Not sure how I feel about this

delamonty

11 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

You then went on to say he needs until next summer, so you were contradicting yourself. 

Either way I'm just glad you have absolutely not control over how long he gets because it's mightily worrying how long you'd give someone to be able to their job. 

You need to polish up on your reading and interpreting skills - and I'm glad you not in charge as we would be changing manager after every loss. 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 21/08/2017 at 11:53 AM, G.E.C. said:

Never have faith in Pedro at all. After the first Progress game I knew we were going out the following week. Didn't have high expectations for the last two home games either.

Any chance of a score prediction for Sunday? And the lottery numbers. 

On 21/08/2017 at 10:06 PM, Bluepeter9 said:

2-3 seasons is what I think is needed - one transfer window after these wholesales changes ( i.e. Till summer) should be the minimum - even you thought he deserves till Xmas 

I agree that managers should be given time, however, that's caveated with there being signs of some progression. 

Our last two managers both stayed beyond the point where we were progressing, and should have gone earlier. 

I was pretty angry after the weekend as I was so fed up dropping points and having diddy club fans goading us at Ibrox again. I was happy for him to go. After calming down a little, I'm drifting back towards the 'needs some time' camp - but 'time' at Rangers can't be more than 5 or 6 games IMO. 

We are a better team with better players than under MW at this point last year, but we need to stop repeating the same mistakes. If we don't then Pedro gets the bullet after the September game against the mankies. 

5 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I agree that managers should be given time, however, that's caveated with there being signs of some progression. 

Our last two managers both stayed beyond the point where we were progressing, and should have gone earlier. 

I was pretty angry after the weekend as I was so fed up dropping points and having diddy club fans goading us at Ibrox again. I was happy for him to go. After calming down a little, I'm drifting back towards the 'needs some time' camp - but 'time' at Rangers can't be more than 5 or 6 games IMO. 

We are a better team with better players than under MW at this point last year, but we need to stop repeating the same mistakes. If we don't then Pedro gets the bullet after the September game against the mankies. 

Your time frame is a bit short for me but understand the need to see improvement - I see that in the squad and expect it to translate into results with some 'blips' - I think consistency takes time but this place goes mental at every blip 

7 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Your time frame is a bit short for me but understand the need to see improvement - I see that in the squad and expect it to translate into results with some 'blips' - I think consistency takes time but this place goes mental at every blip 

But is it a blip when there's more bad than good?

Progress home and away - bad

Motherwell - good

Dunfermline - good

Hibs - bad, but with red card escape clause 

Hearts - not good either 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

But is it a blip when there's more bad than good?

Progress home and away - bad

Motherwell - good

Dunfermline - good

Hibs - bad, but with red card escape clause 

Hearts - not good either 

It's not terminal nor a pattern it's just the start - to early to decide one way or another for me 

3 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

It's not terminal nor a pattern it's just the start - to early to decide one way or another for me 

I also believe it was tad unlucky:

1. Progreś game too early in my opinion, although I'm not making up excuses for players that should've showed better quality and finished them.

2. In my honest opinion we were robbed rotten against Hibs, cheated is an understatement and I've no doubt in my mind if 11 players were on the pitch Rangers would've won that game, every belief in that. Difference is, Hibs played wide open, Hearts didn't.

3. Hearts at home was the first game our new team has faced where they've sat in against us, hopefully that was just a learning curve for our new team to be better prepared for that next time. I cannot make up excuses though that the team should've been more direct, but overall the team looked good, just the final 3rd that is lacking. Let's not forget the unfortunate decision made by poor referee decision to chop that goal off as offside, stupid ruling in my opinion.

So whilst I see that there are flaws, I'm optimistic of the direction Rangers are going in, in other words we're a much improved side, it's now a case of getting the team to score goals in those matches.

2 minutes ago, RangersScotty9 said:

1. Progreś game too early in my opinion, although I'm not making up excuses for players that should've showed better quality and finished them.

