Not sure how I feel about this

delamonty

5 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Robertson has fucked it twice in 18 months. But he's one of the boys so he's safe. 

Totally spell bound by two salesmen type managers who put on better presentations than tactics. 

Go for a fucking tried and tested manager like Redknapp who was out of a job, especially if you're going to spunk 1.4 million on they two duds ffs. 

There is about 4-5 quality footballers who will be part of a title winning team, with others like Windass able to do the job as part of a squad. The problem is the manager and I said it as soon as he made his last signing which took him to about £8 million spend that he has nowhere near the time and excuses MW had because can you really blame £8 million on the park every week? The Progres result and since then has really piled it on. 

The problem is it'll be the same inconsistency we had last season where we'll win a couple, everything will be fine, then the tarriers will skelp us, but we'll win and draw the next two and we'll just stumble towards the end of the season. 

Another waste of ST money, following them all over the country to fight with Aberdeen for second. The club needs gutted from top to bottom. 

It shows how out of touch they are with the fans putting a fucking banner across the most iconic main stand in British football instead of showcasing the architectural work that makes it so iconic. 

Clueless, spineless cunts who only make statements when it's an attack against them

The board or directors have messed up twice. At the end of the day they appointed Robertson who had simply came from Motherwell - it would be like appointing the motherwell manager to this position. Whilst I don't doubt he can do certain parts of a football MD job well he does not have the stature to lead this club. The directors should have played a part in appointing a coach/manager fitting of this job. It seemed that DK deliberately distanced himself from pedros appointment so that he could not be caught up in the flack if it goes wrong. Across the city desmond plays a main part in recruiting managers who add to the profile of the club.

I read earlier today that Messi had been offered 1M a week by Barca as he is responsible for 20% of the turnover. If we had appointed a proven top class manager he could have attracted a couple of players and everyone in turn would have raised the profile of the club and thus income. 

I would like to think that if we had went for Redknapp or someone similar we would have got a much better shirt sponsorship deal and we would not have Pena.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can anyone be baffled at scoring 6 against Dunfermline while no doing the business in the League, last year we pumped Peterhead and Queen of the South in the early knock out rounds of the League Cup while dropping points left right and center in the League, we're flat track bullies, we can pump anyone outside of the Premiership but we struggle badly to put anyone in this division to the sword.

7 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Are you having a laugh? Seriously 

You've said the exact same things with McCoist, McDowell, Warburton and now you're doing the same with Pedro. You don't have a clue what your on about which your track record shows

You talk about our chances of winning being hindered by this sense of entitlement when in reality our chances of winning are demolished by you and others inability to see what's in front of them till it's too late. The previous boards and this one acted the same way you do and didn't act till it was far too late which is why we've went thru this same cycle 3 or 4 times now 

If you think blind faith will make things come good then you're as delusional as the folk who still expect us to never lose at Ibrox. You just want us to close our eyes and cross our fingers and hope for the best. I already think the tims getting 10IAR is pretty much a guarantee but if we used your mentality we might as well just hand it to them because clearly these results don't bother you as much as they bother the rest of us

I never said that about mcdowell - he was always a stop gap. 

The rest of my opinion is just that - opinion - and my option is we will get no place without giving a manager period of time, which I define as 2-4 seasons. I agree blind faith makes nothing work - nor does panicking at every hurdle and chucking the dummy out the oram. 

7 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

2-3 seasons?! Haha. He's had everything a manager could ask for in terms of preparation. He's had the end of last season to work out who he wanted to shift on, he's had a full transfer window where he 'got all of his top targets' and a preseason which should have allowed us to hit the ground running.

If he doesn't turn things around by this Christmas he should be out the door, asking fans to support and bankroll a manager who isn't up to the task for a further 2-3 seasons is ridiculous. 

First paragraph is correct - so we are a few games into the rebuilding - Christmas is the minimum needed and then a transfer window to do incremental fixes - time! 

Just now, Leeds_Bear said:

So not 2 to 3 seasons then.

2-3 seasons is what I think is needed - one transfer window after these wholesales changes ( i.e. Till summer) should be the minimum - even you thought he deserves till Xmas 

4 hours ago, Grin'nBEARit said:

Under the current regime we will NEVER challenge Celtic, let alone win the title.

