Not sure how I feel about this

delamonty

3 minutes ago, Blueshoff said:

Only if the replacement is significantly better.  

Don't get me wrong I'm not happy but would you trust this board with selection of a new manager?

We need 'a safe pair of hands' manager like a McLeish or McInnes.  Very underwhelming managers but the club could benefit from a period of stability. 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robertson has fucked it twice in 18 months. But he's one of the boys so he's safe. 

Totally spell bound by two salesmen type managers who put on better presentations than tactics. 

Go for a fucking tried and tested manager like Redknapp who was out of a job, especially if you're going to spunk 1.4 million on they two duds ffs. 

There is about 4-5 quality footballers who will be part of a title winning team, with others like Windass able to do the job as part of a squad. The problem is the manager and I said it as soon as he made his last signing which took him to about £8 million spend that he has nowhere near the time and excuses MW had because can you really blame £8 million on the park every week? The Progres result and since then has really piled it on. 

The problem is it'll be the same inconsistency we had last season where we'll win a couple, everything will be fine, then the tarriers will skelp us, but we'll win and draw the next two and we'll just stumble towards the end of the season. 

Another waste of ST money, following them all over the country to fight with Aberdeen for second. The club needs gutted from top to bottom. 

It shows how out of touch they are with the fans putting a fucking banner across the most iconic main stand in British football instead of showcasing the architectural work that makes it so iconic. 

Clueless, spineless cunts who only make statements when it's an attack against them

Just now, Blueshoff said:

Ally? MW?

Ally got the job because he was the assistant/had been earmarked for it for years, he was never not getting. Difference between that and going out and head hunting someone. MW is miles better than Pedro and I think he's a dud.

48 minutes ago, gj923 said:

Do we really have the tools and the building blocks? Alves, Dorrans and Jack look good and are up to speed right away. The rest not so and there is a lot of chat similar to garner etc with the rest of them.

Pedro is not the right manager for this club or country.

Do Alves and dorrans look good tho? To me Alves hasn't been up to much we look jail bate at the back everytime a team are on the attack I really did think him are cordoso would tighten up the defence so far they haven't really. As for dorrans again expected big things from him, no doubt he's a good player but he needs to show more as a Rangers fan he knows what it's all about. Him and jack are at the moment playing the same role where the 2 of them are playing the CDM role. In a 4-4-2 one sits and one goes it's school boy stuff. 

2 hours ago, delamonty said:

I really thought we would give Hearts a real doing.  How do we put 6 past Dunfermline (ok.. they're shite), then lose to Hibs and draw with Hearts.

I was more surprised at us putting 6 past Dunfermline than I was about us losing to Hibs or drawing with Hearts.

He hasn't explained himself very well but it's obvious the op is hurting - just like the millions of other Rangers fans around the world, myself included.

I agree with the guys that say we need a safe pair of hands in charge of the team - someone like McLeish or McInnes - but I can't see the board making any change in that department until Christmas at the earliest, I'm sorry to say.

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

How does that apply if you think we've got the wrong man in the dugout again though? 

You are notorious for thinking every bad manager is great. If we took your advice we'd still be in the second tier with McCoist right now.

We have no way of 'knowing' anything until it happens.

You don't 'know' we have the wrong man - you have an opinion. Nothing more nothing less. My opinion is we give home time and by time I mean 2-3 seasons not 2-3 matches. 

Just now, Bluepeter9 said:

You don't 'know' we have the wrong man - you have an opinion. Nothing more nothing less. My opinion is we give home time and by time I mean 2-3 seasons not 2-3 matches. 

It's already happened. Newsflash. 

Pedro needs to drop the 4-4-2, drop Kenny Miller and get Dorrans further forward. He needs to get Pena in the team soon because at the moment Hererra and Pena are his biggest signings and look to be in the wrong movie.  When you add Dalcio to that and the fact that Candeias can't beat a man you really start to think time won't be the healer and Pedro needs to bring in a couple of saviours, and Walker sure ain't one of them.

20 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

2-3 seasons just won't happen. Not at this rate anyway.

26 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Are you having a laugh? Seriously 

You've said the exact same things with McCoist, McDowell, Warburton and now you're doing the same with Pedro. You don't have a clue what your on about which your track record shows

You talk about our chances of winning being hindered by this sense of entitlement when in reality our chances of winning are demolished by you and others inability to see what's in front of them till it's too late. The previous boards and this one acted the same way you do and didn't act till it was far too late which is why we've went thru this same cycle 3 or 4 times now 

If you think blind faith will make things come good then you're as delusional as the folk who still expect us to never lose at Ibrox. You just want us to close our eyes and cross our fingers and hope for the best. I already think the tims getting 10IAR is pretty much a guarantee but if we used your mentality we might as well just hand it to them because clearly these results don't bother you as much as they bother the rest of us

29 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

2-3 seasons?! Haha. He's had everything a manager could ask for in terms of preparation. He's had the end of last season to work out who he wanted to shift on, he's had a full transfer window where he 'got all of his top targets' and a preseason which should have allowed us to hit the ground running.