2. In my honest opinion we were robbed rotten against Hibs, cheated is an understatement and I've no doubt in my mind if 11 players were on the pitch Rangers would've won that game, every belief in that. Difference is, Hibs played wide open, Hearts didn't.

3. Hearts at home was the first game our new team has faced where they've sat in against us, hopefully that was just a learning curve for our new team to be better prepared for that next time. I cannot make up excuses though that the team should've been more direct, but overall the team looked good, just the final 3rd that is lacking. Let's not forget the unfortunate decision made by poor referee decision to chop that goal off as offside, stupid ruling in my opinion.

So whilst I see that there are flaws, I'm optimistic of the direction Rangers are going in, in other words we're a much improved side, it's now a case of getting the team to score goals in those matches.

Good post - get you tin hat on! 

3 minutes ago, RangersScotty9 said:

Too early my arse, they players are just garbage.

We're were drawing, and we were rotten for about 15/20 mins before the red.

The team weren't good, we again were rotten.

15 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Too early my arse, they players are just garbage.

We're were drawing, and we were rotten for about 15/20 mins before the red.

The team weren't good, we again were rotten.

I don't agree, I watched the game, it was the same with Peña when he came on and people were talking pish and I mean pish, they really were talking pish just like you're doing right now hahaha you are. 

34 minutes ago, RangersScotty9 said:

I'm inclined to agree with this and give it a few more games before assuming the worst. Progres was garbage but we had a whole new squad and a lot of turnover/turmoil. Not one to keep looking elsewhere but what was that 5-0 they got pumped or something in Strachan's first game and then Pope Brendan's magnificent invicibly ultra amazing side lost to the Red Devils, sorry, imps.

Hibs was a 10 man effort and even then we only lost by a deflected goal and Hearts, as I've touched upon elsewhere, it was park the bus and pray tactics from Jon Daly. What we need to do is show we have a plan to get through this because we'll be facing it every fortnight. 

1 minute ago, GersGuy said:

I'm inclined to agree with this and give it a few more games before assuming the worst. Progres was garbage but we had a whole new squad and a lot of turnover/turmoil. Not one to keep looking elsewhere but what was that 5-0 they got pumped or something in Strachan's first game and then Pope Brendan's magnificent invicibly ultra amazing side lost to the Red Devils, sorry, imps.

Hibs was a 10 man effort and even then we only lost by a deflected goal and Hearts, as I've touched upon elsewhere, it was park the bus and pray tactics from Jon Daly. What we need to do is show we have a plan to get through this because we'll be facing it every fortnight. 

Exactly and that's what it boils down to, it's fixing that final third and why I could not reiterate to folk more than I already have that I honestly do not believe we're as far off as people believe.

Celtic don't always win convincingly, there was numerous games they scraped by 1-0 and this is the stage we need to get at, fixing the final 3rd, creating the opportunities. It is about being more inventive in that final 3rd and there were a few chances there I felt Rangers could've been in front. Had Rangers banged in a few goals against Hearts (Kenny's chance, Hardie's chance and Morelos offside if counted) people would have a very different attitude and this wouldn't be discussed. Therefore it's why I still believe we do need another goal scorer to come in, unless Hardie can prove he can do it at that level for Rangers.

31 minutes ago, RangersScotty9 said:

I don't agree, I watched the game, it was the same with Peña when he came on and people were talking pish and I mean pish, they really were talking pish just like you're doing right now hahaha you are. 

:lol: 

I watched it as well, considering I was there. Pena was awful.

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

:lol: 

I watched it as well, considering I was there. Pena was awful.

Don't agree, honestly do not, I mean there was one moment where he stopped the ball outside the box and someone said he was pish for that reason and I looked at their comment thinking "you honestly have no clue about football" I mean what exactly do you expect with 10 men on the park and waiting for runs to be made? Then someone called him pish for a heavy touch, one instance on the park, not only was it irrational as it was his first bit of game time of competitive football in 25 minutes, it completely ignored:

• his sliding challenge at the back to win the ball back for us in defence.
  • his challenge out wide to put the ball out for a throw in clearing Hibs threat down the left.
  • his support in the middle to get forward where he was almost 1 on 1 through on goal and brought down.
  • his close opportunity nearly pulling off a 1-2 outside the box and nearly got through on goal.