10 in a row is the latest in a list of bogey men to scare us into not rocking the boat.

Getting rid of Pedro now might help them to 10, but keeping him isn't going to stop them. So I see no reason to keep Pedro

This is it, it's exactly what most on here expected when this board got in.

31 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

2-3 seasons is what I think is needed - one transfer window after these wholesales changes ( i.e. Till summer) should be the minimum - even you thought he deserves till Xmas 

Christmas isn't 2-3 seasons though and neither is this summer? 

If Rangers can sort themselves up front and get another goal scorer in I think Rangers could compete against Celtic, our problem on Saturday was exactly that, missing someone who could put the ball in the back of the net, Morelos had but was sadly called offside because of that silly ruling. Miller's guilt edged chance went a begging.

Either get Herrera up front with Morelos or another proven scorer in the SPFL (Moult).

I agree with Del. I expected to beat Hearts easily, but we didn't.

We controlled the game were apart from one attempt under no real pressure from their attack.

We missed a couple of real chances but for the most of the game didn't really put their keeper under any real threat.

What this say's to me is we do not have any quality finishers. Miller has his moments, scores some spectacular goals but misses some sitters.

Morelos runs around a lot scored a couple but not a predator like Boyd was or McCoist. He is rarely in position for some of the crosses that Candeias puts over.

I thought Herrera may have been the right man but so far disappointing. The less said about Dalcio the better. Maybe Dodoo up front with either of the three previously mentioned might be the answer.

Anyway you look at it we need a quality striker and we haven't got one.

Defence looks solid, midfield is strong, but if you can't score goals you are always open to a runaway goal from the opposition, no matter how shite they may be.

3 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

But is the length of time I think is needed 

You then went on to say he needs until next summer, so you were contradicting yourself. 

Either way I'm just glad you have absolutely not control over how long he gets because it's mightily worrying how long you'd give someone to be able to their job. 

2 hours ago, bluenose48 said:

I agree with Del. I expected to beat Hearts easily, but we didn't.

We controlled the game were apart from one attempt under no real pressure from their attack.

We missed a couple of real chances but for the most of the game didn't really put their keeper under any real threat.

What this say's to me is we do not have any quality finishers. Miller has his moments, scores some spectacular goals but misses some sitters.

Morelos runs around a lot scored a couple but not a predator like Boyd was or McCoist. He is rarely in position for some of the crosses that Candeias puts over.

I thought Herrera may have been the right man but so far disappointing. The less said about Dalcio the better. Maybe Dodoo up front with either of the three previously mentioned might be the answer.

Anyway you look at it we need a quality striker and we haven't got one.

Defence looks solid, midfield is strong, but if you can't score goals you are always open to a runaway goal from the opposition, no matter how shite they may be.

Except for the fact Morelos had the ball in the back of the net and wrongly chalked offside.

With that he'd have 4 in 3 but still has 3 goals in 3 games. Not sure you can quite write him off yet? 

23 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Got them on the bounce promotion and then got them sent straight back down, won the reserve league cup, left them in a worse state than he found them. 

His half season he got relegated, then promotion, their best finish for 50 years, then a league cup/relegation. 

38 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

His half season he got relegated, then promotion, their best finish for 50 years, then a league cup/relegation. 

And left them the same way he has left every team, in a shambles. 

I don't want him anywhere near Ibrox ever again. 

I take you don't want to comment on his time after Birmingham then?? 

14 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I never said that about mcdowell - he was always a stop gap. 

The rest of my opinion is just that - opinion - and my option is we will get no place without giving a manager period of time, which I define as 2-4 seasons. I agree blind faith makes nothing work - nor does panicking at every hurdle and chucking the dummy out the oram. 

I agree. Look at Ferguson when he went to man u. First season shite but worked out in the end. Pedro is here and staying,we have no choice. The results so far are poor to say the least but at least he has instilled a fighting spirit . Hibs game was lost by poor ref. Hearts game if Miller took his chances the game was won. Motherwell game we would have lost last season. He does make some strange decisions during games but at least he tries to change things when it's not working. Given time I think he will come good.