Union Bears Statement

The standing areas should be in both enclosures if anything, But the club would be better investing in disabled toilets as there are none in the Copland stand or the bottom of the Govan, their is one in the Govan rear and I don't know about the broomland stand but think that's probably the same as the Copland. 

It's a disgrace in this day and age that a stadium such as ours is lacking in these facilities.

And ps, next time you get to see Mr King ask him about the disabled toilets first as this is something that our stadium needs , standing section is a luxury we can't afford Just now unfortunately.  

3 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It's not just ub that want it.

I did say thousands  or so signed the petition so I do know there is not thousands of UB members.

And I remember the singing section wanting to expand and it was not allowed. They wanted

people to join the UB and BO and fill up the Broomloan but this was not allowed. Once again, security and

police nipped it in the bud. 50,000 could vote for it, don't see the security or police budging on

anything when they really want to see the back of them. This is not my opinion, this is what I

heard from the head of security myself regarding them not wanting the UB or BO there at all.

Just saying that I would love to see Ibrox bouncing more often but security and police will not want to accommodate

this petition no matter how many want it.

I will be very surprised if they do but it would have to come from the Rangers board to give the go ahead.

A headache they can't fulfil right now due to the expense.

I am not sure if the board can say go ahead as I am not sure how much authority they have given to the security and the police

regarding the safe standing issue but it does appear if they say no, then that is the end of the matter.

22 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

The standing areas should be in both enclosures if anything, But the club would be better investing in disabled toilets as there are none in the Copland stand or the bottom of the Govan, their is one in the Govan rear and I don't know about the broomland stand but think that's probably the same as the Copland. 

It's a disgrace in this day and age that a stadium such as ours is lacking in these facilities.

And ps, next time you get to see Mr King ask him about the disabled toilets first as this is something that our stadium needs , standing section is a luxury we can't afford Just now unfortunately.  

Very good point ?

The stadium needs work in general, less tacky posters and banners but more cleaning and paint. (And that horrible Family Stand sign removed)

5 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Big games big atmosphere. I think its unrealistic to think we could get Ibrox rocking for most SPFL games simply because people are board playing teams 4 times a season is to much.

There is also a new kind of fan inside Ibrox these days you know the ones you start singing or standing up they ask fur ye to sit down/stop singing because the canny see or there trying to watch the game.

I don't know what a new fan is but I've never been keen on some cunt blocking my view.

1 minute ago, baxterboy said:

There's a percentage of refs who make critical calls against us to prevent us from success because they are catholic and/or ira sympathizers.

There's also some refs who make occasional calls against us because they are incompetant.

However, 100% of all refs make calls against us to prevent our success for the simple reason that, if they don't, their careers in scottish fotball are fucked - much in the same way a muslim or German was fucked if they did not tow the IS or nazi party line.

As in all such regimes, the media are controlled and will slaughter any ref who is not towing the party line.

Refs do it to survive. The same goes for everyone in the sfa or spfl.

There wil be those who condemn such reality as 'taigy like conspiracy' regardless of the blatant reality of these last years.

They say lets just beat them on the park naively in the belief that a great team will bring success.

Even if we had a world class manager, defense, and forward line including Messi and Suarez, we will never be the force we once were in scottish football because the paedos republicans control it along with the media, local and national government will never alow it to happen.

Cool mate...

:confused:

1 hour ago, Copland bear said:

Spot on bud and not just facilities like this needed but a lot of other things as well, you can only paper over the cracks with all these banners for so long!

IMG_4980.PNG.e0c87143e81a2aa1a6a6ca112798879b.PNG

1 hour ago, Paisleybear1872 said:

None. Following promising discussions earlier this year at a meeting a provisional follow-up meeting was agreed that never materialised.

Have your emails just been ignored or put on the back burner? To be honest, typically when I talk to a customer who has previously been hot for a project and it's went quiet, there is one of two things that is the cause: the money has dried up or the internal politics has shifted.

Just now, cushynumber said:

Have your emails just been ignored or put on the back burner? To be honest, typically when I talk to a customer who has previously been hot for a project and it's went quiet, there is one of two things that is the cause: the money has dried up or the internal politics has shifted.