But as if by magic even although 10 men on the park and showing good potential he was called pish!? hahaha :lol: where did they honestly get that pish from? 

As for you stating you were at the game? Funny how most supporters who sat in the crowd said they didn't see the incident properly until they viewed it back on the highlights at home, you want to know why that is? Because a viewer sitting at home gets a better view of the game than someone does sitting in the stadium, maybe not all of the time, but most of the time this is the case and I can speak from personal experience on that. 

Were Rangers as awful as people make them out to be after the 15 to 20 minute mark? No, they were not. Other than the poor defending they scored the equaliser from, Rangers were pretty much still in the game and showed strong defending for the most part OTHER THAN the equaliser they scored. 

In fact Rangers were pressing Hibs for another opportunity when Dorrans was brought down. Anyone who says the red card did not change that game, they are having a laugh, they are living in denial and that is no less than the simple truth. I said then I would not judge Rangers over that game and I still stand by those words. For me the judge was more to do with the result at home against Hearts and for me my judgement is that Rangers need to fix themselves in the final 3rd when teams sit in against us.

However the over exaggeration to make Rangers out as if they are as bad as what you make them out to be? I don't agree.

1 hour ago, RangersScotty9 said:

With such a striking profile pic, and with such impressive bullet-pointing, how have you managed to evade my attention for so long?

Oh well, you have my attention now. :thumbsup:

Please consider joining the RangersMedia Erskine Fund - over 200 of your fellow posters have already done just that.

Right.    On to that GersGuy next.   A name like that, how could he possibly decline such an invitation?  

I love my job sometimes! :p:

51 minutes ago, GersGuy said:

Hi Gers Guy.

These Gers Guys ...

EBI_09_zps77etncm0.thumb.jpg.00f09165f47c3288e6a85df8a7d68eea.jpg

would love for you to join these other Gers Guys...

:thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, govanblue said:

With such a striking profile pic, and with such impressive bullet-pointing, how have you managed to evade my attention for so long?

Oh well, you have my attention now. :thumbsup:

Please consider joining the RangersMedia Erskine Fund - over 200 of your fellow posters have already done it.

Right.    On to that GersGuy next.   A name like that, how could he possibly decline such an invitation?  

I love my job sometimes! :p:

I'm more than happy to fund into it mate, no question about it, my only trouble at current is that having just completed my HND I'm currently without work therefore restricting money, at least until I can get my driving licence sorted out and hopefully kick start my career in sports photography which I aim for. 

Is it a straight forward 1 payment? If so I should be able to sort that out, will read through the link you shared.
Cheers!

7 minutes ago, RangersScotty9 said:

I'm more than happy to fund into it mate, no question about it, my only trouble at current is that having just completed my HND I'm currently without work therefore restricting money, at least until I can get my driving licence sorted out and hopefully kick start my career in sports photography which I aim for. 

Is it a straight forward 1 payment? If so I should be able to sort that out, will read through the link you shared.
Cheers!

Yes mate, just a one off payment to give you membership for this whole season.  Admittedly I do come begging again in November and April, but both of these are fully optional.

We do have concessionary rates for Unemployed Members and others who may be short of cash, but still big of heart.

PM me tomorrow, and we'll sort something out. :tu:

Just now, govanblue said:

Yes mate, just a one off payment to give you membership for this whole season.  Admittedly I do come begging again in November and April, but these are fully optional.

We do have concessionary rates for Unemployed Members and others who may be short of cash, but still big of heart.

PM me tomorrow, and we'll sort something out. :tu:

Good stuff, just had a wee read through on the forum post there and yeah I'll PM you about that tomorrow to sort payment which I'd be more than happy to.