If he doesn't turn things around by this Christmas he should be out the door, asking fans to support and bankroll a manager who isn't up to the task for a further 2-3 seasons is ridiculous. 

3 hours ago, BailliestonTB said:

Do Alves and dorrans look good tho? To me Alves hasn't been up to much we look jail bate at the back everytime a team are on the attack I really did think him are cordoso would tighten up the defence so far they haven't really. As for dorrans again expected big things from him, no doubt he's a good player but he needs to show more as a Rangers fan he knows what it's all about. Him and jack are at the moment playing the same role where the 2 of them are playing the CDM role. In a 4-4-2 one sits and one goes it's school boy stuff. 

I think Alves looks good and he also threatens at corners with headers and playing nice balls back in. Dorrans has looked decent and I can see him getting double figures this season. Jack has played as expected which means he has reproduced the form that he had in Aberdeen.

Agree we don't need 2 defensive midfielders.

3 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Changing manager alone wont fix our problems.  We'll be second until there's significant investment in to the playing squad which I don't see happening anytime soon.  We apparently spent millions this summer and are still nowhere near competing with Celtic for the title.  We need a capable manager, investment, and a high standard of player recruitment.  Even if we had all those things in place it would still take time to see the changes happen - It could take years.

The two resources we had were time and money.  We've pissed five or six years away on incompetent managers and players who are nowhere near good enough.  It looks like we're out of time as far as stopping Celtic's concerned and they look likely to repeat the 9 in a row if not better it.  The last five or six years have been horrendous and that looks set to continue as Celtic are enjoying a period of dominance. 

Big time!  :tu:

7 minutes ago, gj923 said:

I think Alves looks good and he also threatens at corners with headers and playing nice balls back in. Dorrans has looked decent and I can see him getting double figures this season. Jack has played as expected which means he has reproduced the form that he had in Aberdeen.

Agree we don't need 2 defensive midfielders.

From where I'm sitting he likes to play big long balls up the park granted 1or 2 come off but the vast majority end up running out the park. Jack is our best peice of business. Cracking player future captian imo. Pedro needs to look at what we've got if he wants 2 CDM the switch up the formation even using 4-2-3-1 with Jack & dorrans sitting but we need to fill the hole that gets left between Jack & dorrans & Miller & Morelos. 

At this rate we'll be 10 pts behind Aberdeen by end of September.

How far off second do we have to be before the board end this experiment.  I was supportive of Pedro but as others have said, he's had a full pre-season, the investment and players he wanted.  He's no excuses for at least being in second place for the majority of the season.

We're already pretty far behind.

1 hour ago, ianferguson said:

Pedro needs to drop the 4-4-2, drop Kenny Miller and get Dorrans further forward. He needs to get Pena in the team soon because at the moment Hererra and Pena are his biggest signings and look to be in the wrong movie.  When you add Dalcio to that and the fact that Candeias can't beat a man you really start to think time won't be the healer and Pedro needs to bring in a couple of saviours, and Walker sure ain't one of them.

100% agree with dropping the 4-4-2 & Miller. Playing 2 CDMs at Ibrox is a joke. Pedro just canny seem to get his head round the fact Miller does nothing for us anymore. Granted he might score a goal but I reckon he would be a lot more effective coming off the bench. The last 2 games he's finished the game in midfield where he is non existant. Pedro is fucking clueless tactically. When he first came he spoke about exciting attacking football well sorry but the hearts game was one of the most boring I've seen in a long time. 

3 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

We need 'a safe pair of hands' manager like a McLeish or McInnes.  Very underwhelming managers but the club could benefit from a period of stability. 

Is this the same Mcinnes who got Bristol relegated and in charge of an Aberdeen team that has been royally fucked by the scum 4 /5 times  every season for the past 5years?.or big eck who signed some of the worst players I've seen at ibrox in my life and went 10 games in a row without a win and has been hunted out of every job since?.Give our manager a chance his biggest mistake was coming in early to assess the shit and put himself in the firing line.

Just think it Warburton hadn't tried to be a sneaky bastard then it would have been months till Pedro came in and he wouldn't have anywhere near as much time to prepare

As it stands he's had five months and has improved us slightly and then went nowhere. We should be better than this by now

Under the current regime we will NEVER challenge Celtic, let alone win the title.

10 in a row is the latest in a list of bogey men to scare us into not rocking the boat.

Getting rid of Pedro now might help them to 10, but keeping him isn't going to stop them. So I see no reason to keep Pedro