We have points of contact with the club that we can go through more directly than e-mails. Our frustrations are more to do with raising this issue with the club for years in meetings and then having our most promising meeting with the right personnel at the club, to then not being up-dated properly and feeling a bit 'palmed off' with the follow-up meeting never happening; leaving us having no real answer to what is developing so we would know where we currently stand and wondering if we are potentially being kept sweet. So in our eyes we had no alternative but to go down a different route to campaign for support and demonstrate the desire for change at Ibrox because the issue is much bigger than just the UB.

I still personally believe we will have safe standing in the near future, it will just take more hard work is all.

On 15/08/2017 at 6:24 PM, Ger_onimo said:

Seems a complete no-brainer really. Any idea of the cost involved OP?

Wouldn't want to be quoted on it but from what I remember a couple hundred thousand to the 500k range. It really depends on where they would put it and the size to be honest, there are quite fine details to it, for example, the stand needs to be made to a specific gradient where safe standing is.

9 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

@Paisleybear1872

I think the UBs should be moved to a prominent standing section which should also be offerred to other ST holders but so far the UBs have continued to allow people to set off flares at Ibrox and beyond and until that stops how do you expect the club to trust you ?

Flares have never been set off on a matchday inside Ibrox by UB or Rangers fans, the only time I've ever seen it is Ibrox title celebrations when we've won the league away from home.

12 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

People go on about the atmosphere as it once was.  When was that?  I've been going to Ibrox for decades and the atmosphere has never always been great.  It is an urban myth that the atmosphere used to be great.  Certainly it has been unbelievable at some games  but at others it has been almost non-existent.   I think the UB are Ok sometimes and complete idiots at other times.  I will repeat part of my previous posts:  Will the UB proposal have sufficient numbers of fans willing to pay for season tickets to the value of those being displaced?  Exactly how many are the UB talking about?  Where do those displaced fans get relocated?  If the club has cut off communication then the UB should use the SLO and Club 1872 to open some form of dialogue.

To be clear we aren't claiming we are going to get 50,000 singing against Hamilton on a average league game, but a couple thousand capacity safe-standing section in a more prominent area will create a greater atmosphere, that is more likely to spread, than 500 in the worst corner of the stadium.

Will the UB proposal have sufficient numbers of fans willing to pay for season tickets to the value of those being displaced?

It has always been a proposal that we have suggested and have always been aware safe-standing season tickets are going to cost more. I think there is definitely an appetite and believe that is being shown at the moment.

Exactly how many are the UB talking about?

Can't put an exact number on it because each location of Ibrox changes the number, for example you can't have CF1,2,3 safe standing and the rest normal seats because the safe standing section will block the view of the other sections for that side of the pitch. We do believe it has to be on a big scale so it is done properly and actually has the potential to change the matchday atmosphere for fans. There wouldn't be much point in another section of 500 because there is more appetite than that and us ourselves have more than outgrown our current section of 500. Celtic have roughly 3,000 I believe, it needs to be on that scale as well.

Where do those displacd fans get relocated?

Fans should first of all have the option to stay if they wish. After that, in my opinion they should be given first option on the available seats to move into.

If the club has cut off communication then the UB should use the SLO and Club 1872 to open some form of dialogue?

We have explored all avenues and everyone is receptive but we really need to be moving forward at a better rate. Club 1872 can only act upon the wishes of its members and have to poll a proposal before they can act on it and/or potentially lobby Rangers on it. Maybe with the current interest they will decide to do poll their members. If Club 1872 were able to do that, as the second largest shareholder I believe that would be extremely beneficial, but at the moment I personally believe they can't do too much we can't already do ourselves, which still leaves the current frustration.

7 hours ago, mchammer said:

I did say thousands  or so signed the petition so I do know there is not thousands of UB members.

And I remember the singing section wanting to expand and it was not allowed. They wanted

people to join the UB and BO and fill up the Broomloan but this was not allowed. Once again, security and

police nipped it in the bud. 50,000 could vote for it, don't see the security or police budging on

anything when they really want to see the back of them. This is not my opinion, this is what I

heard from the head of security myself regarding them not wanting the UB or BO there at all.

Just saying that I would love to see Ibrox bouncing more often but security and police will not want to accommodate

this petition no matter how many want it.

