosdick.

Surprisingly, we have also today been informed by the Safety Advisory Group, chaired by Glasgow City Council, that this may be a matter for the Scottish Government, and yet we have previously been told by the Scottish Government that this is a decision which must be taken locally at Council level. 

Spectator-safety at Celtic Park is of paramount importance and we believe the proposals we have made would significantly enhance safety at matches. This is a vitally important spectator-safety issue. It is also an opportunity for Glasgow and for Scottish football to lead the UK in this area.

We do not understand the rationale for today’s decision and in an attempt to seek clarity on this matter, we have requested a full written explanation for the judgement made. Once this has been received we will be in a position to communicate further with our supporters.

I've never got the whole "its my seat" thing.

It's not your seat and never will be, you're basically renting it for a season and there is literally nothing to stop the Club from going "you're not sitting there next season" if they wanted to

The fact is if this goes thru the Club will inquire as to who would be willing to move from each section, and if the majority say no then it won't happen, but the majority will say yes, and the Club will write to those in the section giving them the option to stay, some will some wont, those having to move will be compensated in some way either from a reduced price ST or first refusal on other seats etc. It will be done as fairly as possible, but at the end of the day if the Club felt so inclined they could say to everyone in CF that their seat won't be available next season and there's nothing anyone could do other than voice their concerns.

What seat your in May have some sentimental value but at the end of the day it's meaningless and no one owns their seat in Ibrox

5 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

No resentment at all mate.

As a season ticket holder my only agenda is that we are all consulted 

Well until the day comes and were not all consulted I don't see what your problem is.

You're going in a mood about something that's not even happened yet and then blaming the UBs when that decision will be fuck all to do with them

I've never got the whole "its my seat" thing.

It's not your seat and never will be, you're basically renting it for a season and there is literally nothing to stop the Club from going "you're not sitting there next season" if they wanted to

The fact is if this goes thru the Club will inquire as to who would be willing to move from each section, and if the majority say no then it won't happen, but the majority will say yes, and the Club will write to those in the section giving them the option to stay, some will some wont, those having to move will be compensated in some way either from a reduced price ST or first refusal on other seats etc. It will be done as fairly as possible, but at the end of the day if the Club felt so inclined they could say to everyone in CF that their seat won't be available next season and there's nothing anyone could do other than voice their concerns.

What seat your in May have some sentimental value but at the end of the day it's meaningless and no one owns their seat in Ibrox

That's all fine and well but the club run the risk of losing fans.

I know after 19 years it's not my seat, but it's as you say the sentimental part, the people you know, banter you have etc.

Some fans would walk away.

That's all fine and well but the club run the risk of losing fans.

I know after 19 years it's not my seat, but it's as you say the sentimental part, the people you know, banter you have etc.

Some fans would walk away.

They'd gain more fans than they'd lose. I don't know a single Bear under 30 who wouldn't rather stand

And your "opinion" has nothing to do with that 

1 minute ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Well until the day comes and were not all consulted I don't see what your problem is.

You're going in a mood about something that's not even happened yet and then blaming the UBs when that decision will be fuck all to do with them

No mood, just putting views across. It is what a forum is for. If everyone agreed it would be boring.

I fully support standing though as would be great but done in the right way.

No mood, just putting views across. It is what a forum is for. If everyone agreed it would be boring.

I fully support standing though as would be great but done in the right way.

Well your pulling a load of wild assumptions from nowhere and then complaining about them

You've basically acted like the UBs are a shower of pricks for putting their name to this

They'd gain more fans than they'd lose. I don't know a single Bear under 30 who wouldn't rather stand

And your "opinion" has nothing to do with that 

Again not arguing here. They would gain fans but doesn't say much for the club fan relationship if they are happy to watch loyal fans who have pumped a lot of money in, walk away.

Well your pulling a load of wild assumptions from nowhere and then complaining about them

You've basically acted like the UBs are a shower of pricks for putting their name to this

Maybe put across wrong but Id just want every ST holder to be involved in s club decision.

Again not arguing here. They would gain fans but doesn't say much for the club fan relationship if they are happy to watch loyal fans who have pumped a lot of money in, walk away.

They won't be happy about it but it will be the fans own decision to make 

If someone would go in a huff and walk away from their club over something so trivial then that just shows how loyal they really are