I will be very surprised if they do but it would have to come from the Rangers board to give the go ahead.

A headache they can't fulfil right now due to the expense.

I am not sure if the board can say go ahead as I am not sure how much authority they have given to the security and the police

regarding the safe standing issue but it does appear if they say no, then that is the end of the matter.

There isn't thousands of UB members and I honestly don't recall serious proposals to expand the Broomloan section. I don't believe for a minute any of the head of security said the things you have said he did about the UB at Ibrox and that is based on their actions.

8 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

Yes I went to Sheffield and it came from the section where they were standing and it seems your trying to deflect the use of the flares away from the UBs. 

As said, I back a standing section 100% but they need to get their house in order.

A guy standing in front of me had numerous smoke bombs and he was definitely not in the UBs as I was half way up the stand quite far from the UBs down the front.

15 hours ago, Paisleybear1872 said:

Flares have never been set off on a matchday inside Ibrox by UB or Rangers fans, the only time I've ever seen it is Ibrox title celebrations when we've won the league away from home.

To be clear we aren't claiming we are going to get 50,000 singing against Hamilton on a average league game, but a couple thousand capacity safe-standing section in a more prominent area will create a greater atmosphere, that is more likely to spread, than 500 in the worst corner of the stadium.

Will the UB proposal have sufficient numbers of fans willing to pay for season tickets to the value of those being displaced?

It has always been a proposal that we have suggested and have always been aware safe-standing season tickets are going to cost more. I think there is definitely an appetite and believe that is being shown at the moment.

Exactly how many are the UB talking about?

Can't put an exact number on it because each location of Ibrox changes the number, for example you can't have CF1,2,3 safe standing and the rest normal seats because the safe standing section will block the view of the other sections for that side of the pitch. We do believe it has to be on a big scale so it is done properly and actually has the potential to change the matchday atmosphere for fans. There wouldn't be much point in another section of 500 because there is more appetite than that and us ourselves have more than outgrown our current section of 500. Celtic have roughly 3,000 I believe, it needs to be on that scale as well.

Where do those displacd fans get relocated?

Fans should first of all have the option to stay if they wish. After that, in my opinion they should be given first option on the available seats to move into.

If the club has cut off communication then the UB should use the SLO and Club 1872 to open some form of dialogue?

We have explored all avenues and everyone is receptive but we really need to be moving forward at a better rate. Club 1872 can only act upon the wishes of its members and have to poll a proposal before they can act on it and/or potentially lobby Rangers on it. Maybe with the current interest they will decide to do poll their members. If Club 1872 were able to do that, as the second largest shareholder I believe that would be extremely beneficial, but at the moment I personally believe they can't do too much we can't already do ourselves, which still leaves the current frustration.

There isn't thousands of UB members and I honestly don't recall serious proposals to expand the Broomloan section. I don't believe for a minute any of the head of security said the things you have said he did about the UB at Ibrox and that is based on their actions.

I did not say there was thousands of UB members did I?  And do not call me a fecking liar. I do not tell lies. Why don't you ask him yourself at the Hearts game. He will probably be standing in front of the UB's or BO trackside, or around the corner.

31 minutes ago, mchammer said:

I did not say there was thousands of UB members did I?  And do not call me a fecking liar. I do not tell lies. Why don't you ask him yourself at the Hearts game. He will probably be standing in front of the UB's or BO trackside, or around the corner.

Touchy.

I think you're confused about the head of security at Rangers. 

He certainly doesn't stand infront of UB. Usually around the tunnel area.

57 minutes ago, mchammer said:

Hold on and I'll ask him is it true that mchammer said you don't actually like us.

Like PRW said, he doesn't even stand there. There's more than just David Martin who is head of security and I wouldn't believe that to be true because it doesn't reflect any dealings we have had at all.

On 16/08/2017 at 1:36 PM, giffnockger said:

@ben51 what u think mate??

Would love it. What about you? 

Only real way to improve the match day experience, in my opinion.

Though I do appreciate a lot also needs to be done for disabled supporters. I remember reading about it on here and it was embarrassing how poor our standards are for them. Which I think should be prioritised over this. But there's nothing to say we can't do both at once.